• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mortal Change?

W

Wolf04

In the past week or so, some of my guild mates and I have noticed a significant change to mortal strike. The attack seems to last for much less time than it used to, essentially making the special move much less useful. We all tried it multiple times, and it appears to be lasting 3 seconds instead of the published 6 seconds. I have not been able to find anything on the boards here mentioning nor have I found it in any publish notes. Was this an intended change?

W

Wolf04

Thank you for your response. I am aware of the fact that it now appears to be 3 seconds against another player. It was not 3 seconds against other players before. I know that stratics and the playguide tend to be out of date at times, but I have not been able to find any publish notes or other updates to suggest that the published values of 6 seconds against players and 12 against monsters has changed. That and this seems to have been something that was implemented in the past couple weeks. Granted, it is certainly possible that I have missed an update somewhere (as well as the other people I've discussed this with). If someone could provide a link if that is the case, I would greatly appreciate it :)

Here is the stratics link to the information on special moves: http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/specialmoves.php

H

Hanna

Glad they changed it, it always lasted way too long, was much too overpowered in that respect.

M

Masumatek

Hrmm...well if that's the case I'm not so sure it's even worth using anymore, especially if using a crossbow. Btw, mortal can be removed by remove curse items and the remove curse ability and can be healed through multiple ways.

B

Bannon

I think mortal was a bit overpowered before, but they need to find some middle ground here I think. 3 seconds isn't long enough to warrant it's use when bleed does the job more efficinently in terms of duration, effect, and the fact it takes one of two things to cure it... a bandaid or just wait for the timer to run out.

On a related note, if they don't adjust this quickly, I may have some top quality scepters for sale in the near future.

A

AZ-

3 seconds is more than enough to swing again or cast an FS EO combo. It's ridiculous in team PvP as it is.

F

Fayled Dhreams

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Perhaps they scaled it to something like skill????

Please click the egg/hatchling and help my dragons grow.

W

Wolf04

http://guide.uo.com/combat_8.html is another listing of Duration: 6 seconds (player), 12 seconds (NPC)

Still unable to find a "change note" .... maybe lost in the Stratics crash? a Dev mention is what you're after ... yes?
Yes, a Dev mention is exactly what I'm looking for. I'd just like a confirmation of the details of the change. I generally accept changes such as this one with minimal moaning and groaning, and then adjust. It's easier to do so with information pertaining to said change at least right after the change is made or preferably beforehand. And you're right, maybe it did get lost in some shuffle somewhere, though I did check the official UO site for any recent information on changes.

I find it very interesting when a simple request for information brings about comments that state how necessarily the change was, how overpowered something is, or how easy it should be to adjust. I do greatly appreciate all of the people in these forums who will answer questions without any sort of judgments or comments that are otherwise unhelpful or unrelated to the original post. To each his or her own, I suppose; everyone is allowed their opinions and their right (within reason) to free speech.

I'll get off my soapbox now. I rarely post on the forums anyway, but we were stumped enough on this change to prompt me to register and post to try to get an answer.