• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Mortal/Blood Oath (apple timer)

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Everything seems good, and the 30s apple timer seems great for necros (much needed)

However, i am finding myself increasingly disliking the chain blood oath, if i had to i could live with it, just seeing it abused.

HOWEVER! I am seeing mortal being abused waaaayyy more than that. Especially with the fact that throwers hit as often as they do (stupid 50hci), you can find yourself mortalled and never coming out of mortal. I'm not sure if mortal needs a timer like para blow, if there needs to be a consumable to remove it more often, or if throwers just need toned down.

With throwers, i don't think there should be an overcap to 50hci. Give free 5hci, thats a nice bonus it and of itself, but overcapping to 50 is kind of rediculous.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Throwers-

Yeah, i've always found throwers to be pretty tough. They can sometimes chain hit you for 3 or more times in a row and pretty fast. Compare them to a pure archer and it makes archers look like wimps, unless its like a fencer/archer or something. I'd say throwers are much harder then an archer though just because they throw so fast and seem like they hit a lot more. I use 120 parrying on my character with 94 dex blessed and 70 DCI. Believe it or not I can STILL get hit 3 times in a row by a thrower. It is quite ridiculous tbh.

Blood Oath-

I also think there should be maybe a cool down after you use blood oath, maybe make it 30 seconds or something. I would suggest the same thing for strangle to make it have some kind of cooldown but blood oath seems to cast much quicker. What I find extremely annoying is when a necro will dismount you, SPAM Blood Oath and pop into Wraith form. Right now undead slayers are supposed to work vs necros in Wraith form but Spellbooks DO NOT, I have tested it and undead slayer spellbooks do not do anymore damage to them in Wraith form. So I just end up running off, better that then stay and look like a fool while he drain all my mana and kill me cause I can't regenerate anything.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMO Curse needs a shorter duration now. You're cursed way longer now since the apple timer's doubled. On top of it you're getting dumped on for more damage then anyone's ever been able do dish out before. I'd say drop the duration to 60-75 seconds.

Look at corpse skins duration compared to curse's duration... it's a joke.

V

Vittorio Di Riniari

Rise from your grave, that I may purge your ignorance.

You boys might be taken more seriously if you learn the difference between two simple words like then and than. 'Then' typically refers to time: "First I'll correct your grammar, then I'll correct your math." 'Than' is used for comparisons: "I'd say throwers are much harder than archers" or "you have worse grammar than a sixth-grader!"

Also, you seem a bit confused about what an extra 5% of HCI means in math terms, so let's get educated, shall we? Suppose two characters have max skill. The attacker has 50% HCI, the defender has 45% DCI.

120 * 1.50 HCI = 180
120 * 1.45 DCI = 174

180 / 174 = 1.034, which essentially means the gargoyle will land a hit that would have otherwise missed every one in THIRTY THREE attempts. In other words, the attacker will have about a 51.7% chance to hit the target, as opposed to the normal 50%. WOW, what a huge advantage!

I hope this has been enlightening.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You boys might be taken more seriously if you learn the difference between two simple words like then and than. 'Then' typically refers to time: "First I'll correct your grammar, then I'll correct your math." 'Than' is used for comparisons: "I'd say throwers are much harder than archers" or "you have worse grammar than a sixth-grader!"

Also, you seem a bit confused about what an extra 5% of HCI means in math terms, so let's get educated, shall we? Suppose two characters have max skill. The attacker has 50% HCI, the defender has 45% DCI.

120 * 1.50 HCI = 180
120 * 1.45 DCI = 174

180 / 174 = 1.034, which essentially means the gargoyle will land a hit that would have otherwise missed every one in THIRTY THREE attempts. In other words, the attacker will have about a 51.7% chance to hit the target, as opposed to the normal 50%. WOW, what a huge advantage!

You're super cool.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

120 * 1.50 HCI = 180
120 * 1.45 DCI = 174

While ur doing the math, i'll be abusing the extra 1.034.

Thanks.

T

Tinsil

Fully agree on lowering how long curse lasts to 30-45s. Ridiculous times now.

Mortal is powerful, but I don't think it's so overly powerful for non-mages that it needs nerfed. Strangle powerful as well, but same thing, don't think it needs nerfed.

Lastly, blood oath spam is very lame, always has been. It's just more lame now because necros actually have other things to use too on top of this.. But still don't think any nerfs are needed here really, maybe a slight reduction in duration so it requires more timing.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Increase timer to 30s = cool
Decrease effectiveness for multiple curses and chance to fail apples = cool

increased timer + decreased effectiveness = not cool