• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Museums of Atlantic.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back when I was new, back in early-early 2001, once I got mage skills to recall around and mark runes... exploring Atlantic, I would find the odd museum along the way. Houses brimming with old rares from before we had Tram. Server births. Special event items. Nothing that was all that common, all locked down around the house to show off in a mighty collection. Granted none of these houses were very small! Even when I came back a few times over, it was like I would always find something new.

Unfortunately, I can't give hard examples... names, locations. The one I remember for sure was in that little clearing between Vesper and Cove, at the cross-roads, just at the magical doorway to Buccaneer’s Den. It didn’t have the BIGGEST collection of rares, but at least I remember that location.

Anyone that knows the Red & Purple town, my personal house is a rares museum in its own right. It's the big house just south of the mall building. The basement, or dungeon, is the main museum, however rares can be found all over the house and inside public viewable containers. Like the old museums, there is no method to the madness. Items were collected over the years and added to the collection. Some very old server births. Some not so very rare items just to share. Some are very special, even if they don’t look the part. As an example, a friend of mine and I figured a way to kill extremely powerful Umbra guards. Blood red axes were the prize and I have 3 in a stack. Do they look special or have special names? Nope! Kind of sad. Many items are from older events, before we got the new generation of Event Moderators. In fact, very few items are from the early days of our EMs. I personally don’t find EM items interesting vs. an old spittoon for example... or an old skull mug. Some items are special rares from other shards. Some items are Asian event items... and these things just don’t happen any more for some unknown reason. Some are oddball gifts along the road. Granted, one could easily have a collection of just new staff (Mesanna made) rares... or just EM event rares. That’s not what I specialize in. Every building (of the 6) in my town has a reason to be. Besides having my main workshop in my personal house, I hope to give people a little entertainment at looking at old and odd items. If asked... I have a few stories. Tis fun!

It makes me wonder if any of the old museums still exist... anyplace. Did they move shards? Did they move from Tram someplace in the vastness of Malas? Did the houses fall and the items were scattered to the winds? This was a day before big deeded items and deeded items never survive a house fall.

Anyone know? Anyone have pictures or information on the old museums of Atlantic?

Thought it would also be a fun topic to share with the community.

Again... no modern EM items. You can see just about everything around Luna city on inactive auction safes. As I understand it, most people only see those as big sale items. Not exactly rares.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Wintermoor is the best example I know of. I don't know of any other "old" museums on Atlantic that were ever as popular. Wintermoor is gone and I don't know of any other old museums, though if you go to the basement of the Fel Vesper Museum there is a small collection of seer items locked down in there from 2000. There are several old seer areas and IGM blessed locations left, but none that I know of that are museums. The Wintermoor Collection suffered a tragic end but that is not my story to tell. The Atlantic Repertory (about 2-3 houses west of Goodman's along the Zento wall) has a solid collection of old seer items and items related to Atlantic RP, as well as probably the biggest collection of in-game player created fiction in the game, but it is not old as you are describing. There is also the Atlantic Mage Tower recreation on the west side of the island on the Fel side of Moonglow. Most of the old special locations are gone. LOA Village fell but the hedges and fountain are still there, Leiah's Rune Library fell, the original Atlantic Mage Tower fell along with the Mage Tower Annex, the Hungry Halfling fell last year but I have restored that in memory of Rivendell, northwest of Fel Brit Moongate. The original Serpent Cross Tavern still stands. I don't know that in the "old days" (talking 2000 and earlier) anyone could really compete with Xanthar of Wintermoor, which is why there may not be many old museums on the shard. Wintermoor was THE museum.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
@EvilPixieWorks Well, I do not have an Old School ATL Museum. I mainly played Baja before xfering to ATL. But I do have a small to medium collection on display of mostly old items. Displayed on just short of 80 Mannequins as well as all over 3 floors of decorated rooms you will find old clothing, armor, weapons, furniture, and much more. I mainly collect old titled clothing items but there are some event items that I enjoy around the house as well. I try to collect any event item that has to do with insects or anything I find cool. 98% of what you will find is from some time earlier in the game.

You and anyone else is so very welcome to come check it out. My house is the 3rd house on the right if you follow the West road leaving Umbra. Just look for mannequins or a house owned my Jason. You will know you are in the right spot pretty quick.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess I should have asked...

Anyone with an active museum or such, on Atlantic, is welcome to drop a rune in the post box at the First Church of Candy, just right of the Red & Purple Mini Mall. :) I check it every day and would love to see your collection.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dropped a rune
Got it! Thank you much, babe. Yeah... I remember this little island from some years ago... I'm sure from a different owner at the time. It wasnt a museam but a guild house. Think it fell. Was a long time ago.

We get a few more runes going, I think this would be a good runebook. ;)