• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mounts Bugged in KR? Edit:*CONFIRMED*

• Thread starter Antion_Vallin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Antion_Vallin

I've seen this happening for a while, so I'm sure that if it is a bug you guys may know about it by now. While on a mount and I give a pet command the mount makes the noise it does when it doesn't obey a command. I'm almost a legondary tamer, 119.4 at the moment, yet I noticed after a few commands the frenzied ostard I had been riding had lost enough loyalty to almost go wild.

The ostard had been stabled for a while and I always get pets from the stables wonderfully happy. Could the innability to follow commands be causing mounted pets to decrease in loyalty as if a command fails? Has anybody else experienced this before?

I've posted this in the KR forum, but figured the Taming forum goers would have more specific info.

I

imported_Yalp

I thought loyalty was a factor of how well fed the pet was... how much you feeding them? I know I have 110 taming (105 + tali). I was testing out Fire Steed tag teaming and I'd have issues with them dropping loyalty fast.. but I read it was a based on my taming skill and their highly tempermental nature. I ran through huge amounts of food for them!

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

A

Antion_Vallin

This has <u>nothing</u> to do with how loyal the pet is or my taming levels. Every time I give a pet command while mounted the creature I'm mounted on will make the noise that particular pet makes whenever it doesn't obey a command. I am almost Legondary tamer, 119.5 Taming, 120.0 Lore and 120.0 Veterinary and the creature I first noticed this problem with was a Frenzied Ostard which at this point I have beyond 100% control chance over.

To put it simply, mounts in KR are listening to pet commands from their rider. However, they are unable to perform the command sinse their mounted and lose loyalty from the failed command. I have just tested and confirmed this with my Cu Sidhe. In order for this bug to activate you need to be mounted as well as have another pet out. When you give a command like "all follow" your mount will make the dissobeying grunt and have their loyalty drop as a result. The riders chance to control their mount nor the mounts original loyalty have any effect in this bug, it ALWAYS occures.

A

Antion_Vallin

Just did some additional testing. Horses were not effected negotively by this bug. They made the noise as if they obeyed the commands, but Lesser Hiryu (can be controlled with Bushido instead of Taming) and Swamp Dragon (high tame, no Taming skill required to control). I'm guessing Forest Ostards and Rideable Llama's are not effected negotively, but I have none on me at the moment. It seems to only effect mounts that require a Taming skill higher than that of a Horse to tame regardless of their control chance.

"all follow me" doesn't seem to be effected, but targeting with "all follow" will activate the bug.

I

imported_Tina Small

Antion, I want to make sure I understand you correctly. Just as an example, assume you are hunting with a nightmare and a WW and sitting on the nightmare. You give an "All Kill" command while still sitting on the nightmare.

Are you saying that both pets make a noise in reply to the command and that the mare's sound is disgruntled, probably because you're sitting on it and it can't follow the command?

How long have you been noticing this? Have you tested it in 2D as well?

A

Antion_Vallin

I've been testing KR on and off again, but the only extencive time I've spent reciently was hunting down a purple bunny to tame. This has never occured in 2D and I've heard mounted critters making a noise for months now, but never put any thought into it untill I noticed my Frenzied Ostard was about to go wild.

I did the further testing above and it's true the loyalty was dropping the same as if you failed a control check when given a command. I just tested your situation with the Nightmare and WW and the only command that gave this problem was the "all follow" and targeting command. No other command seemed to triger this bug.

G

Might be 2D too, I had an odd thing happen the other night. I tamed a Kirin (117.4 taming, 120 lore), gave it one "all follow" command and it went wild. I can't recall the last time a Kirin didn't listen, and I've never had one go wild.

Hasn't happened again, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Rey~

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

Might be 2D too, I had an odd thing happen the other night. I tamed a Kirin (117.4 taming, 120 lore), gave it one "all follow" command and it went wild. I can't recall the last time a Kirin didn't listen, and I've never had one go wild.

Hasn't happened again, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that the ki-rin was previously tamed and released. As a result, after you tamed it, it was probably unhappy or confused and that is why it went wild after you gave it one command.

I

imported_Tina Small

Hopefully some more tamers can jump in KR to test this and submit bug reports.

G

I checked on this and am not seeing any issues. I was riding my mare and tested with all the pets in my stable that I could have out with it. My mare never made a peep and I checked it's loyality every 4-5 commands and it stayed wonderfully happy.

A

Antion_Vallin

Were you in KR? Would really mess up my gameplay experience to find out I'm the only one effected by this.

G

Ok, my buzz. I finaly figured out there is a problem from comments you made in another thread. Yes, it only happens with the "all follow" command that brings up the target cursor. I would have never found this as I just pulled the pre-made macros for pet commands and put them on a hot bar and none of thoes have any issues.

A

Antion_Vallin

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, my buzz. I finaly figured out there is a problem from comments you made in another thread. Yes, it only happens with the "all follow" command that brings up the target cursor. I would have never found this as I just pulled the pre-made macros for pet commands and put them on a hot bar and none of thoes have any issues.

[/ QUOTE ]I had pulled the pet commands in the macro window as well. The given pet following command is "all follow", which acts the same as typing in "all follow" and causes the bug to occure as well. I changed my macro to say "all follow me" and there have been no problems.

I origionally used the listed pet command macro's because I thought these commands could not be seen by other players sinse we cannot "whisper" commands in KR.