• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Modern Sampire

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello,

People have asked me lot about my new template that I play nowadays. I have played lot with different Sampire builds and also different Paladin builds.

Some backgrounds:
I started to play sampire about 2012 and changed it to "Dragoon"-paladin about 2014.
Now it is 2017 and time to change play style / gears once again :)

Reason why I changed to Paladin from "Classic Sampire" (at 2015) was damage output (From skills 6 x 120). But there is also great weakness in Paladin.. it have random life leech because main source of healing comes from weapon (of course also confidence is used) . So I change BACK TO SAMPIRE AGAIN!

As you can see how life leech from weapon works:
Life Restored = 0 to Damage Dealt * LifeLeech Intensity% *30%
So with bad luck you can have many continously swings near 0 points of damage healed and that mean DEATH even with confidence and evasion in some situations.

As vampire form gives always* 20% damage back. And that means that you can "trust" your suit more and less randomness on fights

(*not always because there is some bosses that negates all type of life leeches as Corgul)

In short term:

Paladin is better than "Classic Sampire" BUT "Modern sampire" is better than Paladin

Because of new stuff like drops from roof and new loot generated drops it is pretty easy to build great gear sets. Also new fighters mastery helps lot in building of gear set.

Here is mile stones for "Modern sampire" gear set:
* As lot as possible skills to gear set (Target is get build with skills 5x120 and 1x100 and 1 x 99)
* Damage eater at 18% (Cap)
* HCI 45 and DCI 20
* All resistances refined to 75 (also energy 80 with elf)
* SSI 35 without weapon
* As much MR and HPR and SR as possible
* Protection is always on (no spell failures but -15% phys resistance and penalty to RS, RS is not used at majority of situations)
* DI 100 without DI in weapon
* Divine fury is casted continously so high karma needed
* Change anatomy 120 to RS 120 on some casting situations (also un cast protection then)

upload_2017-9-25_8-30-54.png

As you see here some point of interests:
* +79 to skills from gear set
* NO mace and shield glasses (HLD 50% to weapons)
* Only one random loot artifact (Gorget)
* DI 100 from gloves, jewlery, talisman and divine fury (So Remove DI from weapon with whetstone BEFORE imbuing just after reforge)
* -15% physic resistance from protection
* -25% fire resistance from vampire form
* Gloves and legs are new loot from Doom
* +5 to all resistance cap from refinenments (also means -25% to DCI cap)
* DE 9 reforged on one piece (other DE 9 comes from legs)
* Don't forget great SSI +5 from town bonus

I choose my weapon and talisman depending on situations.. lets take for example "Arachnid champpion spawn"

First 4 rounds I got with:
Arachnid Cameo and 100% fire double axe with HLL, HSL, HML, HFB, HFA (whirlwind)

Boss I go with:
Arachnid Cameo and 100% fire two handed axe with HLL, HSL, HLL, HLA, HLD (On slaught and double strike combo)

Just ask more :)

Last edited:

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If you don't use insane tinker legs, 20 ssi from jewels and 5 from town buff, the other 10 ssi from where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If you don't use insane tinker legs, 20 ssi from jewels and 5 from town buff, the other 10 ssi from where?
He has the SSI as:

10 from brace
5 Talisman (Cameo)
5 Town Bonus
and
15 from keeping Divine Fury continually cast

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I keep my insane tinker, but use the feudal glove. I don't have Damage eater 18 percent. I also have 60 parry but it seems counterstrike is not bad sometimes. I wish if my parry can be higher but template is too tight.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
UTHER PENDRAGON

My skill set up:
100 Swordsmanship (120 with Captain John's Hat)
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
100 Parrying
100 Necromancy
100 Resist Spells (115 with jewels)
080 Chivalry

While I have Anatomy ready on a stone, there are too many spawns with casters at some level to bother swapping it anymore. I play almost 100% of time with Resist spells on now.

All resists are 75 after refinements. HCI = 45, DCI = 25

Total stamina of 182, hit points at 147 (boosts to 149 when eating Trinsic petals), Strength at 146 (150 with Trinsic petals), Mana at 86 (+20 boost from being elf, +15 boost from Bushido level 3 mastery). SSI is 35% (all of which comes from suit and items), Damage increase is 100% (all from suit and items).

Suit is all plate and ring mail in order to get the "heavy stamina loss reduction" bonus. LMC is 45%.

I use full set of Cameos and carry about a dozen different weapons, notably double axes that will often have set up such as 100% elemental damage, 50% Hit Lower Defense, 50% Hit Area Effect, 50% Hit Spell, 81% Hit Mana Leach and then a 5th "free mod" that differs from weapon to weapon (i.e., Hit Life Leach, Hit Stamina Leach, Hit Lower Attack). Due to having Cameo set in addition to getting SSI and Damage Increase from my suit, I am able to customize these weapons very freely. I have other weapons that were created for specific bosses (i.e., Dragon Slayer 100% Cold Daisho for Rikky).

I used to be of the school of having a Bone/Studded suit for the extra LMC, but I really value the stamina protection a great deal and find that it helps survivability for spawning. If you're not able to maintain max swing speed during a spawn... that might mean trouble at high levels or in an open field with large number of casters.

Between doing good damage with Whirlwind or Double Strike, or switching to a Hit Life Leach weapon, the Bushido mastery gives more effective Confidence spell which goes a long way for temporary healing. If I am running off and needing to cast Close Wounds, that's usually not a good sign.

I have also been able to counter a small number of PVPers with this template in raid attempts.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UTHER PENDRAGON
I have also been able to counter a small number of PVPers with this template in raid attempts.
It seems very vulnerable to archer warrior pvper, once they disarm my sampire is an easy target esp with 20-25 dci. Worse thing is that they give chase with moving shot, only way to survive is confidence with Bushido mastery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It seems very vulnerable to archer warrior pvper, once they disarm my sampire is an easy target esp with 20-25 dci. Worse thing is that they give chase with moving shot, only way to survive is confidence with Bushido mastery.
That's very fair... but Sampires aren't built for PVP if you want it to be maximum benefit for PVM. The few times I countered PVP successfully was likely due to player skill instead of suit or template.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
but Sampires aren't built for PVP if you want it to be maximum benefit for PVM. The few times I countered PVP successfully was likely due to player skill instead of suit or template.
^^ this..

learned that lesson personally as well. lol

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use full set of Cameos and carry about a dozen different weapons, notably double axes that will often have set up such as 100% elemental damage, 50% Hit Lower Defense, 50% Hit Area Effect, 50% Hit Spell, 81% Hit Mana Leach and then a 5th "free mod" that differs from weapon to weapon (i.e., Hit Life Leach, Hit Stamina Leach, Hit Lower Attack).
Thank you for sharing your template. What is the purpose of Hit Spell mod in PvM?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thank you for sharing your template. What is the purpose of Hit Spell mod in PvM?
The purpose is more damage. Plain and simple.

Some spells work better than others. In example (I'm sure someone can correct me here if I'm wrong), I don't believe HLD will proc if Fireball hits. However, that problem doesn't seem to exist with Lightning.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a side note, not meant to derail the thread. The Sampire was a player creation. Sampire have been hit by the nerf bat. I find it funny that the Developers have made Sampire NPCs. The captains in the Blackthorn Dungeon.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Real" Skills are
Anatomy 120
Bushido 120
Chiv 100
Parry 70
Swords 120
Tactics 120
Necro 70

My Ring abd Brace looks like:
upload_2017-11-20_9-37-15.png
upload_2017-11-20_9-37-55.png

Rememeber use Chiv 120 and Anatomy 120 (RS in some situations). Those gives huge benefits.

There is lot Chiv under 120, anatomy under 120 and parry under 100 templates that players uses. But those is LOT weaker than this one. (I have played those templates earlier too). I think places like Roof is impossible with those older templates.

Last edited:

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I got a dragoon samp now. Does does it compare to the modern samp you have?

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeh as @BearCorpse said this build needs "Divine Fury" cast every 25 sec. But you will (as me.. or not :D) become familiar with it in few hours.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only cast vampireform on necro no other spells. More u die more u need cast VF. But karma is fast recovered forexample with balrons.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So your using the britches of warding. Fedual Gloves. The rest of the suit pieces are just looted gear I'm guessing. I think I'm gonna build something like this and compare against my dragoon.

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I concur with the Divine Fury situation.

I built gear around that spell but now I'm having second thoughts because it feels cumbersome in the heat of battle to recast it.

I feel I waste precious seconds in my rotation of deeps having to reapply it.

But the pro aspect: it really frees up Mod space on gear.

Eventually I will replace DF.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I does not fizzle and cast every 25 sec. You dont need play long until you start "auto cast" it without even think whole spell :)

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even only "free" SSI 15 is worth of train to use that spell :)... remember that mages needs to cast spells every few sconds :p!

Romulus

Visitor
Ford, Can you tell me where you get the 5% HCI and 5% DCI from listed under the misc table? I can't for the life of me figure out where that comes from. Thanks!

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ford, Can you tell me where you get the 5% HCI and 5% DCI from listed under the misc table? I can't for the life of me figure out where that comes from. Thanks!
Warrior gift tier 3 (Swordsmanship mastery in my situation)

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
EDIT: I was wrong! Ignore this post.

I have almost the same set up on my Paladin except ring has 25% DI and I'm pretty sure Warriors Gift gives you +5 HCI, 5DCI, 5str, and 5DI. You're suit didn't account for that so you could swap out your ring/bracelet set and get more imbuing weight.

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Warriors gift give you 5% damage multiplier, the same stuff you get from slayer weapons, enemy of one and consecrate weapon, not damage increase.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Warriors gift give you 5% damage multiplier, the same stuff you get from slayer weapons, enemy of one and consecrate weapon, not damage increase.
Thanks for the correction! I misunderstood the description.

Last edited:

Mobidoy

Adventurer
I have:

120 Sword, Bushido, Tactics and Anatomy/Spell resist (depending on situation)
99 Necro
75 Parry
66 Chivalry

I am about to imbue a set of jewels that already has 10 SSI and 25 DI on Ring and Bracelet ( Maxing my Swing Speed Increase at 25 to get 1.25 Swing speed on Double axe (181 Stam) and DI at 100 with other gear on)

I would like to know, if you have to increase a skill between Necro, Parry and Chivalry, what would be your choice ? I probably can get 60 Skill points out of the jewels so, rise chivalry to 120 and Parry to 81 or the other way around ?

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lumberjack is pretty worthless except in very small cases. I have it on a stone. Put it on once every other year or so. Basically for farming Exodus keys...

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
OK ... so I have my Modern Sampire in pretty decent shape

Here's where I am at ... Everything Cast
Vampiric Embrace
Divine Fury
Protection

Skills ... some Jewels included
Anatomy 120
Bushido 120
Swordsmanship 120
Tactics 120
Chivalry 120
Parrying 100
Necromancy 99

Physical Resist 75
Fire Resist 75
Cold Resist 75
Poison Resist 75
Energy Resist 76

Damage Increase 100
Hit Chance Increase 45
Swing Speed Increase 35
Lower Mana Cost 45

Hit Point Regen 7
Stamina Regen 17
Mana Regen 9

Reflect Physical Damage 5
Defense Chance Increase 19

Damage Eater +18

I had no problem downing Balrons .... got my Karma/Fame up into the 21000 range

So here's the question .... I'm not experienced in any way playing a character like this .... standing there and tanking Balrons is one thing

Getting into the MIX and knowing what to do and when is a different story. I started down this path awhile ago ... created a Dragoon but never really got skillful at playing him ... here I am again.

Where should I start ... I want to start easy so I can learn how to use this character ... working my way slowly to getting more and more proficient ....

I'm not a Guild kinda guy ... I'd like to learn the skills to solo whatever I can ... the key work to the plan is SLOWLY

Can some one help me out with a plan to get there .... Thanks

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the usual places for sampires: Barracoon spawns and Rikktor for a start, then advance to harder spawns. Doom, peerless etc.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I would suggest making a 100% cold daemon slayer double axe and hit semidar spawn at fel fire dungeon.
You are less likely to be raided there.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would suggest getting your DCI to the cap otherwise the champs will give you some problems.
not really necessary to be honest. at least not againts barracoon. I have always done him with only 26 dci and 60 parry by using a bladed staff (hld,hla,ml,sl,di) and chaining AIs, only switching to the dbl axe for whirlwinds when he spawns ratmen. sure capped dci makes it easier but on Siege without insurance you're better off learning how to play a sampire with an economy suit ;-)

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
What is the recommended amount of mana required for continuous specials? Assuming you have >80% Hit mana leech on your wep.

Also, do you guys use pots at all? Or just petals?

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is the recommended amount of mana required for continuous specials? Assuming you have >80% Hit mana leech on your wep.

Also, do you guys use pots at all? Or just petals?
I would something like 60+ mana. Petals only. I rarely use pots on PVM.

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
How important is resist spells? I see some people go with and without. I think for monsters at spawns that cast a lot of spells it would be important.

Also, opting out of anatomy for more skill pts else where? 120 anatomy is only 65 dmg inc so with protection and everything seems like you could distribute those pts else where to improve overall.

Last edited:

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With undeath champ you can stone anatomy and change it to resist spell. But if you are careful with blood oath not even this "trick" is needed. (With Corgul resist is "must".. but with Corgul you need swap some other skills also)