• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mining question

A

Atlantian

Has anyone noticed that when you hit a good vein (the higher end ore) that it lasts for a few hours? Or have I just been lucky lately?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ever since the big mining change, any time that I mine in Cove Fel, whatever the vein distribution is when I mine the first run is what it stays for that day. Sometimes a few veins will remain the same in following days, but usually, it changes basically from day to day, not spawn to spawn.

As a contrast, Covetous mountain in Trammel where my cabin is located seems to change more often, generally a vein or two every spawn or so.

It's odd.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not as random as they would lead you to believe. I frequent the same spots and 9/10 times, i get the same high end resource from the same spot. Every now and then it will change to something else but it always comes back. Most people see the change and get discouraged but if you are persistant it will always come back. On that same note, low end resource spots never change into high end spots.

B

blust4

Has anyone noticed that when you hit a good vein (the higher end ore) that it lasts for a few hours? Or have I just been lucky lately?
Sometimes it lasted not just for hours, but for weeks. I think it really depends on how many ppl mining on this vein. Once it is exhausted, the system will reset and randomly choose another type.

G

Gwendar-SP

Seems very random. I found a frostwood - lasted two rounds. Vound bloodwood - one round of chopping *sigh*. The area I mine popped a val that lasted a while. Last I looked it had a val and two verite that are still running.
I have a heartwood that has been around for some time. Mining isn't bad - got prospector tools and gargoyle pickaxes. Wood is such a royal pain that I hate to even try.

A

Aboo

Wish I could say that I knew what you say is true but since they changed it I quit mining and chopping. Irritates me that I spent a LONG time getting both my miner and lumberjack spots so that when they needed particular colors they could actually have a chance of getting it and they yanked it all away. I refused to devote even more time to it.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as it isnt completly mined out, it will last forever.