• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Moonstones

L

linko50

Why was the code turned off for the moonstones? that was a usefull thing to have, to be able to plant it and pop to the other facet at the same spot....

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I suspect it was to do with raiding champion spawns.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think, that was fear about people using the stones to visit spots which they could not visit by other means (i.e. Khaldun in Trammel, or leaving Felucca Dungeons the short way).
But even if - the problem would have been solved by time, since no new moonstones are spawning. Instead they are now a rather useless, not even stackable click rare.
*Salute*
Olahorand

C

Coppelia

There's a code to forbid runes to be marked where you shouldn't be able to recall in. Why couldn't it be applied to moonstones?

L

love2winalot

I agree. Make them usefull again, or make them a turn in item.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if i remember correctly moonstones only worked outside and not in gaurd zones, so this means you couldnt use them to go to places you cant recall in anyway.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MOONSTONES WERE A GREAT TOOL !!! shame on ya devs......

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why was the code turned off for the moonstones? that was a usefull thing to have, to be able to plant it and pop to the other facet at the same spot....
People could get to areas they weren't supposed to be able to.
Not just no-recall zones, but areas that you could only get to on one facet because of an EM/Seer event.

L

Lord Kynd

i thought it had something to do with people using them to get into places such as houses they should be able to , such as castles .

L

linko50

Either way, why not fix the problem, instead of completely turning them off, i dont want to seem harsh, but that seems like the lazy way out for some one

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have to agree, I've always wished for Moonstones, they just made sense. Especially when you are a Fel player, but you know that area a is being held by Reds and you need to get to b but you need to go through. And since sometimes I actually don't want to PvP, it'd be nice to have the option. I still need to cross the land anyway, why should it matter which Facet I'm on?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Either way, why not fix the problem, instead of completely turning them off, i dont want to seem harsh, but that seems like the lazy way out for some one
Because each individual problem spot would need to be found and fixed individually (except for no-recall zones and going directly into houses; those could be fixed more globally), and any future map changes would need to factor in moonstones - it would be a very time consuming process, and minimal benefit to players since recalling between facets works just fine and the world isn't so big as to make it difficult to just walk anywhere.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Moonstones were used in several exploits, including house break-ins. Turning them back on would have a no discernible benefit and open a barrel of worms.

L

Lord Drakelord

I still have several moonstones, hung on to them in hope that someday they would bring this back, or do a turn in. Another turn in I like to see is Book of Truth, I still have several books and no where to put them except storage.

And good gads, color eggs from V bunnies, we need to be able to turn them in as well!

L

linko50

then why not do like they did with magic reflect spell and give them another use, instead of making them a waste.....

E

Electrolyte

I think it would be cool if moonstones could open up a gate that was tied into the regular moongate network... bring up the same gump that you get when you step into one of the permanent moongates... of course your temp gate would eventually go away... anyone else think this would be cool?

L

linko50

amazing how the devs never respond to questions concerning decisions to dump certain aspects of the game, or completely re-configure them like they did with pub-16.... who did they even talk with about that one? were they sitting in a bar, drunk off their ass playing D&D "fun game" and decide we too needed 10,000 armor classes, and some way to keep our armor even through death, and taht thieves should not really be thieves anymore, but scavengers...
lol, how many numbers are on your dice?