• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] music box gear

F

feath

i'm a little confused over this gear.
it's title says; Veritae's music box gear; wight 1 stone; the wanderer
Shouldn't it be 'dawn's music box gear'?
i know the wanderer was a bit separate from dawns gears, but it does go in dawns music box.
so, whats up with the title?
and whats it's value?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That is the rare music gear that came from the Book of Truth quest

They are the most common "rare" yet at the same time, is no longer available.

I would charge at least the same for it as the other 3 rare gears

R

rajadeah

That is the rare music gear that came from the Book of Truth quest

They are the most common "rare" yet at the same time, is no longer available.

I would charge at least the same for it as the other 3 rare gears
\

Whats the other rare gears worth?

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Wanderer used to go for 2mil or so. It has to be worth more now, as I have not seen any for sale in months. I would guess 5mil for an unused gear. (A lot less if it is already inserted into a music box.)

M

Muu Bin

Feath,

You have a point about the name. Although it was obtained from the Book of Truth event as Basara mentioned, it is a gear that was obtained from the NPC, Veritae, who rewarded the individual for turning in 10 Books of Truth (I believe it was 10). In order to hear the song, it needs to be added to Dawn's Music Box.

It is difficult to say how many were handed out on each shard; however, so far, this is the only time they have been made available. Personally, I would say they are more "rare" than the other 3 rare gears simply based on this fact (of course this is just my opinion).

I have seen the "Wanderer" gears go for as little as 300k at auction, while the other 3 rare types have gone for as much as 2 mil when I have seen them come to auction - this is on Pacific. I would have to agree with the others on this that the Wanderer should sell for at least the same amount, if not more, than the other 3 gears which still currently spawn.

Hope this helps.