• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Minor Artys

HOLLYWOOD_Siege

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello.

what is the best way to farm minor artys for this 2 newbie chars?

Here is My Char that i normaly pvm whit
Swords 97
bush 88
chiv 60
parry 82
SS 40 (a bit low will be 70 in a cppl of hours)
Tact 80
Necro 60

Edited: Forgot to say whit that dexxer temp i run in wraith form casting curse wepond

Necro/mage (my pvp temp)
100 mage
100 eval
100 medi
70 necro
70 SS
70 Wrest

V

Vyrquenox

Hello.

Swords 97
bush 88
chiv 60
parry 82
Tact 80

Necro/mage (my pvp temp)
100 mage
100 eval
100 medi
70 necro
70 SS
70 Wrest

----
well, for farming them (excluding 'treasure chest arties') you are looking for things you can handle without a clenched tooth stare and sweat on your keyboard and such. I would suggest paragons since it doesnt' seem much like you are set up to 'farm' miasma or swoop or the other ml bosses. Get a soulseeker on your dexxer and go to honesty gate, run north through the mountain pass (short 2 screen run) then east across the bridge. In the woods there along the road ettins spawn quite madly, and you should get paragons fairly often. Explore other scenarios where your mage may be able to EV and invis other spawn points. I've never really tried to 'farm' minor arties. They just happen.

btw if you are doing this in an attempt to get points, go after exodus overseers N through cave next to honor. by tents. 2 overseers equals one minor arty worth of points, as the power crystals they drop are 250 points each and they drop them all the time. I've farmed exodus minions in exodus dungeon, as they drop 2 quite often, but that sounds a bit much for the info you've given on characters. You would know what you can handle.

HOLLYWOOD_Siege

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i dont whant them for points i play siege and on siege some minor artys is realy worthfull, and ive been at that place whit my dexxer killing ettins gets pretty boring they are to east i kill them in about 2-3 hits whit soul seeker

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which kind of artifacts do you mean?

The term major/minor is, I would argue, outmoded. "Soul Seeker" is considered a minor artifact, yet a lot of people use it for some pretty high-end PvM.

Do you mean the Paragon Artifacts from Ilshenar? If so....well, it sounds like you're a dexer. I, as a dexer, have problems with the high-end paragons that can give you the best arti drop rate.

Maybe others are better than I and can solo, say, a paragon balron or a paragon succubus. But I, personally, can't.

-Galen's player

C

Connor_Graham

Your meleer looks like he should be able to handle Cyclopian Warriors, and possibly Titans, which both have a decent drop rate of both paragon chests and minor arties. The best place in Ilsh for them is out the Honesty moongate, then hang a right. There is a cave/dungeon entrance on the other side of the river. As soon as you go inside there are a bunch of Cyclops, along with Ettins and a couple of Titans that spawn in there. If you get a paragon, the tunnel that leads from the entrance to the main area is a great place to do your running around in. The mage could probably take Miasma fairly easily, but you'd have to cast your EV's in the entrance area, then run in and lure Miasma out, if for nothing else than to have a place that you can have the time to loot before the next one spawns. Miasma spawn pretty fast, and you never have time to loot the whole corpse before another appears.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i mean paragon artys and i wont change my temp to a tamer.
I am told that the "Samurai Vampire" template, very similar to the warrior template you already have, is very good for high-level PvM.

I'll leave it to others to fill in the details.

I suspect that even if they nerf this template, the most they'll do is nerf the ability to turn into Vampire form using items, then drop your Necromancy back down and remain in the form. You appear to have necromancy as a part of your template full-time, and thus this ain't a concern for you.

First obviously.....Before you turn your swordsman into a Paragon hunter, max it out. Grind your way up as far as you can go.

Then....Get your best gear, make sure it's insured, go into Vampire (and not Wraith) form, and try a paragon balron near the Chaos Shrine. See how it goes!

-Galen's player

V

Vyrquenox

i mean paragon artys and i wont change my temp to a tamerI am told that the "Samurai Vampire" template, very similar to the warrior template you already have, is very good for high-level PvM.

I'll leave it to others to fill in the details.

I suspect that even if they nerf this template, the most they'll do is nerf the ability to turn into Vampire form using items, then drop your Necromancy back down and remain in the form. You appear to have necromancy as a part of your template full-time, and thus this ain't a concern for you.

First obviously.....Before you turn your swordsman into a Paragon hunter, max it out. Grind your way up as far as you can go..

Sorry Galen, good idea, but he is saying Siege. Getting to vamp form in siege is a whole nother ballgame, then you have to have the special little jewels and armors to counterbalance the fire resist and skills and all that. He can't insure but one thing. Connors extension of my idea (further past the ettins to the cyclops) is the best I can offer as well.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry Galen, good idea, but he is saying Siege. Getting to vamp form in siege is a whole nother ballgame, then you have to have the special little jewels and armors to counterbalance the fire resist and skills and all that. He can't insure but one thing. Connors extension of my idea (further past the ettins to the cyclops) is the best I can offer as well.
If he's exclusively playing Siege, why didn't he say so in his post?

Yes, the word Siege is in his name....But frankly I don't look at the names, and tend to rely upon the actual text of the post. I only saw the name now because I couldn't find where he said in the text of his post that he had said Siege.

If I missed that, I apologize....But then I ask why he posted on a forum of general interest.

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There you go; sorry.

However, in fairness to myself, here is your original post, to which I was responding,

Hello.

Swords 97
bush 88
chiv 60
parry 82
Tact 80
Necro 60

Edited: Forgot to say whit that dexxer temp i run in wraith form casting curse wepond

Necro/mage (my pvp temp)
100 mage
100 eval
100 medi
70 necro
70 SS
70 Wrest
and I see no mention there of Siege.

Why post in a Forum of general interest something that relates, exclusively, to a particular shard? And then only say so after you've already gotten a reply?

-Galen's player

M

Mechanic

stop posting in UHall people hate us here, you will get nothing but grief after they find out you are the dirty cousin, now listen

red mages, quantity over quality, they spawn fast and you can kill them just as fast so you get more paragons,

as far as luck, a little luck is just as good as none

If I find you holding arties I will take a count to get them. I like to stay overloaded, insta-bank(clever use of game mechanics)

if you run back to the bank when full of gold you can pull 15k every 15 minutes and 1 minor every hour off red mages, this is what I do,
BUT it seems all I get is the lolo lute and the mage bracelet thing

now get out there , watch your back, and for gods sakes quit using the word F*** in vent , LOL

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It may be a bit below your level, but you could also try outside Compassion.
Ratman archers, Ratman mages and Brigands. More of an open area too so you would have more space to manuever if need be.

North of Spirituality there is the Harpy nest area. Good for Stone Harpies, and regulars. Farm a few feathers too.

Westish coming out of Spirit there are the Rats isnt' it? in that village type thing. More spawn there is the more chance of a para showing up.

The Titans, Cyclops and Ettins is a good spot. But it is a bit closed in if company shows up.

Arties are pretty much a shard wide thing. Only his reason for wanting them perhaps is shard specific.

C

Calibretto

Hello.

Swords 97
bush 88
chiv 60
parry 82
Tact 80
Necro 60

Necro/mage (my pvp temp)
100 mage
100 eval
100 medi
70 necro
70 SS
70 Wrest

First off bro, post in our forums. Most of these guys will treat you like **** because you play Siege. The arties your after the most are dropped by the named monster ie. Swoop, Gnaw, Coil, those creatures. Your after fey legs, aegis of grace , totem of the void. (I assume). Your best bet on a dexxer would be to lure everything out of Gnaws cave and try to kill him. They made swoop much harder, so he'd probably tear you a new one. With just a small amount of luck you should get plenty or arties off Gnaw.

If your after Heart of the lion (which is harder to get) I'd go to ish and kill demons or lich lords somewhere, the paragons drop the hearts.
You'll get 300k a piece for human fey's, totems and hearts so it's worth your time.

C

Calibretto

It may be a bit below your level, but you could also try outside Compassion.
Ratman archers, Ratman mages and Brigands. More of an open area too so you would have more space to manuever if need be.

North of Spirituality there is the Harpy nest area. Good for Stone Harpies, and regulars. Farm a few feathers too.

Westish coming out of Spirit there are the Rats isnt' it? in that village type thing. More spawn there is the more chance of a para showing up.

The Titans, Cyclops and Ettins is a good spot. But it is a bit closed in if company shows up.

Arties are pretty much a shard wide thing. Only his reason for wanting them perhaps is shard specific.

Yeah he's after the Totem of the void and Defense chance items. They sell really well on Siege seeing as how when we die we lose it all. So those items are in high demand.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks guys realy nice. and nope i wont post here any more :bored:
Just like everything and everyone on these forums you can't believe everything you read.

I rather take offense at the comment about Uhall hating Siege. This is not true in any way, shape or form. Siege poster trying to martyr themselves is quite unbecoming.

There are many reason people post against Siege posts and everyone damn well knows why. 1 out of 5 posts that have nothing to do with Siege have a "This is not on Siege" or "Come to Siege" in them. Numerous posts about how the other shards are easy or how people don't know what UO is meant to be. The holier than thou attitude. Ad nauseum.

For the record Hollywood there are plenty of people here that actually play Siege but don't care for it's clicky community that is so great.

As for your question: My favorite way to farm arties is to grab a couple mage friends and head down to blood dungeon and kill succubus paras. Throw down a batch of EV's and collect the artis. There is no disadvantage to have others with you. With paras everyone can get their artis from the same para.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Just like everything and everyone on these forums you can't believe everything you read.

I rather take offense at the comment about Uhall hating Siege. This is not true in any way, shape or form. Siege poster trying to martyr themselves is quite unbecoming.

There are many reason people post against Siege posts and everyone damn well knows why. 1 out of 5 posts that have nothing to do with Siege have a "This is not on Siege" or "Come to Siege" in them. Numerous posts about how the other shards are easy or how people don't know what UO is meant to be. The holier than thou attitude. Ad nauseum.

For the record Hollywood there are plenty of people here that actually play Siege but don't care for it's clicky community that is so great.

As for your question: My favorite way to farm arties is to grab a couple mage friends and head down to blood dungeon and kill succubus paras. Throw down a batch of EV's and collect the artis. There is no disadvantage to have others with you. With paras everyone can get their artis from the same para.
What he said... Besides. They love me here!:hug: