• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Most sought after properties

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
So while hunting we all get lots of crappy items. Having been away for a decade I need some help figuring out what skills, etc are sought after nowadays in jewelry, weapons and armor.

I understand that these items are all the more interesting if they have skills and properties that combine well, but currently which kind of combination is selling more?

Can someone enlighten me, please? Just trying to get some money going and not lose time with crappy items...

Taka

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Theron, I give you a few idea what people normally seek and that sell well. A good idea is to check the trade forum for example also but I just list out a few so you can get a good idea. Prices varies as it is Clean, Brittle or antique.

1) Ring or Bracelet with Swing speed +5 or +10 with maybe one of this (stamina increase or Hit Chance or Enchance potion or Def Chance)
2) Legendary Artifact or Major Artifact armor
3) Stud or Bone Armor with Stamina Increase 10 (Legendary Artifact or Major Artifact get you decent money)
4) One Handed Splintering Weapon 20 and abrove

Hope that help and welcome back to UO.;)

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Hi Theron, I give you a few idea what people normally seek and that sell well. A good idea is to check the trade forum for example also but I just list out a few so you can get a good idea. Prices varies as it is Clean, Brittle or antique.

1) Ring or Bracelet with Swing speed +5 or +10 with maybe one of this (stamina increase or Hit Chance or Enchance potion or Def Chance)
2) Legendary Artifact or Major Artifact armor
3) Stud or Bone Armor with Stamina Increase 10 (Legendary Artifact or Major Artifact get you decent money)
4) One Handed Splintering Weapon 20 and abrove

Hope that help and welcome back to UO.;)
Thanks that was pretty good!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Some other things to consider...

- Armor with Reflect Physical Damage
- Armor with any eater properties... Damage Eater being first tier, Fire Eater and Kinetic Eater being second tier, Energy Eater, Poison Eater and Cold Eater being third tier.
- Any Studded Leather or Bone armor that are Major or Legendary artifacts, whether it has fully 10 stamina or not
- Shields with Reactive Paralyze
- "Clean" items... i.e., armor that doesn't have any negative properties such as brittle, antique, negative faster casting

ParezE

Visitor
@Merlin & @Taka I too am returning back to UO and attempting to figure out whats valuable from loot and whats not valuable.
What do you mean by "Clean" items?

Also, are there items which you can only loot but cannot imbue with? E.g. FCR 4 jewerly, HCI on armor? others?

Thanks!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Merlin & @Taka I too am returning back to UO and attempting to figure out whats valuable from loot and whats not valuable.

Also, are there items which you can only loot but cannot imbue with? E.g. FCR 4 jewerly, HCI on armor? others?

Thanks!
By clean items, we mean that they have no negative property on them (i.e., antique, cursed, negative luck, negative faster casting, etc.)

And yes, there are items which are not imbuable. I believe this is most Brittle and Antique items.

hungrymedusa1

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am back after 4 or 5 years away and was wondering about Studded and Bone - why are they worth more now? Are chain and ring still junk?

Taka

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it a long list, for example. Swing speed 10 on jewerly. Stamina 10 on armor etc. message me your icq or skype i will guide u and answer your question,

Thanks!

Taka

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bone and Stud armor have +3 lower mana cost bonus now. While plate and ringmail have +1 lower mana cost bonus. So for every armor you wear up to 5 part for a total of 15 lower mana cost (Stud and Bone). So your lower mana cost cap can reach 55 instead of the 40 cap

I am back after 4 or 5 years away and was wondering about Studded and Bone - why are they worth more now? Are chain and ring still junk?

hungrymedusa1

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Bone and Stud armor have +3 lower mana cost bonus now. While plate and ringmail have +1 lower mana cost bonus. So for every armor you wear up to 5 part for a total of 15 lower mana cost (Stud and Bone). So your lower mana cost cap can reach 55 instead of the 40 cap
Thanks, makes sense. That's nice because I always have dug the look of bone.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks, makes sense. That's nice because I always have dug the look of bone.
Also note that the special materials have gotten a resist bonus, so items you enhance or make now with colored materials are going to be 4-5 more resists than before, at least. So, a lot of perceptions on what something's gonna look like stat-wise after enhancing have to be adjusted when coming back. And, of course, there's the items that get a crapton of resists across the board from their property in the new system. 80-100 resist items aren't all that rare of a drop anymore, often have other properties, and can make it possible to squeeze high properties on a low-resist item and still make max resists. Hell, my mage is wearing the ML Magi pendant, which has no resists, and is STILL at max resists (and max FC, FCR, LMC, LRC & Int Bonus, 12+ Mana Regen and 65% SDI, among other things) - and that's with only TWO items from the Imbuing/reforging/new loot era (and one of those is a shield).