• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

mining/jacking, does luck help??

T

Toptwo

Hi All,

I looked here and can't see if/when this has been asked before. I am sure it prolly has, but I just don't see it.

Can anybody tell me if wearing a "luck suit" while mining, or lumberjacking helps at all?? Possibly in finding higher grade ore, or in smelting the higher grade ore.

Thanks!

G

As far as I know luck has no effect, but being elf vs. human does affect it. Humans get more per harvest, elves get a better chance of getting a rare resource. Also wearing +3 & +5 mining skill bonus gloves at GM does seem to help somewhat in smelting success, even though our real skill cap for mining is 100.

-Skylark

B

Babble

No, but sacrificing your old mouse to honor the computer gods and the random generator spirits helps!

G

<blockquote><hr>

No, but sacrificing your old mouse to honor the computer gods and the random generator spirits helps!

[/ QUOTE ]

Pffft, silly Babble! The RNG spirits are not impressed nor influenced by offerings of old mouse...they expect expensive fresh equipment sacrifices, accept them, and then still laugh at us.

-Skylark

G

Izzat why I can have enormous in-guardzone Valorite strikes? Like 20+ large in a vein and 3-5 veins in the area? Must be my NEW monitor, G15 keyboard and mouse. Mebbe? Or just flippin' lucky?