• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MOONGLOW ROYAL BRITANNIA ZOO

L

Lady Vivian

Since I transferred to Origin, I have been working on getting the Zoo fully stocked. You may have seen me on one or two of my characters. They are BlueBelle, Margo, Tiger, Lilly and Opal. Margo is the Tamer and the others donate gold as they earn it. The Zoo is now up to Level 5. We have a Crane, several varieties of Wolves, Polar Bears, Swamp Creatures, and a Wyvern.

I would like to encourage all Tamer, regardless of skill level to donate their tamed animals to the Zoo. If you are not a Tamer, how about donating a bit of gold from each hunt.

Lets give Origin something to be proud of and earn points for yourself at the same time. You could end up with a nice title for your character or even some decent armor.

F

Frey Wavestrider

Glad to see someone else donating. I tame kirins for gains and donate them. The Zoo has been neglected a lot, but occasionally there is a bump and it goes up a level or two. Hopefully people will take you up on the challenge

C

Crystal Canyon

First of all, welcome to Origin, Lady Vivian.

I think working on the zoo is a splendid idea. We have surely been guilty of neglecting it.

I will do what I can to help and will try to pass the word in game and to guildmates about your plans to restock our zoo.

Another thought, is for someone to talk with the person that has been spamming rides for sale at the bank. At the moment, I can't remember her name, but she tames various rideables and is usually set up selling them inside the bank or right outside near the stables. Im not sure, but she appears to be a new tamer and its possible shes not aware of the rewards of turning those pets into the zoo.

If anyone sees this person, you might talk with her and let her know of Lady Vivians idea.

F

Flora Green

Vivian,

I'll add some unicorns soon, despite my hatred of taming. :)

I'll also ICQ you this evening to arrange pickup of your seeds. The last bunch was lost when I got killed and was unable to retrieve my corpse. So I had to regather them for you.

L

Lady Vivian

Frey Wavestridder thanks for helping the Zoo, devoted patrons are a great asset.

Crystal, thank you for your offer to pass the word around about donating to the Zoo. I will look for the tamer you referred to. Thanks for the info.

Flora appreciate your offer of unicorns. They will help a lot. As for the seeds, whenever you can will be just great.

This is a great start! Please everyone, continue to encourage your friends and guildies to participate in donating. :love:

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Theres a ZOO, lol, i may pop a few kyrin, in i need a few more talking statues!!

Frey Wavestridder thanks for helping the Zoo, devoted patrons are a great asset.

Crystal, thank you for your offer to pass the word around about donating to the Zoo. I will look for the tamer you referred to. Thanks for the info.

Flora appreciate your offer of unicorns. They will help a lot. As for the seeds, whenever you can will be just great.

This is a great start! Please everyone, continue to encourage your friends and guildies to participate in donating. :love:

L

Lady Vivian

I saw some people donating at the Zoo today for which I thank you very much. It is nice to see interest picking up.

Our Zoo is now at Level 6 and a Drake and a Dragon have been added to the collection.

Non tamers please don't forget about the Zoo as it takes gold to maintain what the other players have achieved. You all are making a great start toward having a showcase Zoo. Thanks for you effort. :love:

M

Michael Wolf

We filled it once, a few years ago I believe, but that was before changes in the decay rate and we couldn't keep it full no matter how hard we tried. It took a conscious effort of the whole shard for about 2-3 weeks or so from what I remember, and a huge auction to get it filled. The money from the auction took it up the last few levels in one shot.

I log on with my tamer usually once a week and tame enough Uni's to get .2 points taming, that's usually about 60-80 uni's. One of the few things I still do on a regular basis. I have noticed a definite rise in the Zoo points over the lasts few months, gradual but persistent. Since they've balanced it a bit maybe we finally have enough tamers to maintain it. I'll keep supplying the Zoo Keeper with fresh unicorns once a week.

Anarion Sergon is my tamer, see you in Moonglow.

L

Lady Vivian

Just had a look at the Zoo Donation Box this afternoon. Since last night over 58,000 points have been donated. People on the shard are starting to pull together for a common cause. YEA!!!
Keep up the good work Origin!:hug::love::hug:

M

Michael Wolf

I was chatting with Lady Vivian today at the zoo and I mentioned that I probably still had some old photos of when we filled the zoo. She asked if I'd post them for incentive. So I dug through some old chests of photos and I came across these. You too can experience the sight of one of these great wonders of our world. No photo can truly due this great beast justice. Oh and they no longer spawn in the wild, this is the only creature of all Britannia which can only be found in the Zoo.

That's Cassie Darksong and Sarah Lightforge along with myself and the Silver Steed right after we finished the auction and filled the zoo.

And this is a very pleasant Zoo donation statistic to read as well, note the "Points Until Next Tier"

Those were from 8/6/06 so I was right about a little over 2 years ago.

Good Luck Origin,
MW

L

Lady Vivian

Michael, thank you so much for posting these pictures of the Zoo. They are a treasured part of our Zoo's history. With the help of the entire shard this can again be possible. I know we can do it! Come on all of you pitch in and bring our Zoo's history full circle. Lets again have a magnificent Silver Steed for Origin.:)

L

Lady Vivian

When I went to bed last night the Zoo was at level 6 more than half way to level 7 and I thought to myself what wonderful people we have here on Origin to pitch in and help repopulate the Zoo. Little did I know how fantastic the players here really are! This morning I checked the Zoo donation box and the first thing that my wondering eyes beheld was "LEVEL 8". More than half way toward Level 9. The Zoo now has the Changeling and the Reptalon! Many thanks to all who have donated. It just goes to show there is power in numbers and even if the numbers are small we still have as much community spirit as the larger shards - maybe even more for we have to meet the same requirements as the larger shards in order to fill our Zoo.

L

Lady Vivian

I'd consider doing an auction once more for the zoo if people were interested.
CassieDarksong, thank you so much for your offer. This would be a wonderful way for players to enjoy an "event and obtain nice items for their characters" while at the same time providing funds for the Zoo. :love:

M

Michael Wolf

When I went to bed last night the Zoo was at level 6 more than half way to level 7 and I thought to myself what wonderful people we have here on Origin to pitch in and help repopulate the Zoo. Little did I know how fantastic the players here really are! This morning I checked the Zoo donation box and the first thing that my wondering eyes beheld was "LEVEL 8". More than half way toward Level 9. The Zoo now has the Changeling and the Reptalon! Many thanks to all who have donated. It just goes to show there is power in numbers and even if the numbers are small we still have as much community spirit as the larger shards - maybe even more for we have to meet the same requirements as the larger shards in order to fill our Zoo.
You must sleep early... Around dinner time last night a large group was hanging around the Zoo, suddenly the level went from almost 7 to about 32k points short of level 8 in one shot. Someone must have dumped a large amount of gold in there. It was about 25k sort of 8 when I went to eat. When I got back it was at level 8 and I stuck another 7-8 k in it to make sure it lasted through the nightly maintenance.

Three to go folks...

Good luck,
MW

D

Dhara

I've gotta a new tamer I've been meaning to pick up on. I'll try to log some skill points and donations this weekend.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ooops is at level nine now!!!!!!!!

just a little bit to go!!!!!!!!!

You must sleep early... Around dinner time last night a large group was hanging around the Zoo, suddenly the level went from almost 7 to about 32k points short of level 8 in one shot. Someone must have dumped a large amount of gold in there. It was about 25k sort of 8 when I went to eat. When I got back it was at level 8 and I stuck another 7-8 k in it to make sure it lasted through the nightly maintenance.

Three to go folks...

Good luck,
MW

L

Lady Vivian

The Zoo is now at Level 10. One more level and we will receive the fabled Silver Steed to live in our Zoo along with all our other new "pets".

Below are a few pictures showing some of our new friends and they are waiting for you to come and visit but please - "don't feed the animals". I am sure your families would like you to return to them in one piece. :D
Besides these we also have a swamp full of marsh type beasts and an area that has a changeling.

Attachments

C

Crystal Canyon

Very nice pics, Lady Vivian!

Your doing a great job of rounding up players to help get the zoo stocked. Keep up the good work and Ill hope to see the steed in a couple of days!;)

L

Lady Vivian

OhooOoo Players!

You are soooo CLOSE

Just 386,734 points needed to bring the Silver Steed to our Zoo. We've come this far. We can do it, I just know we can. :):love::)

L

Lady Vivian

Even closer still: 224,466 points away from the Silver Steed!!!

:cheerleader::danceb::danceb::cheerleader: