• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MoonGlow Under Fire

L

Lady Kiara

I would like to start this thread as a freindly thread to just post on how you are fighting in MoonGlow. what Char you are using, What you find is the best way to travel in the abiss and Live mostly to enjoy the battle.

I would love to hear from all....Fighters,Mages,Tamers...ect

Do you solo the event or do you find it easier to travel in groups.

G

Solo stealther. I've picked up more of the event items just following the Berserkers,
along with way too many chests.

G

I have been using a Tamer t hunter to pick the locks on the chests and because of the Super dragon it has.

G

a Ninjitsu Stealth mage rules this event...no need to kill anything

have br in ya backpack incase a etheral lors soawns infront of u..simply be one of the first 3 to cast armagedon to get a cloak guaranteed!!

work the beserkers to kil the spawn using mirror and simply colect the evetn items left in the corpses killed by the beserkers!! how easy do u want it??

G

I use my sampire.

Sometimes I'll run him in wraith form just to mix it up, but I like my mount in case something goes wrong.

I can solo whatever, but I try to avoid the fetid essences cuz, for me atleast, they take too long and don't give me anything. And then obviously if I find an etheral shadowlord I cast armegeddon and collect my cloak.

I'm having a fun time with it all.

I

imported_Prince Erik

I've used so far a peace tamer with a fully trained super dragon, a stealth mage weaver and a vamp sammy macer.

I get the most stuff with the sammy but I've been playing my stealther since he's more fun.

-P.E.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

I use any of my chars really... except my mules of course but, my favorite (or most effective) to use for this event is my char BlacK RaiN

120macing
100tactics
100anat
100healing
100chivalry
100focus
100resist

120hp 50mana 140stamina

suit is:

70/70/70/70/70
4 fast cast
5 fast cast recovery
43% Hit Chance Increase
45% Defense Chance Increase
39% Lower Mana Cost
5 Mana Regen
45% Damage Increase

On top of that... I'm either using Pixie Swatter or UBWS Demon Slayer Warfork.

This char cuts through the hordes in moonglow like butter!

I solo everything except the demon bezerkers (and even then I can solo them but, it's a lot of running around/healing)

I

imported_Lady Narsil

I am using my Spellweaving Mage and my swords/chiv dexer. I will fight solo or with a group.

C

Connor_Graham

"be one of the first 3 to cast armagedon to get a cloak guaranteed"

Wrong.

C

Connor_Graham

I use my Stealth SW/Mage early in the mornings, then switch to my Chiv/Bush Archer once people start showing up. I found that I can collect more with my archer than my mage when there are more people around because the Berserkers all get killed off. Of course, I'm one of the ones that's out looking for them and killing them....

L

Lady Kiara

<blockquote><hr>

work the beserkers to kil the spawn using mirror and simply colect the evetn items left in the corpses killed by the beserkers!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok you'll have to excuse me on this one but the beserkers are they part of the spawns or something we use?? (working sure makes you miss alot
)

thanks

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont even need magery to cast Armageddon in the rift.. outside is another story.

Been runnin around with my thief.

Elf 100str/50dex/80mana (base)

90/120 Stealing (120 w/ dancers, and bandana)
90/120 Stealth (120 w/ dancers, and bandana)
90 Snoop (100 w/ bandana)
100 Hiding
100 Pick
100 Detect
100 Disarm
50 Ninjitsu (90 w/ ring &amp; brace combo, 10 from Hanzo's Bow) for wolf form

G

Ok you'll have to excuse me on htis one but the beserkers are they part of the spawns or something we use?? (working sure makes you miss alot )

thanks

lol.. just let the bersekers kill all the other monster spawn and rob there fallen corpses of the booty!!! ..it aint rocket science sweety!!

E

eolsunder1

Beserkers attack everything around them, even the other monster spawn. So stealthers follow them around, and loot the other monster bodies after a while.

Yea the blackrock sucks in this event, its a good way to get rid of alot of it ingame, but basically unless you have some blackrock, you aren't getting a cloak off those shadowlords.

Why? Cause you do 10-20 damage a hit, someone runs up with blackrock.. bam 1/3 off the monsters life. Which do you think gets main damage rights. Thats right, the blackrock user.

G

simply using the berserkers is to slow for me.

I run a swords paladin. I carry a soulseeker for shadowlords a pixie swatter for fallen warriors and a mystic cleaver for berzerkers. I also carry blackrock and have Armageddon ready.

I kill everything as fast as I can and loot like crazy checking every corpse I see rather than just what I kill.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hubby and I both use our pally archers, with darkwood armor,, we vary on jewels and weapons but even out to be very similar results. We've gotten plenty of items from this event, cloaks too, Heck I even got a cloak without the use of Armageddon, surprised me too.

Both have same skill set:

Archery 115
Tact and Anat 110
Resist 104.5
Healing 100.5
Focus 100
Chiv 80

We can work alone or with a group, We can take a fallen alone, with a bit of short runs and heals. Wisps are nothing. Fettids are doable with orange petals. and a bit of run. No We don't try to solo the SLs or DBs. I'd be afraid to honestly lol. I don't take my tamer, since her dragon isn't well trained.
And for some reaosn poor Oriana my mage doesn't stay alive well there lol.

J

jelake

Depends on how I feel. Sometimes I use my archer with his Fairie Fire and pling whatever.

Most of the time, I use my stealth mage and go wisp-cleansing and/or scavenging; though the latter doesn't seem to be as lucrative as it was early in the event. People are starting to take the gold from their kills.

Since I don't usually target Fallen Warriors, most of the planar items I get are off corpses where the loot rights are split between 2 and the one guy never bothers to check the corpse.

U

_Uriah Heep_

Okay the blackrock and damage/looting rights on shadowlords, I don't understand. One spawned right next to me, I had a large piece of BR in my main pack, and armageddon macroed. Pressed the macro key, boom!!! BR disappears, SL health bar drops almost half...then everyone else saw it and ran up and started hitting it. My archer kept on plugging away at it as well, but, when it was finally killed, and me having cast armageddon and all, I didn't even have looting rights??

weird...no idea how that happened, or why

C

Connor_Graham

I had the same thing happen to me early this morning. First one to hit it, plinked away at it until it was dead, then no cloak and no looting rights.

I think the moths must be getting to the Shadowlords' cloaks, because they sure seem buggy all of a sudden....

U

_Uriah Heep_

heheh
well I'm not necessarily pancakes about no cloak, I collect things, but I doubt I would ever have a use for a cloak that drains life out of me...
Just with a finite supply of BR, peeps should be aware that using it up is NOT a guarantee of a cloak

G

<blockquote><hr>

simply using the berserkers is to slow for me.

I run a swords paladin. I carry a soulseeker for shadowlords a pixie swatter for fallen warriors and a mystic cleaver for berzerkers. I also carry blackrock and have Armageddon ready.

I kill everything as fast as I can and loot like crazy checking every corpse I see rather than just what I kill.

[/ QUOTE ]

It must be nice to go down into there, armed to the teeth, and not have to worry about loosing anything. God, I'm glad I don't play a production shard.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

I've been in there on pretty much every template apart from a vampire/samurai (though I would have been in there on that too if I had one built atm).

Strangley I have a fairly weak suited 7xgm necro mage on a new shard whos consistantly getting cloaks even after three or sometimes more people have used armageddon.

For moving around I have anyone who melees on a paroxysmus' dragon for the damage reduction, my necro mage who goes in wraith when the SL's are up has a live mount with him &amp; my tamer has ninjitsu for running away.

G

From the other posts about Cloaks, I'm beginning to thing that the reason they
stopped being given out for that short period, is because they tweaked the code
a bit on who gets them for damage done.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

Idk, I've been getting them without using blackrock both before and after fairly easy.

5% Luck

Ive been running my pally tamer

110 taming
115 lore
115 vet
120 macing
110 tacitcs
70 chivalrey
35 necro
45 focus

130 hp
160 stm
50 mana

Been using a 55 ml 50 lighting 45 HLD golden ruby mace and mace and sheild glasses(always a hit) a jakals and noble gloves 70/70/66/70/75(in vamp)

The vamp form wasnt a part of my template till I ran into the fetted essence. As tamer with a super at this event and the hoards of lured essences that seem to stick to me like a magnet I had to find a way of staying alive with that area effect and poison on me. This was the answer and now I do realy well! 12 coaks 4 with no BR used!

E

eolsunder1

Yea I am just using my macer samurai now, i was using my archer, but decided to switch over.

Pixie swatter for wisps and warriors, its my main weapon. I try and stay away from the essences because 1, they take too long to kill and 2, they don't give much. A waste of energy.

I have a basic 2 handed weapon to use on the essences if i need to clear room, and use a mystic macing weapon on the beserkers.

Pretty much can solo everything except the shadowlords. Beserkers are pretty easy since they don't have distance attacks or spells. THey do a good 65ish damage through my suit, so have to use hit and run tactics healing between hits, but with my 120/120 bushido/parry and weapon, hitting evade usually lets me knock them down very easy, especially if i can honor them before hand.

I can do 3 damage showing with hits through their shields. If i get to honor them first, my showing damage can raise to 6-7. They go down pretty easy. Hit until I get hit, run back, heal, then reattack.

L

Lady Kiara

i have done most of my fighting with my great dragon he seems to fair well i havn't faught the lords yet so i'm looking for one now lol...(gulp) still never found anything worth keeping