• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Money making payouts

• Thread starter imported_Shirl1211
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

dinaj

Do you know if there are any plans to improve skilling? It seems like that is going to remain the largest and most boring portion of the game. At least while making money people are present not so while skilling.

These "improvements" are like riding a roller coaster, some are exciting and some are downright scarey.

G

TTL

I have a suggestion, just thought of this, wanted to toss it out there. How about, instead of 12 people typing for best pay on typewriters, it's 12 people working in a house, some painting, some jamming, some bashing, etc. The pay would increase depending on our skill and the amount of sims working in house at same time, regardless what job object they are doing? Then we could all do the objects we actually prefer. We could use whichever of our skills without everyone needing to be skilled in the same things. Any thoughts?

G

Gracie u forget that of those slots once all cities merge i dont think you'll have the ability to have 4 sims in say tc3 and why would you? everyone will gravitate to the *new* city. Also why do u bother bringing BV into this equation? Its got what 4 whole families that play there? That city along with DC was one of two of the bigest development time wastes the game has ever seen. I'm soerry you cherish the city so much, but you are 1 of less then a handfull who still play there. So saying you'll have 8 sims is well incorrect, BV sims can't go anywhere, but BV. Maybe the others *might* be able to all go to the same city who knows..

G

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

I have a suggestion, just thought of this, wanted to toss it out there. How about, instead of 12 people typing for best pay on typewriters, it's 12 people working in a house, some painting, some jamming, some bashing, etc. The pay would increase depending on our skill and the amount of sims working in house at same time, regardless what job object they are doing? Then we could all do the objects we actually prefer. We could use whichever of our skills without everyone needing to be skilled in the same things. Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea
, but will never happen cause the devs want us to work harder at finding ways to earn the max amount of cash, NOT make it easier.

I

imported_Poppy Darling

I have been testing the new TC3 payouts for potions on a single sim with 20.44 logic.I think the devs need to take another look at the payouts because the figure displayed above my sims head said $77 but only $51 was actually being paid.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Instead of the inconvenience of skill re-skill. You could choose to use your sim slots wisely and skill each in a different specialty. As I mentioned before we currently have 6 sims available in TC3 and the potential to have 8 sims in EALand.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are right you could chosse to do that. But each individual sim will still have the same problem.
One sim has many friends, the other sim has a few,one sim has money,the other sim dont have much...etc etc. But the fact still remains each sim will be low on one thing or another. I myself dont want to have to jump from one sim to another at any given point just so they can do what is the "thing" of the moment/week/day what ever. It takes times, and plenty of it to establish friendships so you can interact, and skill so you can craft, skill so you can earn,and the list goes on.
I am still playing the wait and see game, and I do have hope it will all work out in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think all sims on the acct will have access to the funds with ATM.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

[/ QUOTE ]

THAT is logical, promotes game enjoyment -- and is a TERRIFIC idea!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea
, but will never happen cause the devs want us to work harder at finding ways to earn the max amount of cash, NOT make it easier.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have to agree. Making it easier is not part of their plan.

G

But, if you believe what I've heard, that Luc landed at a money house, saw that most were typing, said about too many are typing, decided to cut typing payout and raise a couple of others... then that would be a logical solution, would it not?

Instead of screwing around with payouts varying, make them all equal depending on our skills and how many are working in a house, not on same object. I was disappointed when I found I could make more with my sim who had 4 in creative typing in a group, than with maxed body bashing. That makes maxing a skill not worth the time it takes. With my idea, it would make maxing any of our preferred skills more worthwhile.

G

<blockquote><hr>

But, if you believe what I've heard, that Luc landed at a money house, saw that most were typing, said about too many are typing, decided to cut typing payout and raise a couple of others... then that would be a logical solution, would it not?

Instead of screwing around with payouts varying, make them all equal depending on our skills and how many are working in a house, not on same object. I was disappointed when I found I could make more with my sim who had 4 in creative typing in a group, than with maxed body bashing. That makes maxing a skill not worth the time it takes. With my idea, it would make maxing any of our preferred skills more worthwhile.

[/ QUOTE ]
I suspect Luc "landed" at that house by design. They prolly got some 'unfavorable' numbers from their 'data collection' system and decided to make some changes long before he got there.

But, even if it's not a smokescreen. The algorithm would be complicated, and they have already demonstrated that they are not interested in adding complicated code to the game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No because the devs are NOT about making the game more logical or easier to earn money. If they see alot of sims making alot of money they'll change it and your idea would make it way to easy for sims to earn max payouts. NOT going to happen!

B

Bindy

*TTL*

Why is it so necessary to make this game so dang hard to enjoy? Why must there be a constant process of making so many people angry and upset?

I know EA needs to turn a profit I understand that this is their major goal. So by making the game so miserable for the players what will that accomplish? I dont see that helping EA's pockets any I see it hurting them in the end.

Its almost Christmas for pete sake! Why cant EA and the devs give the players a break? RL and Christmas time are stressful enough we dont need the game to go into over load as well. Please stop making it so hard for us to earn our way?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at a money house when Luc appeared - there we about 32 sims there (2 of which were mine - both on PAID accounts) at least 8 of which were sitting at typewriters but not acutally typing (maybe afk???), anyway....

I remember the conversation going 'something' like this

Luc - So how many people are actually here?

about 10 - 15 sims answered - I am or that sort of thing

Luc - Hmm that leaves about 10 bots. I'm thinking of lowering the payouts on typing

10-15 replies of NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO plus a few others

Then after Luc answered a few other questions he left.

PS Luc (or anyone else with 'the power') if you are reading this - it's still costs $15 to feed a pet but £3 to feed a sim (if you cook a meal for 1) - can you please lower it
thanks.

I

imported_sedusa

If Luc did say (that leaves about 10 bots) it dont necessarily mean that cause people didnt respond the others were bots. I know that I have spent almost all my allowed time away from game just going to the bathroom sometimes.

G

Yeah I know.

Lets face it - RL does happen, even to the most dedicated players.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Let's clarify....are we talking bots or alternates? Are we talking....running a couple of sims on a 3rd party sim babysitter or a player who is manually running several paid accounts without the aid of extra software?

When you are running multiples at a money house, you have to watch when your sims are done their object, click sell, and then click again the make more. Then you have to watch their needs. So having multiples at a money house is a bit more challenging then having them at any other type of house.

Even if you are solo in a money house, typing is a lot different then jams and painting because mainly you can't tell how much further your sim has until it's done. Jams you can look as see how many are in the crate.

So you may be chatting up a storm in im and not realize your sim is sitting there staring off into outer space.

As for payouts, they were increased for some of the lesser used money objects.

G

No idea - just saying what Luc said.

I was just pointing out that I was running 2 sims there and maybe thats why some didn't answer as they were on another account maybe somewhere else doing something else (maybe skilling their other sim or building)

Just wondered if he lowered it as he though people were botting ?? I dunno

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I doubt if he is lowering payouts because a lot of 'sims' didn't answer him when he landed on a lot especially if it was busy.

He was probably just being well...Luc with his dry sense of humor.

Probably a lot of simoleans being made on typewriters at the moment. Seems like when TC3 opened, we were all pecking away at the keys. Then things seemed to move over to pizza and jams. Now we are back to typing.

We will all be shifting to something else now. Maybe pinatas?

Isn't it what we kinda asked for a little? Have the devs switch up which objects are the best money makers occassionally to keep the players guessing and the botters guessing too?

According to last night, payouts went up on pinatas and the lab sets. Botters probably already have sims skilled for those items and have probably already have shifted their sims to those objects. Chasing botters will always be a battle if done this way.

We just need more drains! Custom content will help drain the economy a bit.

G

Thanks for the dialog, uk. I found that helpful.

I guess it depends on how we filter it.

If we believe that they have the game coded to highlight unusual activity, payouts and money creation, then we could just as easily see Luc's appearance at that particular house and time as a response to worrisome numbers or other data. Perhaps they already had some indication of bot activity and he was only verifying it, with a look see and head count? Whether we agree with the money in~money out game plan, or not, they do seem to be staying consistant with it.

Or we can believe that Luc was just running around during a slow time at work, looking for some way to mess with the players, and on a whim decided everyone in that particular house was having too much fun typing.....so he nerfed the typing payouts for everyone, while giggling, maniacally, at his power to torment the excess abundance of players, he has littering the game.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

If we believe that they have the game coded to highlight unusual activity, payouts and money creation, then we could just as easily see Luc's appearance at that particular house and time as a response to worrisome numbers or other data. Perhaps they already had some indication of bot activity and he was only verifying it, with a look see and head count? Whether we agree with the money in~money out game plan, or not, they do seem to be staying consistant with it.

Or we can believe that Luc was just running around during a slow time at work, looking for some way to mess with the players, and on a whim decided everyone in that particular house was having too much fun typing.....so he nerfed the typing payouts for everyone, while giggling, maniacally, at his power to torment the excess abundance of players, he has littering the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can hear him evil laughing all the way here to the east coast can't you?

LMAO You have totally cracked me up! I can see him as a cross between the lottery fairy and the Seinfeld Soup Guy......"ZAP!....no payouts for you!"

(OMG...is that what happened to the Iron Chef maybe? Wonder if Luc zapped him for doing pizza in his tux?)

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Or we can believe he doesn't have a clue how people play the game, and how botters behave.

10 of the people in the house were bots because they didn't instantly speak up in room chat? Nobody could have been just afk to do something? Nobody could be pretty much ignoring the room convo while chatting with friends? Nobody could have actually been there and just not said anything?

And let's suppose just for a second that they WERE bots. His solution is to lower the payout for that particular object? Did it occur to him that maybe they might (I know this is hard to grasp but try!) go bot something else?

I hope UK's version of what happened is incorrect.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Yes. Perhaps the botters moved on to do something else. The point is they did have to move. Keeping the botters moving and constantly adjusting does slow them down. Unfortunately the honest players have to adjust as well. Regardless, I don't believe going back to the static world we lived in the past 5 years is the solution to the problem. Having everything set and static is too easy for the botters to overproduce simoleans.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

Yes. Perhaps the botters moved on to do something else. The point is they did have to move. Keeping the botters moving and constantly adjusting does slow them down. Unfortunately the honest players have to adjust as well. Regardless, I don't believe going back to the static world we lived in the past 5 years is the solution to the problem. Having everything set and static is too easy for the botters to overproduce simoleans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see you totally ignored the first part - whether there EVEN were any botters at that house. I would bet the vast majority of those 10 were the second accounts of real people running two at a time, and some afk folks.

Be that as it may, you're trying to justify making a change of this magnitude, that impacts all the legitimate players, to inconvenience some "I think these are botters" for the 15 seconds it takes to go somewhere else?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Maybe they should just automatically rotate which object gives the most payouts on a regular schedule. Then DON"T tell us what is paying out more.

By the time, the higher payout object is found, it would be rotated again anyway.

Now the whole deal would be dependent on EA not SAYING which one it is.....

Just a thought is all.

R

Roger Wilco

Great idea! Botters are stupid and will never figure out a way to find which is paying how much, or simply spread their bots out over all the categories!

Hey, while we're at it, lets implement a screen shift and an overwork penalty! That will destroy them!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Great idea! Botters are stupid and will never figure out a way to find which is paying how much, or simply spread their bots out over all the categorys!

Hey, while we're at it, lets implement a screen shift and an overwork penalty! That will destroy them!

[/ QUOTE ]

And you don't think they do that already?

G

<blockquote><hr>

(OMG...is that what happened to the Iron Chef maybe? Wonder if Luc zapped him for doing pizza in his tux?)

[/ QUOTE ]

*giggle*

I

imported_Gracie Nito

While I can appreciate good sarcasm on any given day, it doesn't really offer other solutions to the problem. Static money payouts have not worked for 5 years and I see no reason to stay with the status quo.

If you do not like dynamic payouts then what solutions can you come up with to combat bots and take the control of payouts away from an arbitrary decision of a developer? I've lived in a world controlled by pizza machines. I've lived in a world controlled by jam tables. I've lived in a world controlled by chalkboards and I've lived in a world controlled by code machines and maze. In TC3 our world was controlled by the typewriter. Each of these worlds was an arbitrary decision made by a person to change things up.

If the diner down the street can't hire enough waitresses they raise their pay to get workers. If the publishing house is overrun by stories, they pay less per story. If the bakery runs out of jam, they have to pay more for workers to produce more jam. This is how the real business world works. What is so wrong with doing the same in a simulated life? By using algorithms to detect where the shortages of workers and overabundance of workers are then as a society we will control where the pay is raised and lowered. If there can be automated systems in place to adjust to what society does then this no longer becomes an arbitrary decision made my a developer reading the data and guessing at adjustments.

G

I disagree, I think static money payouts worked just fine. Although, I hated seeing all jam houses, all paint houses, etc. That is why I suggested they change they way working in a group works to allow for any money object and skills instead of just one type. I realize it would be a logical solution, something that makes sense, so therefor won't be used, but I still think it's a great idea. It would allow a group of friends who skilled to pizza together, to work together when they aren't in the mood to pizza, doing jams, telemarketer and pinata, and still make a decent wage. Now that may be the problem, heaven forbid us making a decent wage... but I've honestly not seen what I consider a decent wage since they cut the payouts to start with. I don't think this has anything to do with "bots". I think it was more like OMG they are making way too much money on typewriters, we've got to stop that right now today or else they'll never need to purchase money from us!!!

It was not how much money we had that ruined this game, it was the complete lack of updates from EA, and I don't care who thinks differently, I know why the many, many friends of mine quit to find something more fun to do with their time.

G

<blockquote><hr>

While I can appreciate good sarcasm on any given day, it doesn't really offer other solutions to the problem. Static money payouts have not worked for 5 years and I see no reason to stay with the status quo.

If you do not like dynamic payouts then what solutions can you come up with to combat bots and take the control of payouts away from an arbitrary decision of a developer? I've lived in a world controlled by pizza machines. I've lived in a world controlled by jam tables. I've lived in a world controlled by chalkboards and I've lived in a world controlled by code machines and maze. In TC3 our world was controlled by the typewriter. Each of these worlds was an arbitrary decision made by a person to change things up.

If the diner down the street can't hire enough waitresses they raise their pay to get workers. If the publishing house is overrun by stories, they pay less per story. If the bakery runs out of jam, they have to pay more for workers to produce more jam. This is how the real business world works. What is so wrong with doing the same in a simulated life? By using algorithms to detect where the shortages of workers and overabundance of workers are then as a society we will control where the pay is raised and lowered. If there can be automated systems in place to adjust to what society does then this no longer becomes an arbitrary decision made my a developer reading the data and guessing at adjustments.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly!
And from a programming standpoint it is not that difficult to write some basic code ("basic" meaning 'with the intent to improve upon it as time goes by')

Example.
First, you start with a number that you feel is the max allowable (per day)amount of simoleons to be made off of a particular object - lets say 10,000$.
Each day at maintenance, the "data collection" numbers are checked for each object.
If the number for say... typewriters exceeds the max, then the payouts for typewriters is reduced by a small amount - 2% or 1$ whichever is greater.
There would also be a 'minimum' number, (say... 5000$) below which the payout would be increased by 2% or 1$.
These checks would be made for all money objects and adjusted (or not) accordingly.
The small adjustments would be less shattering to players and also be more realistic toward RL changes regarding supply and demand. It also removes any personal bias that may exist from a person making those decisions.

Plus (my favey part) - considering that Random Number Generators are one of a game programmers best friends. We could insert the xx% possibility of a "boom" or "bust" in the market for an object, that drives payouts way up (or into the ground). The possibility would be relatively small and never affect more than one object at a time.
You could also tie in the adjustments to payouts to also have some kind of effect (1% to speed) in skilling (an increase in easel payouts results in a call for more creativity).

Then, at the next maintenance period, it does it all over again.

As time goes by, this coding can be fine-tuned to produce more detailed and varied results.
The point is that it would be done according to IG numbers, small, and automatic.

A little creative programming can be a boon to a game, and so very much can be done with just a little effort.

G

CG, I highly doubt it has anything to do with the "OMG, they won't purchase money from us." I think the thought lies more along the lines of, "OMG, we are going to have to pay out so much for this when they cash in." If you look at it from a business standpoint, you look at where money is being taken away and where money is being brought in. Right now they are working on trying to make a profit off of the game. An important part of making that profit is not giving it all away. It's just like most games out there that use real money. No matter what, you can't say that you have to buy the in game money because there are tons of ways to earn it. Everyone is so focused on money houses right now. EA is going to do what is in their best interest to not lose any more money. I get sick of people saying this and that about payouts on money objects. If EA ran the game the way some of the people on these boards want it, the game would be gone in the sense that there will be no more logging on. This is just my opinion.

G

The biggest problem I have with this money buying thing is the fact that others have been selling simoleans for years, EA could have been in on that from the start and chose not to. They could have kept updating the game, and they'd not have lost so many subscribers, who knows, had they done what players actually wanted through the years, they might have had a successful game. They didn't choose to do those things, so now we all must suffer so that they can create this "economy" that is just basically same thing as before just with less digits. I've said before, being a "millionaire" in my play world was something I enjoyed, God knows I'll never see that in my real life, it was great to see it in my fantasy world. I was at a stage in my sim life I didn't need to "work" anymore, nor did I need to skill. And you know what? I loved it!!! I see no fun in TC3, it's a city of stores galore, skilling and money lots.. very few others, nothing new to do, and I for one am finding it incredibly boring. I've done the cc picsicles and dysfunctional chairs, that's fun for a little bit till you realize eh, it's just a waste of money really, money that is too hard to come by to waste on something that just makes for more lag :/

P

PB Three

I'm not fully effected by the payout decrease, as I already have a reasonably strong foundation.

@ CG:

I don't nesseccarily like being a millionaire. I like being wealthy, but it loses it's fun value very fast. That's why I'm planning on never having much over 400k, so I still have to work to maintain my money.

I'll probably hold contests or something to reduce my total simoleons, and therfor give it to people who need the money. That's a while off, but still.
I get rather uncomfortable (for lack of a better word) when I have too much eccess money.

I'm already laying out the stepping stones to succeed in my goal of being a wealthy (but no too wealthy) sim-business person.

PB Three

I

imported_Gracie Nito

We can only cash out, what has been cashed in. Somewhere, someone has got to make these simoleans to go into the pool. We've managed to drain alot of simoleans out of the economy with uploaded CC. So this proves the incentive to upload CC is a great drain. Where in the past the drains went no where....they now lead to a pool. When the pools get full, then there is more for people to buy, or more for payouts to be raised. EA is not going to sell simloeans that don't already exist in the economy. They must be generated by subscribers.

G

I have a feeling it will be the same people who've been getting cash out of this game for years that will be turning simoleans into EA for the real money. The rest of us can live poor or buy them, and EA will just be the middle man. I have no intentions of spending more than my monthly fee on this game. IF there is a way to do it without going mind numbingly bored, I intend to play for free. With the way they keep doing things, I doubt greatly that happens.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

I have a feeling it will be the same people who've been getting cash out of this game for years that will be turning simoleans into EA for the real money. The rest of us can live poor or buy them, and EA will just be the middle man. I have no intentions of spending more than my monthly fee on this game. IF there is a way to do it without going mind numbingly bored, I intend to play for free. With the way they keep doing things, I doubt greatly that happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

* Puffs his cigar and props feet up on the desk.

Yep, I look forward to simoleans having real value.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The rest of us can live poor or buy them, and EA will just be the middle man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Live poor?? Okay so its not poor when your 1,000,000 becomes 10,000 with all the prices also dropping 90%. Take some 0's off at the end of everything and its still all the same. This concept of poor would be like if you had 10 simoleans. Poor is no where near what it will be. And I for one won't be buying them, I won't have too. I can work my sim to death and earn every single simolean. Just have work the plan, don't let the plan work you.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Your comment about them having to buy back simoleans makes a lot of sense to me.

Last night they were chatting about how much certain rares should cost and amounts like 250K etc was thrown out there.

I was like....DARN, these people have that much expendible cash already?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Your comment about them having to buy back simoleans makes a lot of sense to me.

Last night they were chatting about how much certain rares should cost and amounts like 250K etc was thrown out there.

I was like....DARN, these people have that much expendible cash already?

[/ QUOTE ]

to say 250k is fine and great, BUT if it takes users more then that, which it usually does, to find the rares then the prices will be much higher.

G

Fester, what I'm trying to say is, no sim should have that kind of money to just toss around.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Fester, what I'm trying to say is, no sim should have that kind of money to just toss around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good grief. If a person can't enjoy being "rich" in a freakin' game, then I have to wonder why we call it "playing" or a "game." Instead of EA Land or TSO it sounds like we should say we are playing anti-Satan's filthy lucre club when you throw out "no sim should have that kind of money."

What if you knew that player had joined forces with other players, and/or worked his various sims hard to gather the money "ethically." Would that make it OK then? Or, are we all to assume anyone who has money to throw around has been cheating? Or, are they merely morally corrupt because they have more money than you, or me?

If lack of money = moral highground in TSO then I'm on Everest. Worship me.

I liked Donavan's idea about random payout events -- reminds me of slot machines
That would be fun, though, if payouts sometimes let you hit a jackpot.

G

No, Dali you miss my point. What used to constitute being rich no longer applies. When you had millions that was rich, but now having only thousands is being rich. 250k is a lot of money. That is just an over excess of simoleans.

G

250k is a lot of money.

With 1$ US buying less that 1k Simoleans in the soon-to-be EALand, 250k Simoleans could be cashed out for over $250. I think Sarah would be interested in anyone accumulating 250k.

O

ozzynowgone

all the complaints arent gonna even grab the dev attention they are just gonna keep lowering it and when ppl are buying from them they lower it even more so ppl are forced to just buy more and more from them they talk about drains it all about them draining the few ppl left wallets into the company wallet and when some ppl do happen to try to sell some back to them i bet there will be a glitch and suddenly the simoleans wont be showing anymore "woops " call customer service they might get back to you at some point in time

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

250k is a lot of money.

With 1$ US buying less that 1k Simoleans in the soon-to-be EALand, 250k Simoleans could be cashed out for over $250. I think Sarah would be interested in anyone accumulating 250k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rare items are already trading for 250k and more in TC3.