• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Mr. Dead Thumb needs help

• Thread starter BobfromUO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

BobfromUO

Well I read all the forums and the UO site. I planted some plants. After a few days they all died. I watered them every day, and added 2 GH, GS, and GC potions each day. The forums said that the potions would help even if the plant was not sick. Any ideas on keeping these things healthy?

D

DHMagicMan_1

I'd start with reading this FAQ --> http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=95422

You don't always want to water every day... some plants like Cactus don't always use a water and so if you add one you will flood the plants...

Also if you were adding Greater Cures every day to every plant, that's what killed them... you only want to add those when they are needed.

The FAQ linked above takes you step by step through understanding when each potion is needed.

Post again after reading if you still have questions.

T

Teeshy

Aside fromt he FAQ (which I really do reccomend you read, helps HEAPS to get the hang of it!) this site has a "plant doctor" which is REALLY useful when you are first starting out =)

D

DHMagicMan_1

He didn't say if he planted "New" or "Legacy" plants... I assumed it could be either... but giving a plant GC when it isn't in need of it will make it sick.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its unfortunate and hard to know if its what happened, but there is a bug that will age plants a few days in a single growth cycle effectively killing the plants. I have not heard if they have fixed this issue yet or not. Its random I've had it happen to one or two plants out of a dozen in a batch.