• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mining rune library

H

Hariss

I have been reading here about rune libraries and I am wondering if anyone on Sonoma knows of a public rune library that has mining spots? Thanks.

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With ore being completey random now on spawning, I would think a mining rune library is useless.

L

Lord Drakelord

I have been reading here about rune libraries and I am wondering if anyone on Sonoma knows of a public rune library that has mining spots? Thanks.
As Wolfie said above you will fine that mining spots will all be random, but before the big change there was a really great library on Tokuno, just outside the city walls.

Just went by there and it seems they closed the doors on that project when they nerfed mining locations. Sad that has happen today, when I needed ore for certain project I would hit locations like that, today I go shopping in Luna. I have not gone mining now in months as there is no way I can compete with the 24/7 script miners today.

H

Hariss

Ouch. That must make it hard to get particular ore to fill bods and also must make training that much harder. That's too bad.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mostly folks i know strip mine caves now and hope for the best. The rune lib Concept is dead for things like that.
use the Prospectors Tool when you hit a nice vein, or if your a good mage use the Gargoyles Pickaxe in the same manner...

Also you might consider some ant lions. These give low end ore but are pretty easy to kill in mass... Double your ore in fel so may be the ant lions there double up too hehe...

GL
SS

B

bosskram

They did the same thing to lumberjacking. And its almost impossable to ge the high end ore and lumber. So as said before just strip mine a cave and hope for the best.

L

Lord Drakelord

The one thing that pissed me off the most about the random mining is we used to make stone items for our vendors, tables, chairs etc.. Today we don't make stone items any more even in deco unless it something we need ourself and then it takes us all day to get the right stones we wanted for the object.

E

EmpChamp

I believe the Trinsic rune Lib still has a set of books. They are still usefull for getting to the caves and you can even use those spots to mine. You will just pull random ore instead of what color the rune says. You can pull every color from any spot just depends whats spawning when you dig. I use multiple books (5+) and pull plenty of all colors even verite and val.....but it does take a much longer time to cycle through all the books.