• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Most expensive Rare on UO

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All you rare collecting crazy peoples out there. What are some of the most expenseive, rarest, most unbelievable items in UO to date? I've heard of stuff being sold for BILLIONS of gold. Is it true?

FionanPac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
years and years and years ago I had a cursor. I forget where I got it but it was the UO hand. Could be locked down in my house. I got banned unfortunately and quit right after so hopefully someone got it from my house and its somewhere. I would have no idea how much it would be worth today but probably a great deal

B

Bigmikeuk

I'll tell you what I like. Antique Plate Armour! It's red colored plate. Does anyone know anyone who owns some nowadays? That's proper pimp!
OlD sKoOl! :love:

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
years and years and years ago I had a cursor. I forget where I got it but it was the UO hand. Could be locked down in my house. I got banned unfortunately and quit right after so hopefully someone got it from my house and its somewhere. I would have no idea how much it would be worth today but probably a great deal
There was one for sale afew months back actually.. Nails Warstein sold it for a friend. I'm not too sure what it ended up at. A hefty sum though.

As for the most expensive item - fairly tricky. Most items that would be worth a lot are usually unique and thus aren't offered for sale very often. It's like trying to put a price tag on the Mona Lisa. We won't be able to know the value until it's actually sold.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll tell you what I like. Antique Plate Armour! It's red colored plate. Does anyone know anyone who owns some nowadays? That's proper pimp!
OlD sKoOl! :love:
I had 3 or 4 pieces right around when it was 'given out' and ended up selling it for a relatively low amount to a fellow Europa collector. I think it sold for a few hundred mil a piece a few months ago.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most expensive is still the Glorious Lady Shroud of Champions.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most expensive is still the Glorious Lady Shroud of Champions.
That was my initial thought too. Man I'm in the guild that originally won it (i think it was sold for 120m when gold was $10/m and they split the money)... it's so insane.

C

Chaosy

Where did this shroud come from? and any pics?
It was a shroud won by an individual that participated in a PvP Tournament on Oceania. I believe it was a free-for-all, but one guild pretty much took it over and let one of their members win. They sold the shroud (as Petrify will attest to) and split the money. It looks exactly like an Ari or Bal shroud but with 10 physical and 5 cold resist instead. I'd easily consider it the most expensive item in UO.

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The most expensive are the ones you bought just before it was nerfed into an item everyone could get for a 100000th of the cost. :)

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meh, with UO getting swamped by shrouds (of all colors and mods), I do not find it that appealing anymore. I would personally pay lot more gold for some of the other items out there.

K

kray2s

Well this may sound silly but.............

The most expensive rares in game are these 2 - MY eye of newt (first rare thing i brought fom another player) and.......... MY orcish Engineers tool kit. Expensive because the eye of newt was firstpiece of my collection and the tool kit because it was the first big rare (to me at least at the time) that i idoced.

Would take lots of mils (unless i decide to quit) for anyone to prise those from my collection.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we're talking about items that the general public will agree that is the most expensive. But how about listing some of the more expensive items in the game. Things that are worth over 500 mil. Can people list some of them?

S

Simon Francis

My Favorite item to date is still the Lily Shroud.
Neon Purplish Shroud with no mods (no other shroud color like it)

Cebo Shroud also pretty cool (dull blue color with 10 Stealing/10 Stealth)

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My favourite was always shadow artillery, did they get duped? or any of them still around?

Also those coloured horses i once saw on an asian shard looked pretty cool.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All you rare collecting crazy peoples out there. What are some of the most expenseive, rarest, most unbelievable items in UO to date? I've heard of stuff being sold for BILLIONS of gold. Is it true?

If I'm not mistaken the rainbow cloth should be the most expensive item on UO. because if you own some, then you can crash the server at your will.

for those of you that don't remember that. if you make a certain kind of shirt out of it, sit in a certain kind of chair facing the right way, the server goes down. (I left out a few details just in case haha).

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I'm not mistaken the rainbow cloth should be the most expensive item on UO. because if you own some, then you can crash the server at your will.

for those of you that don't remember that. if you make a certain kind of shirt out of it, sit in a certain kind of chair facing the right way, the server goes down. (I left out a few details just in case haha).
Rainbow cloth is illegal, ergo not worth anything.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rainbow cloth is illegal, ergo not worth anything.

that all depends on what you mean. eye candy value? nothing. but "worth" a lot. the open market might be zero VALUE, but the WORTH is the most ever because it's a rare that goes way beyond eye candy and people have always wanted it haha.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a ''castle'' on your home shard....

very few on each shard and totally and utterally ''not duped''

Owning ...even better placing a castle!!!! U pwn UO ...[end]

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
one of my special rares, probably not the most expensive, but I like it :D

B

Bigmikeuk

That ring is awesome!

The most expensive rare in UO is my imba skillz!

"Oh no she didn't uuummmmmmmhuuuummmmmmmm"

P

punker

a ''castle'' on your home shard....

very few on each shard and totally and utterally ''not duped''

Owning ...even better placing a castle!!!! U pwn UO ...[end]

I agree 100% with you, not much sweeter than owning a castle OYHS, dont even ask about the excitement level of placing it : )