• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Missing bag of soul stones

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had all my crafting skills on them for one character. I searched all my bank boxes and character inventories. GONE. The hell with this stupid game.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used the keyword search function on my char's bank boxes. Searched for "SOUL" and nothing came up. Then I killed each character in Fel, logged back in and searched one char's bank box manually and there they were...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used the keyword search function on my char's bank boxes. Searched for "SOUL" and nothing came up. Then I killed each character in Fel, logged back in and searched one char's bank box manually and there they were...
Is this CRAFTER on LS?

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm happy you found them, must be obviously a glitch. But what eludes me, and perhaps you wouldn't mint to explain to me:

why killing your chars in Feluca help, what is the effect or mechanics of such action? . Thanks!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm happy you found them, must be obviously a glitch. But what eludes me, and perhaps you wouldn't mint to explain to me:

why killing your chars in Feluca help, what is the effect or mechanics of such action? . Thanks!
Suiciding your character is UO's equivalent of rebooting your PC. It fixes all kinds of things. As far as doing it in Fel vs elsewhere, I have no idea.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Haveing him killed reset the backpack. All items came to front of bag

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
but why kill all of his characters?
and why in fel?

is this like one of those ".... on new moon of the third month stand behind the red barn while facing east at midnight!"

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and why in fel?

is this like one of those ".... on new moon of the third month stand behind the red barn while facing east at midnight!"
if a monster killed him there a chance something can be looted. if a player or his other char did it then there no chance at losing a item. I sometimes kill my own chars to test out items on. sometimes there could be a item that is invisible on you but when you die it shows.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and why in fel?

Sounds like they were not sure which char the bag would be on. Having said that, yeah, I am not sure if killing you char does a blessed thing. But since we have no other means of fixing glitches, might as well kill a char. Of course, it is best done on new moon of the third month stand behind the red barn while facing east at midnight.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds like the Graphical glitches of the EC. i find the easiest way to fix it is to change the view of the bag vs killing your character. for whatever reason things tend to disappear when you close a bag while the "loot all" function is in progress. that causes it for me quite often. other than that it's a quirk of the client.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are using pinco AI since the new update you need to stretch open the containers to see the full content. I will see if he can look at it

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't want to wait for a poison potion to do the job. I went there, looted a corpse and stood still in a group of player while grey til someone killed me. If the stones were in a bag, they'd default to the main backpack when I loot myself. It was funny. I didn't try to fight back, was in full armor, and it took some fellas a lot of hits to PK me. No, I"m not crafter.

In EC, there's a button that looks like a magnifying glass on containers. Click that and it searches the names of items for you.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Suiciding your character is UO's equivalent of rebooting your PC. It fixes all kinds of things. As far as doing it in Fel vs elsewhere, I have no idea.
You can also reboot your char by deleting your char file on your hard drive which downloads your char file from the UO server.