• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

more questions

R

r8527

i was talking to some1 and they said that it would be 'wise' to start a trader to ither make my gear or "re spec" later into commando or bounty hunter, wat does 're spec'ing mean and how do i do it, or how do i trade items for my trader to my commando?

thnks for any replys ^^

B

BadgerSmaker

"Respec'ing" is the process of respicifing your character to another profession, here's a guide on the process: Respec NPC

Having an alt that is a trader can be very handy.

C

ClanBeviin2

Yeah, it's nice to have a trader alt. You can make your gear. Bounty hunters work well with an engineer alt for their droids; commandos work well with a munitions alt for their guns. Both work well with munitions if you want to make your own armor.

The other nice thing about a trader alt is the vendors. You can sell all the loot you don't want.

C

ClanBeviin2

Well, you need to place vendors in a structure, so you can have both toons as administrators of your structure. Toon #1 drops something in the house and Toon #2 picks it up.

Or, what I frequently do in order to keep my structure inventory from getting too high, Toon #1 offers stuff on the vendor for 1 cr and Toon #2 accepts the offers for 1 cr.

It's also a handy way to transfer money without the fees of tipping via bank. Sell something worthless, like an impulse detector or something for the credits you want to transfer, then have the other toon buy it for those credits. The money gets transferred into their bank without any fees.