• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

moongates out of order

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
so i went to skara gate and the gate is a diff color and says out of order is this april fools or to do with event? or both

G

It's UO's annual Walk Everywhere Day. Some big wig (no doubt in a wig) decreed that we were all too lazy and closed the moongates.

That or the people behind Terminal 5 in Heathrow have just moved into moongate travel...

Wenchy

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So you guys gotta walk or recall..BOOHOO ....man....just do away with the moongates all together and make people walk again..maybe the lands will be more active that way...I swear you people....

*kicks the moongate and runs off*

G

you do realize that brand new or returning players have not choice but to use the moongates until they can get someone to mark or buy a runebook for them?

try to remember when your character was new.

I

imported_onthefifty

i think the toons all became a bit overweight from the chocolate and bacon on valentines day

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
......*looks at the calander...sees that it's April 1st.....knows people play pranks on that day*

.....how many of you actually think the moongates are broken???? Have you tried using one???? I seriously wasn't gonna say anything but....come on...it's April Fool's Day.....silly people.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as simple as walking through the gate...if you actually went to a moongate and read the out of order thing and walked without trying, all i have to say is...omfg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*Laughs* well you never know...some people might have actually thought they were broken as part of the event......

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh i know!, and if there is someone out there who went as far as to log out..or go buy a boat to get from new haven because of this.....i need to meet them please!! LOL

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i gated my dead faction guy to a moongate so he could get a res.
then on his way back OUT of the moongate to the awaiting gate to take him back into the field i noticed thta the gate i had just came through was out of order.... i stopped.... and i thought... crap.... the gates are out of order.

(keep in mind... i just came OUT of the gate)

brain.... check
brain working......
brain working.........
brain working..............
.... oh, ya check

G

<blockquote><hr>

you do realize that brand new or returning players have not choice but to use the moongates until they can get someone to mark or buy a runebook for them?

try to remember when your character was new.

[/ QUOTE ]

i used to call it the PMS (public moongate system), because of the phases ;D...ahh good ol days

G

nope,

have not log in today to check, errands to run and all that.

yes, I realize what day it is. Just remember that not all cultures/soceities that play UO recognize april fools day. Or actually most of the holidays we get gifts for.

Its one of my pet peeves with UO, it had its own lore/hoildays and calender, yet we get "gifts" based on the real life calender.

call me a wet blanket if you wish, this was in poor taste. Because if they were down it would have a negative impact on new/returning players.

I

imported_Gwyneth

<blockquote><hr>

yes, I realize what day it is. Just remember that not all cultures/soceities that play UO recognize april fools day. Or actually most of the holidays we get gifts for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, please... leave us one place (UO) where we don't have to be totally politically correct all the time.

I

imported_Gwyneth

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about it. I just feel there's nothing wrong with traditional holiday gifts - of any tradition.

G

Oh I agree with you, Gwyneth. I meant I think the moongate joke is stupid. Personally I was hoping for something for Easter. Not necessarily gifts, but a maniacal blackrock infected giant bunny or something.

G

I am not being politically correct,

I am far from that. all I am saying if you would have quoted the rest of my statement.

is that is one of my pet peeves, is that UO which has its own lore/holidays and calender. We continue to get "gifts" based on days/dates from our real life calender. I thought I was playing a game to relax/entertain/distract or whatever term you wish to use from real life, a place where reality does not intrude. A fantasy world, with its own unique style, settings, lore. You know the rpg in mmorpg (massively multiplayer online role playing game)?

but its not going to stop me from enjoying UO, lack of immersiveness or not. It just rubs my role-playing side of me the wrong way.

I

imported_Gwyneth

<blockquote><hr>

Oh I agree with you, Gwyneth. I meant I think the moongate joke is stupid. Personally I was hoping for something for Easter. Not necessarily gifts, but a maniacal blackrock infected giant bunny or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh! Sorry... I misunderstood... got sidetracked on the holiday gifts thing.

I

imported_Gwyneth

<blockquote><hr>

I am not being politically correct,

I am far from that. all I am saying if you would have quoted the rest of my statement.

is that is one of my pet peeves, is that UO which has its own lore/holidays and calender. We continue to get "gifts" based on days/dates from our real life calender. I thought I was playing a game to relax/entertain/distract or whatever term you wish to use from real life, a place where reality does not intrude. A fantasy world, with its own unique style, settings, lore. You know the rpg in mmorpg (massively multiplayer online role playing game)?

but its not going to stop me from enjoying UO, lack of immersiveness or not. It just rubs my role-playing side of me the wrong way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Understood. It's a fantasy world. Sometimes it's harder to maintain the fantasy when reminders of real life pop in.