• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Most desired or coveted rare item

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm in a good mood since I'm about to head on a nice, long deserved vacation. Felt like starting a little discussion to see:

1. What is your personal favorite rare item in your possession?
2. What is the ONE item that have dreamed about owning?

I have to say for me I cherish either my IBD Oblivion's Needle, Dragon Prod or Three Piece Marble Table that I originally acquired. I remember finding the legit needle took a long time to acquirer....and well worth the wait.

For the longest time, I wanted the server birth blue glass that can be filled with any sort of bottled beverage. Not exactly sure why, but loved the graphic when my long time friend used to have one in his Keep.

Regardless of your opinion of me, I think this is a good discussion to see what people value, but maybe you'll have the opportunity of connecting with someone that has that ONE item you've always wanted.

Your turn.

:D

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
horse dung, almost got it at the great lakes rares festival, but the guy traded it for 300 mil worth of rares when i offered him 400 mil gold

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
favorite rare item: true brit lt. sash because unlike alot of rares, it actually does something and isnt deco.
most sought after rare: Moeity shield, although i dont think its attainable

F

Fraggles

My favorite item is my Rotting Minotour Skull. i love the color and i just get that fluffy feeling when i look at it lol. i also really like my collection of HTML bracelets although im not sure those are considered rare.
The item i would really like to have is a Hallow Branch or a Sharpend stick. I almost had a Hallow branch at the rares fest on Pacific but someone offerd the Seller RL money for it and i prob would not have turned down that offer either :(

N

Nastia Cross

My favorite item was the rubble campfire (what a mistake I made when I sold it). I don't really have a most coveted item because the rares that I want change with what the deco of my house currently is. Right now I need a set of playing cards for the tavern in my RP town, so I guess that's it.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I like stuff that helps me kill other stuff. Wouldn't mind, for example, getting my hands on a non-rep gladiator's collar.

C

Chaosy

Romanticist in Arirang lantern was always my favorite item. I ended up getting it for relatively cheap off Manticore, but he didn't know I would have paid up to 3 bil for it at the time. ;)

Goodbye all!

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Romanticist in Arirang lantern was always my favorite item. I ended up getting it for relatively cheap off Manticore, but he didn't know I would have paid up to 3 bil for it at the time. ;)

Goodbye all!
whats so special about that lantern by the way? what color is it?

D

DVI

I always wanted two rift pillars, but was always too stingy to pay the prices people were asking for them. Until earlier this year when I acquired them for what I considered to be an excellent price.

A

A Stoned Mariner

You can really tell old old school collectors from those who are more new to the profession (mainly those since EM items).

Horse dung is a good one.

Anybody who has collected since way back in the day (and doesn't mind a deco as opposed to a functional item) would most def have an old server birth be tops on their list.

No condescension intended, just a general observation.

A Stoned Mariner W$R

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can really tell old old school collectors from those who are more new to the profession (mainly those since EM items).

Horse dung is a good one.

Anybody who has collected since way back in the day (and doesn't mind a deco as opposed to a functional item) would most def have an old server birth be tops on their list.

No condescension intended, just a general observation.

A Stoned Mariner W$R
And what's better than actually COLLECTING your actual favorite. I have the Marble Table, an old Brazier and a Spittoon that I personally picked up.

One odd rare that I found way back when the Abyss Shard launched (capture the flag anyone?) was 'a gold belt' which has the same graphic as a slippery snake skin. I know nothing else about it, non-equipable, but relatively cool I must say.

Maybe if a Classic Shard opens up again i'll go to the spot and see if it is there. = )

D

DVI

I forgot to list my other coveted rare...

a burnt yew tree....sadly ill never obtain it unless the glowing orb museum on LS goes idoc....

*keeps fingers crossed*

A

A Stoned Mariner

Gold Belt was straight insane. Xanthar (sp) had one in his museum on Atlantic way back and it was the only 1 I ever personally saw. I might of seen a screenshot of another one from a diff shard. But that thing was insane uber rare.

D

DVI

Gold Belt was straight insane. Xanthar (sp) had one in his museum on Atlantic way back and it was the only 1 I ever personally saw. I might of seen a screenshot of another one from a diff shard. But that thing was insane uber rare.
I know Treyster owned one at one point, possibly still has it, I'm not sure where he acquired it from though.

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my favorite would have to be the hollowed branch, what i really want to get is the tile that shoots fire....

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not really much of a "rare" collector, more a collector of all sorts of odd things. However - once upon a time I bought something from a vendor. I remember there were quite a few of them around. Cost me the gazillion amount of 1 Mil which I had saved up for months and months.

That item holds a special place in my heart. It`s an open book:)

What I would really like to own? A marble table - hands down. But it has always been out of my reach, and these days lightyears away. Still - the hope is there.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know Treyster owned one at one point, possibly still has it, I'm not sure where he acquired it from though.
I know where it spawns! WOOHOO. (not that it means much now)

*prays for another shard to launch*

A

ambernectar

easily the most expensive would be

Butcher of Jhelom
A Shirt Made Of Terathan Silk
Corrupted Heart Sheild
The Protector Shield

pvp items are always godly in terms of cost

A

ambernectar

you left out the glorious lady shroud.
tis nice but with imbuing resists are now easier to come by and some of the new robes offer more appealing mods

but yes i remember when athena on EU had it :)

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just have to remind everyone of who is asking the questions here. In which case I would point you to the pvp forum where the OP gladly relinquishes owners of their precious goods. So, before you decide to divulge your own personal favorites...keep in mind that there could be other motives involved. Not saying there is, but it is always better to be safe than sorry.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Trammel moon stones... They are getting rarer by the day.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I always get a little tickle when I find Trammel moonstones, Kelmo, and over the years have accumulated quite a few... they're great deco, too

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not so much a collector, but I have a few rares tucked away. My favorite is my bottle of SCT wine on Atlantic, which I received from the original owner of the SCT sometime in 2002.

As far as most coveted, I've always had an eye for "an ancient robe", which can be seen here.

Its an item I saw a long, long time ago when I was a newbie and I've wanted one ever since.

Peil

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course, my most favorite rare is "Queen of Thieves" ring.
It is good for my thief :)

And I'm willing to "Knitting" (server birth rare) for several years.

When my wife (she is not play UO) saw the picture of knittings on a web site,
she said "wow, this is so cute!".

So I want to say to her "Hey, I got a knitting!" some day lol

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And what's better than actually COLLECTING your actual favorite. I have the Marble Table, an old Brazier and a Spittoon that I personally picked up.

One odd rare that I found way back when the Abyss Shard launched (capture the flag anyone?) was 'a gold belt' which has the same graphic as a slippery snake skin. I know nothing else about it, non-equipable, but relatively cool I must say.

Maybe if a Classic Shard opens up again i'll go to the spot and see if it is there. = )
i know exactly where it spawned too :) its still there actually u just cant pick it up.... that was never something i cared much about though, bloody water was something i always wanted along with horse dung, but that got a lot cheaper when doom came out and i eventually bought the true rare one, knitting would be a nice addition as well, almost never see that

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My favorite item is my Rotting Minotour Skull. i love the color and i just get that fluffy feeling when i look at it lol. i also really like my collection of HTML bracelets although im not sure those are considered rare.
The item i would really like to have is a Hallow Branch or a Sharpend stick. I almost had a Hallow branch at the rares fest on Pacific but someone offerd the Seller RL money for it and i prob would not have turned down that offer either :(
i think i bought that hallowed branch at the pacs rare fest, i had a bunch of extra gold there when it ended so i made a post on stratics does anyone have any other rares for sale, i need to spend gold on something, and the guy with hallow branch icqed me and i think i paid about 300 mil for it, its a quarter staff that makes a flute noise when double clicked and i was told its 1 of 4 in existance

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course, my most favorite rare is "Queen of Thieves" ring.
It is good for my thief :)

And I'm willing to "Knitting" (server birth rare) for several years.

When my wife (she is not play UO) saw the picture of knittings on a web site,
she said "wow, this is so cute!".

So I want to say to her "Hey, I got a knitting!" some day lol
Have you been lucky enough to get "I Stole this Shield" yet? I know someone on Atlantic that has one, as I wanted to get "I Stole this Necklace." He refused to sell for about a year and a half, and after I offered a ridiculous price, he finally sold it. May have some luck. He typically uses a disguise kit around Luna bank.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you been lucky enough to get "I Stole this Shield" yet? I know someone on Atlantic that has one, as I wanted to get "I Stole this Necklace." He refused to sell for about a year and a half, and after I offered a ridiculous price, he finally sold it. May have some luck. He typically uses a disguise kit around Luna bank.
Everytime I hear someone talking about "I stole ...." type of items it reminds me back then of turning in over 200 "I stole ..." items for the Cebo Shroud lol. So for that reason alone, Cebo shroud will always be on my list of favorites.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everytime I hear someone talking about "I stole ...." type of items it reminds me back then of turning in over 200 "I stole ..." items for the Cebo Shroud lol. So for that reason alone, Cebo shroud will always be on my list of favorites.
LOL -- similar to how it took me so long to get Oblivion's Needle....although Cebo Shroud is far more amazing. Just cool to have a wearable item in game that has your name on it.

For those who haven't seen the glory of either "the" Cebo Shroud or Manticore's museum, take a sneak peak here:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=188611

Snow78

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being New to the whole rares collecting thing. Ill have to say my two favorite items are my Blue horse and my 2 story talking statue. They are the world to me. :D

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine would have to be the shadow artillery, first rare i ever saw (apart from GL shroud of champion but wasnt as appeling), second to that "Cebo shroud" mwhaha its so hot! More recently butchery of thelom, but its a bit obselite now with imbuing.

The other one i saw a noob was an IBD (i can bless absoluty anything woohoo!! first person i met ever on UO blessed his pet ball lol, just loved that idea!!)

Thunderz

A

ambernectar

Mine would have to be the shadow artillery, first rare i ever saw (apart from GL shroud of champion but wasnt as appeling), second to that "Cebo shroud" mwhaha its so hot! More recently butchery of thelom, but its a bit obselite now with imbuing.

The other one i saw a noob was an IBD (i can bless absoluty anything woohoo!! first person i met ever on UO blessed his pet ball lol, just loved that idea!!)

Thunderz
hehe I did that too :p

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe I did that too :p

Is there a way to reuse your personal bless deed from one object to another. If so what is the way to do it? Thank you I used mine on a weapon that I am no longer equipping due to imbuing.

A

ambernectar

Is there a way to reuse your personal bless deed from one object to another. If so what is the way to do it? Thank you I used mine on a weapon that I am no longer equipping due to imbuing.
the above picture was using an IBM not a PBD, but yes you can, get the item in your backpack and right click it, then just hit unbless item and voila you get your pbd back :)

S

Smokey of LS

my favorite item that i have is my talkin two story statue, ive had that for a long time and will prob never sell it. i always wanted like the two piece scaffold or plough. ohhh and nother great one i always wanted was the circle tarot!

Y

Yen Sid

My favorite item in my possession would have to be Selago's Tunic. It was the first (and last atm) unique item I ever looted from an event and I'm not sure that I would ever sell it.

I will have to think about what I want the most, there are a lot of great things out there.

W

weezer

I have a tie between my two favorite items:

In Commeneration of Thos Who Haved Passed On (white Lanttern)
and part of a red sandstone the em didn't lock down at christmas time.

The item i would empty my bank to own and always wanted (never seen one for sale):

Bronze Clockwork chicken.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would have to be my blessed wedding ring I recieved from a good friend back on feb of 2001. We were role playing and had a huge guild at the time and her rl boyfriend gave her away at the wedding. Sadly she had past away a few years after that event. All the other rares are just pixels in comparison tbh.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thread has been cleaned up a bit. Spankings will be given to those deserving of them tomorrow morning after I get review the removed threads with caffeine in my system. In the meantime, keep this thread on topic. If you have any problems with my actions, you may PM me directly or an speak to an admin. Please do not discuss any moderator action on the forum.

RC has a valid point. OhmyGed, you are a well known and self-professed user of the thief template. RC's words should stand as a warning for everyone to use precaution no matter who you are dealing with. Always use detect hidden before locking or unlocking items from your house, never hand an item over to someone to look at, always make sure your items is insured especially if you are in a guild and make sure you always do a background check before you engage in any situation involving trust.

I'd like to say thank you to everyone else whose posts weren't removed for keeping this thread on topic. It will stay unlocked for now as folks seem to be enjoying it. Carry on!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

I always get a little tickle when I find Trammel moonstones, Kelmo, and over the years have accumulated quite a few... they're great deco, too

They are really fun to find on Siege...

L

Lunaticus

I've always wanted to be an uber, rare collector, but I've never been able to acquire enough gold to really get into it. Of the few (very few) kinda rares I have, I think my "no draw" tile that's stuck in a pack would probably be my most interesting. Of the things I would love having, the sheet and knitting. . . Oh yes, knitting. . . *sighs wistfully* rolleyes:

EricVT

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as most coveted, I've always had an eye for "an ancient robe", which can be seen here.

Its an item I saw a long, long time ago when I was a newbie and I've wanted one ever since.
Didn't know any of this item was still around.

I owned one back in the day but sold it with an early account.

For me? "ruby ring", a very very old ring on Atlantic that showed bright red both on the character and on the paper doll

FisherNap

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think my favorite items from my old collection were empty and full vials, I had at least 2 sets of them but I always managed to sell or trade them for something more unique eventually, and fortunately I did not own any when they became craftable. Other than that, probably the 'Giant Black Pearl' or 'Snow Pile Deed' that I once had.

I always coveted the big rares like the 2-piece plough, 2-piece scaffolding, covered chair, and marble tables, and though I had a few opportunities to buy them I chose instead to have many little rares rather than one 'big one'

Wyatt of Catskills, retired

F

Fraggles

i now have a new favorite item A fine Sewn Wedding Dress :O

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fav item: Isisthis' Breastplate. Was a neon green dragon scale tunic that I saw at a museum many years ago I believe on Europa. Ever since, ive been looking for it, although I have neither the money nor the resources to even try to obtain it, like a Ferrari, I still like to look! (actually a Ferrari is probably more obtainable for me than that piece of pixel crack...haha)