• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Missing boat

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I logged on this morning and fished for 20 minutes - logged off.
Tonight logged on and I am not on my boat - my rune to my boat says it has been dry docked
The hold was full of fish and 4 quests of 6 lines or more so I am a little pi$$ed about that more than I am about the boat
Anyone know where it might be "dry docked"?
I still have the quests when I click on quests - just no boat - anyone????

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
have you been refreshing the boat by clicking on the rope

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
given what's been going on, if you remember the last location of your ship, try taking another ship (like one of the old style ones) and look for it where it last was.

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had that prob a while ago, not real sure but i was near a server line so maybe that is messing up the recall

I went to an area I thought my boat was at, in this case brit was the last place i remembered being, & then recalled to my ship & it worked...

The boat system seems so messed up lately :( its almost not worth having a ship anymore :(

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I went to the last place I remember - west of Skara and combed the waters and no ship - it has vanished into the Bermuda Triangle it seems.

Question - I still have all the quests on my gump when I open it - 4 of the 5 that are there I know were 6 liners (two were filled and heading to the floating emporium to turn in) - not sure about the value and I would like to fill them - but my best guess is there is absolutly no way without the original ship with the container on board

Is there any way of completing these fishing quests? I won't cancel them because they will hurt my reputation so I guess they will just sit there forever...

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When u went to skara, did u try recalling ot the boat?

If the boat sailed away, it might have hit new haven ( or ocollo if in fel) try them too. & if it was over far enough, it could have hit the floating imporium or a boat...

Id try those areas & see if u can recall to it then... Thats what happened to me, (so lets hope :) )

last resort, u could TRY to page a gm, just becareful how u word it.

imo if u cant find ur boat, not sure what u can do about ur quests :(

there are alot of bugs with boats atm. mine was they werent seeing my boat, which was right infront of them. so i had to place a small boat to hand in my order.. then i dry docked it & so far its working fine (crosses fingers)

hope it works out

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I tried to recall from everywhere that I had a rune and can't - ship must be gone

Now I can't get any new quests as I have all the old quests (5 of them) still on my gump - but if I cancel them I will lose my reputation (I am guessing as I did manage to pick up one 5 liner)

I have paged a GM but it has been 2 hours 30 minutes now and I have gone from 11 in cue to 9 (the last 2 hours I have been at 9) - at this rate the server will go down before I get to talk to anyone.

I am at the point I think I need to cancel the requests that are in my gump and start over...

Any last thoughts??

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:(

other than saying that 9 in que means nothign really... it used to mean u were that in line, then they took it off & ppl complained, so they put it back in to humor ppl, but its just a number now :(

the more i play it, the more i think fishing is just a big pita

B

Beastmaster

So I tried to recall from everywhere that I had a rune and can't - ship must be gone

Now I can't get any new quests as I have all the old quests (5 of them) still on my gump - but if I cancel them I will lose my reputation (I am guessing as I did manage to pick up one 5 liner)

I have paged a GM but it has been 2 hours 30 minutes now and I have gone from 11 in cue to 9 (the last 2 hours I have been at 9) - at this rate the server will go down before I get to talk to anyone.

I am at the point I think I need to cancel the requests that are in my gump and start over...

Any last thoughts??
Frodo,

The reputation loss will not be that great. Make a note of the items requested in each order. If you have an order with say 20 green catfish in it and you cancel it, your next green catfish order will be for 15. Its really your only option now. EA is not going to replace your ship with its crates.

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I am on my way to deliver my first fishing order - 10 Rock Crab

I bought another boat before doing that - set it in the water and the runes and boat were named the same as my old boat - and funny thing (maybe not so funny) is that standing on the dock with my boat in front of my I recall off the rune and it says boat can not be found...

So I bought a small dragon boat and will use that for a while to see if the "ghost ship" somehow disappears off my fisherman's account

Thanks for the adivce all
Frodo

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Same thing happened to me. Boat just disappeared. :(
I dont know what all I lost either. I had plenty of stuff in the hold.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This just happened to me! I was on the boat just above Skara waters (in the Britain server area)..I recalled to britain to get a quest. When I tried to recall back it could not locate my ship. Fortunately I was able to locate it using an old style ship but even standing next to it on the docks the recall rune does not work. I got the quest though.

I had just relaunched my boat this morning. It has been on the water for at least a couple of months with no problem If I dry dock it and relaunch, will this problem go away or will I always have to take coordinates before I recall from my ship!!! *frowns*

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is the same place mine disappeared - I have dry-docked all of my ships and I am going to wait a week before I do any more fishing other than dungeon or off land
At least you found yours - I think I would keep coordiantes or drive the ships as close as you can each and every time
Bermuda Triangle exists somewhere west of Skara...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That is the same place mine disappeared - I have dry-docked all of my ships and I am going to wait a week before I do any more fishing other than dungeon or off land
At least you found yours - I think I would keep coordiantes or drive the ships as close as you can each and every time
Bermuda Triangle exists somewhere west of Skara...
Isn't that obvious? Half the SOS in the game are located in the waters between Skara & Shame...

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My boat went missing again (west of Ice Island this time). So I located it, returned to shore and unloaded it. I went through my pack and bank and removed all the ship runes I had. When I relaunched the boat I did not get a new ship rune. Aren't I supposed to get a new rune every time the boat is launched (like the key on the old ships)??

So I picked up one of the old ones thinking maybe it gets updated and relaunched the boat again...however the rune still does not work.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every time you got new pair of runes, all older become invalid and shall not work.
Only fresh runes useable.

I have 20 old runes with unknown owner and name.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I can tell I do not receive a new rune when I relaunch. I had 2 sets and I removed both of them from my bank and backpack. I am going to try it again tomorrow with an empty pack. I certainly can't be dragging two ships around with me everywhere! *laughs*

EDIT: I relaunched with an empty pack and I do not get new runes! Is my ship doomed???? *frowns*

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I relaunch my boat I am not getting new runes - I have pulled my boat and I am going to wait a week before re-launching and see if something will reset *fingers crossed*

T

Tazar

Any mage can cast "Mark" on a blank rune while standing on the boat and you'll have a new boat rune. :) You can make as many as you need.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any mage can cast "Mark" on a blank rune while standing on the boat and you'll have a new boat rune. :) You can make as many as you need.

:thumbup: Wow I didnt know that! It never even occurred to me to try *laughs* Thanks!

C

Caldwin_DDP

My Britania ship has disappeared and I can't find it. If that's not bothersome enough, I must really be bugged because I can't mark on a boat.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to hear that *frowns* I was able to mark a rune and it works but the ship is still at the shore. I haven't recalled off of it out at sea yet..so who knows if it is a permanent solution. I don't think you can mark on the old ships though (although I have never tried to)

Have you tried calling a GM to help you locate the ship?

T

Tazar

I have recalled to a boat with a rune that I marked on the ship while the ship is at shore, at the fish-market, after crossing server lines, and even while the boat is moving.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible for a guild member or some stray pirate hunter crewmember that you friended to boat, can recall back later and sail your boat to 1 square of an orc pirate and then recall home, leaving your ship to be sunk?

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aoLOLita, The ship can be scuttled but it will still be floating. Recalling to the boat will still work while scuttled. There were some posts when this booster came out that mentioned that if your boat was sailed to T2A via the serpant pillars that you could not recall to it. I think I saw that.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I logged in this morning to find my ship gone. I know it was refreshed, because I refresh mine and my wifes ship at the sametime, and I did this on Friday morning.

I went to the spot where my ship was it just wasn't there.

I logged on the character that was logged out on the boat and she was on shore.

awesome.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something fishy is definitely going on! *frowns* My problem seems to be fixed so far but I have been leaving my ship at sea. If they are not refreshing properly, I am not so sure it is wise to leave it out. But if I dry dock it again, I may go back to the original problem! Fishing is driving me crazy!!!!! GAH! :wall:

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My ship has also just vanished. Fishing on it near Moonglow, recalled home, went to recall back and rune didn't work.. Sailed on another boat to where I left it and it's gone! :(

C

catship

i did the rework with my ship and teh runes did not work, page a gm
he said to mark over the old runes
i did the on my ships on 2 other shards and it worked