• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mibs

mihali

Sage
Can anyone else confirm the rate of getting mibs from sea monsters dredged up has dropped a lot recently? I doubt that it is rng hating me alone, Dredging hooks are a decent way to gather maps/mibs but they slowed them? Also any other ways toi get mibs prior to the release of the event on production? Dredging hooks, i know sos fishing will yield more mibs also thungting. Any other devices? Tyvm.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went and dropped 50 hooks for a test and got 2 ropes, 11 MIB's and about 15 T-Maps. you may want to try a different character to see if your results improve.

1712839202476.png

Destiny<3

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I get a lot of mibs from my aquariums, once you get it full and happy you can get 1 every other day. Also I get a lot of mibs from fishing nets when I pull krakens up, it's usually like a 70% chance. You can also go buy salvage hooks (Hepler Paulson at The Sons of the Sea in Trinsic) if you don't have fishing nets, but sometimes no monsters will come up with those.

FishinFool

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
They've always been super streaky. I've had days where I got a dozen or more and other where I got 5 serpents in a row with nothing at all but base loot.

I'm sitting on a about 400 I need to sort out for this event, not looking forward to that

mihali

Sage
I went and dropped 50 hooks for a test and got 2 ropes, 11 MIB's and about 15 T-Maps. you may want to try a different character to see if your results improve.

View attachment 153423
Thats an awesome idea: Been doing it with my gargie fisherman 107 fishing. Will move fishing to the death ray tamer and see what happens (Elf). He is scrolled to 110 fishing so well see what happens. Just used to be more from sea monsters in the past, prior to this event approaching. Ill try not to use the few nets I got, will try them with the event so may a hat or two. Will try to hoard on mins/maps.

For the T-Hunting maps will have to trade fishing out for ? Remove Trap? or ? Mapmaking? its been a while.

Appreciate the feedback also, looks like I am not alone, I should not be too cheap, and go ahead and buy the hooks though a tiny bit pricey.

FishinFool

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Does luck have any impact on mibs gathering?
From my experience, no. I think it can effect the quality of the chest fished up from the mib and it's contents, that's all.

What I have had success with is continuing to fish the 8x8 square you got a serpent from, frequently you'll get a second. I've even gotten a third a few times. This is easier with using an 8x8 grid on your map.