• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Miss Siege 2012 - Sign-up thread

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the sign-up thread for an event which is to be held on Saturday 15th December at 3pm Eastern [8pm UK]. Registration will remain open for a couple of weeks. Details of event location, etc., will come later.

Yes ladies, once again it is time to sharpen those nails, spread the malicious gossip about your neighbours, and polish up those lovely poisoned apples; December will see the 2012 running of the Miss Siege beauty pageant where we look to find the most desirable lady on the shard. Those who enter will be assessed in four different areas and she who finishes with the highest score will be crowned Miss Siege 2012. And just as last year, we will be bringing in independent judges from outside the shard with a mixture of 2d and EC clients.

The contestants will be judged in the following categories, although should there be a high number of entries it may become necessary to have elimination after the first one or two rounds:

Evening wear - Like all ladies, those on Siege will want to look as glamorous as possible when needed. Here the contestants will be judged on overall appearance in their finest clothing including coordination of colours and accessories.

Talent show - One cannot rely solely on looks to survive here on Siege; every lady must be able to earn a living in some other way. Each contestant will be given two to three minutes [time to be decided once entry list is finalized] to demonstrate some talent, be it dancing, telling jokes, poetry, animal training, feats of magic, or whatever. Judges will be looking at the overall competence and originality of the display.

Combat wear - Every lady on Siege must be able to defend herself when needed. Here the judges will be looking for those that can appear both fearsome and glamorous at the same time; Beauty and the Beast indeed.

Personality - If all else fails, a lady can always try charming her way out of a sticky situation. Every contestant will be asked questions by the judges. Scores will be based on clarity of speech (that is spelling & punctuation, with allowances made if English is not a first language), humour and cheesiness of answers!

Prizes for the event will once again be furnished by our main sponsor Max Painfactor, Sosaria's largest cosmetics company, but sadly there is no New Magincia plot to give away this year. An appeal has been made to the Gods to provide commemorative clothing for those that take part, but these will probably not be forthcoming.

Entry Requirements:
Characters must pre-register to enter. To do so, please post here with your character name and your current title (the area, place or institution that you will be representing). Acceptable titles are your guild (e.g. Miss Arrr, Miss NEW2); a player or NPC town which you live near, frequent or have some connection to (e.g. Miss Vesper, Miss Barter Town); or an area/dungeon/island that you live near, frequent or have some affinity for (e.g. Miss Despise, Miss Twisted Weald, Miss Marble Island). Gilfane members may also use their House name (e.g. Miss Silvanus, Miss Vernia). Titles must be unique, so you may not choose one which has already been taken.

Good luck!

Current Entry List:
Lady Raja - Miss Serpent's Hold​
Ladra - Miss Barter Town​
Luka Melehan - Miss Zento​
Freja -Miss Safe Haven​
Leawyn II - Miss Vorrak​
Captain America - Miss Vesper​
Branwyn of Errol - Miss Silverwood
Ariana - Miss Dagger Isle
Tanager - Miss Heartwood

Last edited:

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an additional note for all newcomers to the shard: being a Siege Vet is not a prerequisite for success here. Last a year a member of NEW came second in the contest and actually won the New Mag house after the winner had declined to take it.

Lady Raja

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
This is my official pre-register entry...

My character name is: Lady Raja

My title will be: Miss Pixie Princess... If that is not acceptable, I will choose Miss Serpent's Hold...

I look forward to this event! :D

:mylittlepony: Thanks!

P.S.
Thank you Hoffs and other supporters of this event... If I can do anything to help, please let me know. :)

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Serious question - Is this female characters only? What if I poly morph? Is that acceptable?

Famine

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Siege!

In an effort to support this great annual holiday event, The Siege Perilous Museums has donated 10 themed prizes!

The top 10 contestants will be able to select any one (1) of the following items. Selection will be in order of placement starting with 1st place and ending with the 10th place.

Museum Prize List:

Someone we know on this shard LOVES purple ... wounder if she has what it takes to take home this glam packed Spellbook?!
1. Spell Book, Blessed (Rare Sigil Hued Color, no longer attainable)

Think your foxy enough for this prize? Step on stage and find out!
2. A Whispering Rose From Foxy, Blessed (a Valentines gift from Feb 2000)

Stuck in the garden but thinking of strutting your stuff on stage?! Sign-up and bring this little fella home with you!
3. Flowerpot (aka potted plant - a Holiday item from December 1999)

Thinking of showing the shard your inner beauty? Place in the top 10 and be proud of that facial hair!
4. Special Beard Dye, Blessed (very rare, from Clean Up Britannia 1999, allows you to dye beard neon colors)

Like to "bring your bling" onto the battle field? Enter and have a chance at winning this blessed ruby colored bracelet!
5. Bracelet, Blessed - Ruby Color, named "Holiday Timepiece: With Love, Pyrite And Stark Naked 2003"

Who needs a MAN to buy you a ring when you can win this dazzling beauty!
6. Ring - named "1000 Diamonds Weddingband" (newbi blessed)

Want to show off that 'Animal Spirit'?! Get on the list to win a this fantastic evening hat!
7. A Deer Mask, Blessed(Blessed) (double blessed, pre-patch evil hued / can be worn by anyone)

Got more than looks? ... show siege there is some muscle behind your hustle by winning this 98 Stone Necklace!
8. Rubble Necklace (98 Stones)

Aww... who wants a cute fluffy, cuddly little friend? Register today so you can give this little guy a hug!
9. Stuffy Bear, Blessed (rare white color, blessed, restores stamina and gives message when clicked) INFO: www.uoguide.com/Stuffy_Animal

Not only was Ibichi a good friend to many of us, but she was a lass with class. Take home this gift (blessed) with love.
10. A Candle Blessed By Love For Ibichi, Blessed (can wield it like a lantern, tuns on and off) INFO: www.uoguide.com/The_Candle_of_Love

Famine
Siege Perilous Museum

Last edited:

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ack!
The prizes... All blessed... But so shiny...
What to do, what to do... *ponders*

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Serious question - Is this female characters only? What if I poly morph? Is that acceptable?
Technically it is female characters only, but one token, er, transgendered person will probably go overlooked by the organizers (last year was King Ed). But you need a title that meets the requirements.

Last edited:

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is my pre-register

Character name is Alexus
Title Miss Skara Brae

Blaeke

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROFLMAO! :lol: Love it, Famine!

Hello Siege!

In an effort to support this great annual holiday event, The Siege Perilous Museums has donated ...

Thinking of showing the shard your inner beauty? Place in the top 10 and be proud of that facial hair!
4. Special Beard Dye, Blessed (very rare, from Clean Up Britannia 1999, 10,000 ticket item, allows you to dye beard neon colors)
Famine
Siege Perilous Museum

Last edited:

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And the organizers would like to thank The Malnourished Corporation for their generous support.

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Siege!

Someone we know on this shard LOVES purple ... wounder if she has what it takes to take home this glam packed Spellbook?!
1. Spell Book, Blessed (Rare Sigil Hued Color, no longer attainable)

Famine
Siege Perilous Museum

Yeah she loves purple, but I am not sure if the contest would be pirate fiendy :-(

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah she loves purple, but I am not sure if the contest would be pirate fiendy :-(
As was the case last year, the judges for this contest are completely independent and are well-known Ultima personalities either on their own shards and/or in the UO media. The organizers will leave the decisions entirely to them and will venture no opinions, even if they have any, on those being judged. The only thing that will count in the eyes of the judges is the entrants' performance/appearance on the day. The results from last year were known to myself only minutes before being announced to the public and I was as clueless about what they would be as anybody else.

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As was the case last year, the judges for this contest are completely independent and are well-known Ultima personalities either on their own shards and/or in the UO media. The organizers will leave the decisions entirely to them and will venture no opinions, even if they have any, on those being judged. The only thing that will count in the eyes of the judges is the entrants' performance/appearance on the day. The results from last year were known to myself only minutes before being announced to the public and I was as clueless about what they would be as anybody else.
So you as organizer are certifying that the judges are 100% independant of siege influence? just curious

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you as organizer are certifying that the judges are 100% independant of siege influence? just curious
Hopefully so, as much as I can. There is a judge from last year I would dearly love to being back both as an extra judge and to have some continuity from last year. But he has since developed a character here and even though he is not involved with anyone on the shard likely to enter or has any interest in shard politics, I fear there will be moans from some quarters (depending on the result) if I do so.

But this is just a fun RP event. There are no hidden agendas here. I really could care less who wins as long as people enjoy it and it brings some publicity to the shard, as did last year's. Indeed, just as when I was shard EM, I would much prefer other people won the prizes rather than those who were in my guild.

Delores Duende

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Ill be there to hand over the crown to the new Miss Siege. I may not be Miss Siege anymore but one thing I am keeping is the boat name. Miss Siege. Sara Dale

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh the fame! The glory! And the loot, oh my god, the LOOT!
No way I can let one of you train wrecks claim my title. Never heard one you described as cute in gen chat. Happens to me all the time. ^^

So here I am, making my registration:

Ladra
Miss Barter Town

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Female Gargoyle Podolak: "Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?"

Mirror: "It is you Female Gargoyle Podolak, you are the fairest of them all ever since Snow White went to an ABC special and is now in "Story Brook" it doesn't count that is she temporarily stuck back in the fairytale land, just ignore that part"

Female Gargoyle Podolak: "Seriously? Gargoyles are totally fugly. You are broke mirror. *throws Soul Glaive of Mirror Slaugther, loud crash ensues*. Much better, muahaha"

Last edited:

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Miss Zento here and I swear on Righty's bones that lay in my yard, that I will not demand favorability from any of my staff friends who happen to be judges, even if they DO owe me!

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Future Miss Si... err, I mean Leawyn II signs up as Miss Vorrak.

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if that was an official entry, Podolak?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard........

Screws

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Saturday, 15th of December - 3PM (EST) - South of Luna in the soccer arena
What to bring:
-Your most unique clothing (dress, robe, sash, etc)
-Your most exotic mount
-Skills befitting a Lady of Siege
-A great personality
-Your finest and most unique set of gear that at one point or another would have been acceptable for a combat situation

Last edited:

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Saturday, 15th of December - 3PM (EST) - South of Luna in the soccer arena
What to bring:
-Your most unique clothing (dress, robe, sash, etc)
-Your most exotic mount
-Skills befitting a Lady of Siege
-A great personality
-Your finest and most unique set of gear that at one point or another would have been acceptable for a combat situation
So Bliss is co-hosting?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
didnt rumpy post a pic of garfield

that certainly looks like someone that wants the pickle juice!

Last edited:

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
didnt rumpy post a pic of garfield
that certainly looks like someone that wants the pickle juice!
Bo! I thought one of your characters is female. No? You should enter, too! You could be Miss Termur . . . .

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Bo plans on entering just didnt come up with crafty name yet.

Falon of Eldor

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please sign me up as follows:
Character name: Ariana
Title: Ms. Dagger Isle

(ps - do i have to be a miss?)

Last edited:

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you to all those who have entered. Sign-up will remain open until midnight Eastern on Wednesday.