• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Missing customization tiles?

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I put this up at Homes and Castles forum, but also tought id put it here, to get more attention:)

Why is it you can with the dungeon tiles use the "fade out to gravel" tiles but not for grass? I would like to have tiles added so you can "fade out to gravel" with grass tiles, when you make roads surrounded by grass etc.

We need floor tiles to do this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And we already have floor tiles to do this(so why not):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

V

Valas

I'm unsure if grass to mud tiles actually exist in a 'tile' form. I think the fade is done through a part of the terrain generation were two textures are faded into each other, rather than having tiles specifically for the job.

I doubt it would be too hard to implement though, just needs a few new tiles adding.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the reason that this can't be done is that those tiles don't exist as tiles. The terrain actually consists of texture maps...which are basically tiles, yes, but they stretch to fit the appropriate Z level mapped out. The tiles that are used in housing are part of the same item set tiles that the walls, objects, et cetera are a part of, and I don't believe that they have a complete set of the texture map tiles in them. Some crossed over, but for some reason others did not.

L

Liquid_Ape

I believe the reason that this can't be done is that those tiles don't exist as tiles. The terrain actually consists of texture maps...which are basically tiles, yes, but they stretch to fit the appropriate Z level mapped out. The tiles that are used in housing are part of the same item set tiles that the walls, objects, et cetera are a part of, and I don't believe that they have a complete set of the texture map tiles in them. Some crossed over, but for some reason others did not.

If only there were a group of artists and programmers somehow associated with UO that could work on this....

W

Woodsman

The tiles that are used in housing are part of the same item set tiles that the walls, objects, et cetera are a part of, and I don't believe that they have a complete set of the texture map tiles in them.
There's a nice thought for a booster pack - completing some of the tile sets on the housing designer.
If only there were a group of artists
You mean artist, because I'm pretty sure there is only one :lol: