• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mob resists changing as you fight?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I know mobs can train skills while you fight them, just as your own pets' skills train up. But has anyone else noticed *resists* changing while you fight?

I've been training my beetle and wolf on this same Swoop for over an hour. A giant beetle is 100% damage, and the tsuki wolf is 90/0/5/0/5 damage. Swoop's physical resists span from 81% to 92%, according to the lores in the wiki (Swoop). So Swoop generally has been taking this pair of pets 10 to 15 minutes to kill.

When I first started fighting this Swoop, I lored it to add it to the wiki; it's resists at that point were 92/56/81/45/59. But I noticed that, not only was this one taking much longer, but my pets essentially hadn't been able to do any damage at all that Swoop's 33 HPR wasn't easily counteracting. So I just now re-lored... and got a surprise from the resists tab:

This very same Swoop's resists have changed, going from 92/56/81/45/59 to 100/54/82/42/60. Ie, physical, cold, and energy (which my pets do 100, 5, and 5% damage in) have gone up, while fire and poison (which my pets can't do any damage in) have gone down.

Anyone else noticed wild mobs actively changing their resists over time?

-Brian

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know mobs can train skills while you fight them, just as your own pets' skills train up. But has anyone else noticed *resists* changing while you fight?

I've been training my beetle and wolf on this same Swoop for over an hour. A giant beetle is 100% damage, and the tsuki wolf is 90/0/5/0/5 damage. Swoop's physical resists span from 81% to 92%, according to the lores in the wiki (Swoop). So Swoop generally has been taking this pair of pets 10 to 15 minutes to kill.

When I first started fighting this Swoop, I lored it to add it to the wiki; it's resists at that point were 92/56/81/45/59. But I noticed that, not only was this one taking much longer, but my pets essentially hadn't been able to do any damage at all that Swoop's 33 HPR wasn't easily counteracting. So I just now re-lored... and got a surprise from the resists tab:

This very same Swoop's resists have changed, going from 92/56/81/45/59 to 100/54/82/42/60. Ie, physical, cold, and energy (which my pets do 100, 5, and 5% damage in) have gone up, while fire and poison (which my pets can't do any damage in) have gone down.

Anyone else noticed wild mobs actively changing their resists over time?

-Brian

Maybe he got smart and put on some of the armor from his loot pack?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when you lored it first, your beetle had hit it with rune corruption, when you lored it the second time, that debuff had worn off.

In my father's house there are many rooms, if it were not so, i would not have told you thus.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Nope; the beetle doesn't have rune corruption. Still working on training him for his first bump from 1 slot to 2.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whats been done to the tsuki wolf. They normally have the grasping claw I believe which lowers phys temporarily like the hiryu.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most pets (and now by proxy monsters) now have magery, it's most likely a mix of buffs, magic reflection, protection, and bless. They cast various spells now as i've noticed.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Swoop doesn't have Magery, but he does have Grasping Claw. I guess it's possible it was something the wolf did; so far he has Necro and Life Leech. Though, if our pets' AIs are casting something that buffs their enemy's resist in that same pet's principle damage type, literally to 100%, that sounds as though the pet AI may need some tweaking. :p

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Though, if our pets' AIs are casting something that buffs their enemy's resist in that same pet's principle damage type, literally to 100%, that sounds as though the DEVS AI may need some tweaking. :p
Fixxed that for you..

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Swoop doesn't have Magery, but he does have Grasping Claw. I guess it's possible it was something the wolf did; so far he has Necro and Life Leech. Though, if our pets' AIs are casting something that buffs their enemy's resist in that same pet's principle damage type, literally to 100%, that sounds as though the pet AI may need some tweaking. :p
Yep, i brought that up during TC Testing. Some pets benefit from casting Corpse Skin on their target, like Dread Spiders, Hellhounds, Hellcats (Small), Nightmares, etc. Yet others suffer from it, such as Shadow Wyrms, Tsuki Wolves, Ossein Rams, etc.