• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Most desired or coveted rare item

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll trade an obnoxious amount of gold for the man who brings me "King of Thieves". Arguably the most valuable item ever to come from pacific shard.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are talking about the ring for the King of Thieves. I think there has been at least one more made via the EM Wedding system :(

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are talking about the ring for the King of Thieves. I think there has been at least one more made via the EM Wedding system :(
Unfortunately, Shinobi did that on Atlantic....but it is entitled "The King of Thieves" as opposed to the original "King of Thieves"

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately, Shinobi did that on Atlantic....but it is entitled "The King of Thieves" as opposed to the original "King of Thieves"
Indeed he did. I'm not sure if the "The" was added as a personal preference or if it was put in place to protect the original ring. I love the EM Wedding program for rp purposes, but it did take a whack at the value of some of them.

S

Shinobi

Indeed he did. I'm not sure if the "The" was added as a personal preference or if it was put in place to protect the original ring. I love the EM Wedding program for rp purposes, but it did take a whack at the value of some of them.
I haven't been on in a long time, and finally checked the boards again. Figured i'd post a reply here to let you guys know that the "The" IS to protect the original ring. Since i spent so many years looking for it, i wouldn't do anything to hurt its value. Also, when i officially quit (even though i haven't played in months, haha), the "The King of Thieves" and "The Queen of Thieves" rings are both going down with my account. I won't put them into circulation, so they can't be confused with the real ones.

K

[King_Fisher]

Cebo Shroud by far.
Anything with "I stole this...."
King/Queen of thieves rings

Pretty much going to have to travel from shard to shard prying these from their owners cold dead hands. I'm also certain that me getting the Cebo shroud is a sure sign of the Apocalypse.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Usable:
Great Lakes - Butcher of Jhelom (1)

Straight Pixel Crack:
Siege - Agnew's Cold Weather Boots (Glacial Boots) (1)

Owned by me.....:
Catskills - The Book Of The Damned (Blue Hued Spellbook) (1)

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Desired:
I want my Robe of Relvanian and Ithlesis Breast Plate back!!!

Coveted:
random things from my musuem

Kimberly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, but ours were slightly different. They both started with "The" and they were silver. The original rings were gold.

Unfortunately? Haha! You (and Sarme and Vlad) wanted to take his place at the wedding just to have the ring for yourself. :heart:

*grins*

Actually, between you all, I'm surprised he even made it to the alter...

I haven't been on in a long time, and finally checked the boards again. Figured i'd post a reply here to let you guys know that the "The" IS to protect the original ring. Since i spent so many years looking for it, i wouldn't do anything to hurt its value. Also, when i officially quit (even though i haven't played in months, haha), the "The King of Thieves" and "The Queen of Thieves" rings are both going down with my account. I won't put them into circulation, so they can't be confused with the real ones.
I can vouch for this. I personally asked EM Eris to name them "The King of Thieves" and "The Queen of Thieves".

Also, our rings were silver. The original rings were gold.

Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 20:32:07 -0700
Subject: A Rogue's Wedding
To: [my email]

Wedding details

Date: Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 9:00 PM EST
Where: Felucca Hedge Maze at the Mage Area (location not disclosed)
Deco: EM Eris will be early to lock items down (8:30 PM EST)
Rings: Silver - The King of Thieves and The Queen of Thieves
Announcement: UO Herald and UO EM Atlantic Websites

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
horse dung, almost got it at the great lakes rares festival, but the guy traded it for 300 mil worth of rares when i offered him 400 mil gold
Mine is the horse dung as well as I am the one that traded the 300 mil plus items to obtain it for the second time. It goes well with my horse brushes and the horse bridle which are also favorites. My most favorite is my Golden Phoenix which is a one of a kind. Always love the animal rares.

B

Baron_

Ima miss my Horse Dung :/ I got it at an Idoc, and tomarrow Ill be trading it along with a few other rares for a unique orc helm to go with my collection :/

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone find it ironic that one of the most coveted items is in fact: "a pile of poop?"

Hilarious. I actually remember when I picked up a pile when I first started playing.....wish I held onto it.

Kimberly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. What is your personal favorite rare item in your possession?
Not that it will be in my collection much longer, but my favorite item is my Cupid's Bow. Thanks to my amazing guild at the time (THR/THO), I came in fourth place at the Season 7 Valentine's Day event on Napa Valley. The first five places received a Cupid's Bow.

If I still had a museum, I wouldn't dream of selling it. Since I don't, I feel kind of selfish keeping it locked up in a box.

2. What is the ONE item that have dreamed about owning?
The Crook of The Mystical Moo is my white whale. Orc was kind enough to humor my obsession by making it moo for me when I met him at a rares festival. I may have had to change my pants afterwards. :blushing:

Y

Yen Sid

The Crook of The Mystical Moo is my white whale. Orc was kind enough to humor my obsession by making it moo for me when I met him at a rares festival. I may have had to change my pants afterwards. :blushing:
Oh my! :ten: Are you single? :lol: jk

That certainly is a nice item though hehe.

Kimberly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my! :ten: Are you single? :lol: jk

That certainly is a nice item though hehe.
*laughs*

Admittedly, if I ever do get one, I will probably spend the rest of my UO days running around doing the "interrupting cow" joke. Perhaps this is a dream best left unfulfilled...

B

Baron_

Coveted: My Orc Helms, And Tears Of Death.

Desired: Tim Vit De Anlor.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Coveted: Would have to be my 5 piece event suit from the christmas eve event in 2010 held on Atlantic. 1 of 3 suits and to my knowledge its the only suit completelly put together so far. My avatar is a picture of the suit.

Desired: Would have to be the Red Nightmare from an event on a Japanese shard, originally it would be a dark green old SL War horse but the Red Nightmare just seems a lot nicer.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn, you went how far back to dig up this old thing? *closes eyes and waits for it to go away*

T

Tinsil

I posted it in my farewell post.

It's blaze and one of two that exist. The other is owned by Of The Ring.
I saw this on a vendor back in the day for 100m on Arirang. Too bad I had no money.

M

Marvin

Coveted: Would have to be the 29 Wooden Dock Tiles from the Magincia Invasion I have, and using as a bar and several tables in my inn. They just look tremendous.

Desired: I've always wanted two things really... A singing ball, and a full suit of Pheonix Armour, after a friend of mine let me wear the helm once :)

I thought I'd add a funny story about a rare though... 6 years ago I was doing the usual run around brittannia, this time looking for items to decorate a kitchen-themed room in my house. I stumbled across a small stone house in the middle of no-where selling a few items, one of which was a small pot for 700 gold coins. I had that pot locked down in my house for 6 months before a good friend (rares collector) stopped by to look at the place and noticed it. He told me it was a server-birth and was actually worth around 5-7mil at the time!

Let's just say I don't have that little pot anymore, after my eyes turned to two pound signs... :)

P

PoCove

Well now that I have My very own "Marble Table" now... I think my item is full suit of Pheonix Armour .. I did look for that for a few years I got it a few months back ...

S

Smokey of LS

i think my favorite i have is probably my ginseng root or two story statue, one thing ive always wanted is the Circle Tarot cards!

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm going to change my above post, because I think this is probably going to be my favorite "item", definitely ONE OF A KIND:

M

Marvin

I think I speak for many others when I say that a lot of items that I deemed desireable at one stage, are no longer due to new spawns and gifts.

For instance I always wanted one of those large and small vases (The tan brown coloured ones), but now that they're widely available, I no longer want one... In fact I've not even tried to buy or aquire one as it depresses me. :)

I wonder how many other people remember old server births they always wanted and now they're available to the masses don't even own one for that reason.

I've been playing for 11 years now, so have seen a lot of things come and go, thankfully they haven't started giving out singing balls as christmas gifts... the day that comes will be my last I think! :)

K

King Frankie

Anyone of you been on drach and stepped on the wounderful tele tile at luna that takes you to a castle filled with rares? Everything there i want.

http://i55.***********/2w6hqbo.jpg

L

LionUWF

Anyone of you been on drach and stepped on the wounderful tele tile at luna that takes you to a castle filled with rares? Everything there i want.

http://i55.***********/2w6hqbo.jpg

Wha.... erm.... Who.... Erm.... Whe

**Falls over drooling and shaking**

M

Marvin

Oh my god, that place is incredible... It's not yours, frank is it? :)

Great find, and what a place... Was roaming around the whole time thinking... there must be something this guy doesn't have... oh wait, no, it's here... :)

K

King Frankie

I think its more amazing that not many know about it lol i hope you worked your way to the other teletile also? :)

S

shulginist

Ya I first found that place before the luna house moved to that location. The rares vendor there sells really cheap items from time to time as well when it is stocked.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My favorite EM Event item that i hold in my possesion would have to be a Non Replica Ari Shroud due to the fact it was my first Event Rare i had when i first started collecting, second favorite would be my Navery Night-Eyes Paragon chest (1)

Most Desired Rare: Steed of the Void definatly, graphics are amazing!!

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always love rares, although I don't have many of my own. My favourite that I own would be my Crystal Idol Of Pthorath The Fallen Spider Princess. Partially because it's unique, but mainly because it's BLUE! (My favourite colour!)

As for my favourite that I'd like to own... hrm... There are many I wish I owned, but I'd have to say either an Embroidered Oak Leaf Cloak, a Magical Door or Footsteps To Nowhere.

I remember coming upon a house one time that had the Footsteps, but I can't for the life of me find it anymore. The minute I saw them, I had a total "SQUEE" moment :D

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
favorite rare item: true brit lt. sash because unlike alot of rares, it actually does something and isnt deco.
most sought after rare: Moeity shield, although i dont think its attainable
yes sir!

5 were given away at our baja event. i got 3:>

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1: Zombie -Lake Superior Halloween Invasion 2010
2: Ginseng Root (lay down version with roots)

I had said Ginseng in my pack once after an castle IDOC on LS, along with a umbra university staff writhing with stored power (or somat), playing cards and the golden ancient scepter thing. Had to turn em all over to the guild tho to sell for artifacts and such for the guild. :(.

Aragoni

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1.) A Shirt Made Of Terathan Silk
2.) Ithilisis' Breast Plate
3.) And thers an purpel dagger white sc , mr and sdi - somebody knows name ??
4.) Owned Moongate
5.) Neon Leather Dye Tub
6.) Blackrock Shield

Thats for me are dream items white an practical use in imbuing days today too :)

drewster513

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
unfortunately i have no rare's at the moment but the item i desire the most now is Daemon Mask Hand Painted By Mesanna

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My favorite EM Event item that i hold in my possesion would have to be a Non Replica Ari Shroud due to the fact it was my first Event Rare i had when i first started collecting, second favorite would be my Navery Night-Eyes Paragon chest (1)

Most Desired Rare: Steed of the Void definatly, graphics are amazing!!
An Update:

My most favorite/coveted rare in my possession is actually a tie between two items of mine:

A Crystal Idol Of Pthorath The Fallen Spider Princess (1)
An Ancient Lyre Resembling A Coiled Serpent (6)

The Turk

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
most desired
1-Butcher of jhelom
2-Lily - The Great Lakes Crafting Contest Champion
:)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where can I find this, I'd like to go and see.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh wow, this is a tough one. I do enjoy collecting rare foodtuffs like EM booze, but id have to say my favorite in my collection is the tree "Who knew a tree so tall could grow from a seed so small?"

An item set id like to have is the silver jewelry crafted by Corin Gerald. I used to own the complete set on Pacific back in 1999, but sold them for next to nothing by todays standards.

Oh, is it me or does Taylor kinda look like Mac from Its Always Sunny? =)