• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mining/lumberjacking a solution?

Merth

Journeyman
First let me say I dont know how to code so I dunno if this could work or if it can be exploited by scriptors.

What do yall think about having random spawns while mining/lumberjacking similiar to ore elementals?

My idea would be a different creature like an ore imp or a wood sprite. These creatures would spawn randomly (pretty frequently).

They would do no damage however upon spawning they would immediately paralyze the gatherer. Gatherer would have to utter a word or phrase which would cause creature to present a riddle. Random chance of 3 with known responses however the wrong response would cause the cycle to start over. Correct response would cause creature to die with a lootable corpse with random resources of the type (mining or jacking). 2 wrong responses causes a despawn. No response causes an infinite loop of paralyze.

Lots of options to make gathering fun again. Could have rewards appear in form of make a selection as well. Could have a new drop similiar to blackrock chunks which could be turned in for points giving gatherers a chance at something new or hard for them to get otherwise. PS’s could be a possibilty with enough points.

Anyways thoughts?

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like a reasonable idea although I too don't understand scripting enough. If nothing else it might make gathering resources more fun for the average player

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Reasonable idea but the scripters would easily be able to answer the riddle... best would be if they used some sort of thing like they do on many sites that say "I'm not a robot" etc... to fix that.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Making in-game actions more complex does not deter scripters, it tends to work in their favour.

Stopping scripters permanently requires a strike at source, that is to say detection of the third party programs which will never happen.

But I am all for making gathering a bit more interesting.

As of right now I just buy ingots from NPC vendors and use elixirs of conversion to get the ingots I need or go farm Shadow/Gold elementals with a hybrid Dexxer/Miner. I can't remember the last time any of my Miners swung a pickaxe in anger!

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First let me say I dont know how to code so I dunno if this could work or if it can be exploited by scriptors.

What do yall think about having random spawns while mining/lumberjacking similiar to ore elementals?

My idea would be a different creature like an ore imp or a wood sprite. These creatures would spawn randomly (pretty frequently).

They would do no damage however upon spawning they would immediately paralyze the gatherer. Gatherer would have to utter a word or phrase which would cause creature to present a riddle. Random chance of 3 with known responses however the wrong response would cause the cycle to start over. Correct response would cause creature to die with a lootable corpse with random resources of the type (mining or jacking). 2 wrong responses causes a despawn. No response causes an infinite loop of paralyze.

Lots of options to make gathering fun again. Could have rewards appear in form of make a selection as well. Could have a new drop similiar to blackrock chunks which could be turned in for points giving gatherers a chance at something new or hard for them to get otherwise. PS’s could be a possibilty with enough points.

Anyways thoughts?
Way too much coding to add content for like 5 people.

I'd prefer the limited coding we have available fix obviously broken things in the game that need attention. Lumberjacking is fine as it is. Whack trees, collect wood, go back to crafting.