• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MIB UPDATES!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Message in a Bottle Revamp
New Items to Fish Up:

Fish Heads
Oars
Unfinished table legs
Unfinished Chest of Drawers

New Message in a Bottle Chest items:

Loot at higher levels improved
Gold 10K per level of chest
Grape Vines
Large Fishing Nets
Bronzed Armor of the Valkyrie (female leather Bustier)
Anique Wedding Dress
Runed Driftwood Bow
Enchanted Kelp Woven Leggings
Treasure Map (Random Level)

Runed Driftwood Bow:
40% Hit Lighting
40% Hit Lower Defense
30% Swing Speed Increase
50% Damage Increase
15% Lower Ammo Cost

Enchanted Kelp Woven Leggings:
Casting Focus 4%
HP +5
Mana +8
Spell Damage Increase 8%
Lower Reagent Cost 15
Mana Regeneration 2
Physical: 5
Fire: 13
Cold: 12
Poison: 8
Energy: 14 

Bronzed Armor of the Valkyrie:
HP +5
STR + 5
DEX + 5
Stam + 5
LMC 10%
Stam Regen + 3
Physical 11%
Fire 14%
Cold 8%
Poison 11%
Energy 8%

Small chance to pull up a ship StrongBox instead of a MIB Chest

Strong Box Contains:

10Kgold per difficulty level
Regular Gems 20 per level
Big Gems (Difficulty *5 + random 0-4)
Gold or Copper Ingots

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought ML ingredients were going to be added in the fishing chests revamp !!

Instead, I read :

Small chance to pull up a ship StrongBox instead of a MIB Chest

* Strong Box Contains:
10Kgold per difficulty level
Regular Gems 20 per level
Big Gems (Difficulty *5 + random 0-4)
Gold or Copper Ingots
Where are the ML ingredients that I understood were coming with the fishing chests revamp ??

L

Lokida

Just fished up MiB after the patch and 1k in gold and ton of crap nothing new.
Maybe they havn't released it yet? Amazing how I've seen so many people in the Luna Bank working on begging lately. Now I know why. Guess someone let the begger out of the bag? :)

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anybody know what the "difficulty level" of MIBs is? The old MIBs didn't have any levels.

S

SonnPrime

When you fish up a MIB, you would get 1k, 2k, 3k, or 4k money. That is likely what they mean by level. The 4k was for the ancient SoS, of course. So, I am assuming you now get 10k, 20k, 30k. or 40k, etc.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where are pictures? Do the large fishing nets work? Or are they deco only? (The same as from heritage tokens? if yes, we want small nets, too. *g*)#

[Yes, i know, we will have to wait 1 or 2 days before we see pictures of all those new items. But i am impatiently .... :D ]

Where are the ML ingredients that I understood were coming with the fishing chests revamp ??
I got told that those are already in. (Not shure, if they survived this improvement.) You can get strongboxes with some of them from ancient chest and when throwing out fabled fishing nets. One of those chests might spawn on the ground. (Dont know about plain fishing nets.)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
big gems? are the ML gems or the ones dropped by the crimson dragon? :/

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
big gems? are the ML gems or the ones dropped by the crimson dragon? :/
Thats how I read it, and if so, sort of lame imo ... they never keep things rare in this game lol

I'd rather have 50-stacks of normal gems

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I'm understanding this right the 'big gems' are the ML ingredient, the gems that also come from mining and are used to make the minor artifacts from the Mondain's Legacy expansion.

I don't remember reading a promise of ML ingredients in MiBs, can someone link me to where that is posted please?

G

Gowron

If I'm understanding this right the 'big gems' are the ML ingredient, the gems that also come from mining and are used to make the minor artifacts from the Mondain's Legacy expansion.

I don't remember reading a promise of ML ingredients in MiBs, can someone link me to where that is posted please?
I think popps made it up, because that has been a recurring desire of his since before SA was in Beta testing.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Gowron - no he didn't - and I want it as well (as did the majority of people responding to the poll we had on Craftsman forum). Some of us don't have the connection speed to solo peerless (hell, my alliance ends up with lag-induced total party kill about every 3rd Melisande, with 4-6 people present, half of which are tamers with fully trained greaters).

Petra, yes it was stated by a dev, between the time that the half-baked 68.3 Publish list was posted on stratics, and the full list of changes was posted. However, knowing the guys at Mythic (who think peerless are only done to get the ingredients, not for things like CCs - taken from Cal's own words at the town hall, where I asked him), they counted the ML gems as "ML ingredients".

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
New MIB items?

Be still my beating heart!!!!!!

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just got a Runed Driftwood Bow and Bronzed Armor of the Valkyrie in a level 3 chest. W00t.

Also fished up oars, a skullcap and table legs.

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First pics! Hopefully there'll be other 'grapevines' so that you can eventually build a complete structure. The oars were fished up, the vine was in the chest.
Yes there are other grapevines ....
I gave mine away so could not screenshot it.

I did 30 mibs today ... here the results:

Chest loot:
1 Top
4 Legs
4 Bows
1 Fishing Net
1 Antique Wedding Dress
1 Grapevine

Pre chest loot:
2 Table Legs
2 Oars
1 Fish Heads
1 Chest of Drawers

1 Ship's Strongbox
10k gold in it, I do not know yet if these also come in different levels.

A few treasure maps and fish nets also were fond in the chests.

The droprate sofar on chest loot seems like almost 50%. I am not so sure if I am happy with this or not.
One side is all can get these items cheap ... with this rate I imagine even seeing these items on the floor at banks.
(I have no clue if the bow is a good bow or not)
Other side is, it is less profitable or special for the Fishers.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm excited about the upgraded loot! I would suggest that the duplicated items be changed for something else though. The gold ingots are so similar to the gold bricks obtained from paragons, the copper ingots and rotted oars can be stolen in the Underworld, the large fish net can be obtained from heritage tokens and the chest of drawers was available as rubble loot during the Magencia quests. The other items are terrific and I thank the devs for their hard work.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice catch Umfufu. They said something about luck, were you wearing any luck or was it the luck of the RNG they were talking about?

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope no luck at all on gear

Well... just see 72 on fishing pole ... doubt that makes a difference..

I think the luck thing was in reference to salpeter mining.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice catch Umfufu. They said something about luck, were you wearing any luck or was it the luck of the RNG they were talking about?
Dont forget lucky sculptures for luck, especially since they have us doing dungeons now to get old anny items for new quest.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope no luck at all on gear

Well... just see 72 on fishing pole ... doubt that makes a difference..

I think the luck thing was in reference to salpeter mining.
TY for the reply. I have 50+ MIBs from all the fishing lately. LOL Guess I will spend the day doing these and see what I get.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow all that from only 30 MiBs. I'm going to have to go kick the RNG.

G

Gowron

Gowron - no he didn't - and I want it as well (as did the majority of people responding to the poll we had on Craftsman forum). Some of us don't have the connection speed to solo peerless (hell, my alliance ends up with lag-induced total party kill about every 3rd Melisande, with 4-6 people present, half of which are tamers with fully trained greaters).

Petra, yes it was stated by a dev, between the time that the half-baked 68.3 Publish list was posted on stratics, and the full list of changes was posted. However, knowing the guys at Mythic (who think peerless are only done to get the ingredients, not for things like CCs - taken from Cal's own words at the town hall, where I asked him), they counted the ML gems as "ML ingredients".
I stand corrected. However, if MiBs were to include ML ingredients like the Tmaps had for imbuing, then it would only be stuff like corruption, muculent, etc. I doubt there was ever a vision to throw in things like grizzled bones. Anyway, it's not that hard to grab a small handful of people and do a peerless.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the rate for the new artefacts seems to be a bit high. I was very astonished when I got valkyrie chest, the new bow and the leggings from one sos. It would be enough if the new items would be limited to one per chest.

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the rate for the new artefacts seems to be a bit high. I was very astonished when I got valkyrie chest, the new bow and the leggings from one sos. It would be enough if the new items would be limited to one per chest.
I only got one item at a time, one new item, a net, or a map and sometimes nothing.
But sofar didn't get a multiple "drop".

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I stand corrected. However, if MiBs were to include ML ingredients like the Tmaps had for imbuing, then it would only be stuff like corruption, muculent, etc. I doubt there was ever a vision to throw in things like grizzled bones. Anyway, it's not that hard to grab a small handful of people and do a peerless.
Reread my previous post. My guild, with fully trained characters and pets, gets our arses handed to us by Mel in groups of 4-6, because (as best we can tell) she's bugged on our shard, and despite being scattered across 5 states and the same number of different ISPs, we all get frozen by some sort of glitch at the same time, and when the lag clears (sometimes requiring a client restart), it's a total party kill. Similar glitches happen, and have even more lethal results, at Travesty and Grizzle (once you factor in Grizzle's slime and Travesty's tendency to spawn multiples of her ninjas, if you get her JUST below their spawn point, she heals, then she gets hit again - one nightmare trip resulted in 50+ ninjas before we abandoned our corpses).

Sacrifice self-rezzes only go so far. Most of the other peerless, it became too much a chore to get the keys (where the RNG decides that you don't get ANY irk brains, in 30 straight Irks; similar streaks always happen - either the silk, the eye or the brain - one of them refuses to spawn at even 1/10 the rate of the others, or Irk ends up on the rocks, and won't come down, ending any attempt to get keys). I once spent 6 hours farming Bedlam, and never got the last scroll needed for the peerless (and the less said about prism keys, the better).

Most people who want peerless ingredients really only want a secondary source of Taint, as frankly, it's too rare (especially on small shards). We've got plenty of the boss-specific ingredients, but when you do 30 peerless and only get enough taint for ONE item (but split between 5 people), it gets frustrating.

Unfortunately, most shards' PvM crowds are hostile to the idea (despite the crafters being overwhelmingly for it), because there were a bunch of people who speculated on Peerless ingredients when they were being used as proxies for SA-introduced imbuing ingredients, got stuck holding hundreds of the ingredients of all types, and refuse to sell them at a loss (after paying inflated prices for them) after their get rich quick schemes went bust.

There's also Cal's wierd idea that peerless ingredients are the only reason people do peerless (WTF?). From the first weeks of ML (after the publish where some loot got removed from the general ML minor artifact drop table), the primary reason people did peerless were for things like Crystalline Rings, Parox's swampy, Grizzled Mares, Marks of the Travesty - and Crimson Cinctures off everything else. Ingredients are like 2nd, 3rd or 4th on the list, dropping lower and lower as "no-extra-property" Scrappers and Darkwood suits flooded those aspects of the market.

Half the players that would put Peerless ingredients first in priority have spent more time developing their crafters than their combat characters, so even their combat characters would be hard pressed to get looting rights, unless the party was broken less than a minute before the kill (and even then I've seen not everyone in a broken party get loot - remember the bugs I mentioned, and that apparently, losing conn resets your credit toward the boss to ZERO when you reconnect, and you have to work it back up - hard to do if your party breaks early).

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dunno if this has been mentioned yet or not but you can double click the grape vines and have bunches of grapes placed into your backpack. Just discovered that by accident. :)

Radugast

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The chest of drawers doesnt turn with the house tool otherwise its just like the rubble one .. :(

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would love to have seen 105 fishing power scroll added to mib chest..
As is after 100 monger quest and no power scroll im fed up doing him..

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Results after doing 55 SOSs yesterday
Lvl 3 - 13 $390,000
Lvl 2 - 20 $400,000
Lvl 1 - 22 $220,000
Total Gold 1,010,000

4-"A Large Fish Net"
14-Special Fish Nets
3-Grapvines (ends)
1-Grapvine (middle)
3-Enchanted Kelp Woven Leggings
2-An Antique Wedding Dress
10-T-Maps
5-Bronze Armor Of The Valkyrie
100+ each jewel
1-Fish Heads
1-Purple fish net
1-Set of oars
1-set table legs
6-Runed Driftwood Bows

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just fished up a level 2 Strongbox, Got 2 stacks of ML Gems!!

4 Turquoise
9 Perfect Emerald

L

Luke Carjacker

The drop rate does seem to be high on these items. I didn't count how many MiBs I fished up exactly (about 50-60 including 3 ancient) and got the following:

6 Leggings
7 Valkyrie Armor
7 Wedding Dresses
8 Bows
2 Table Legs
2 Vines (1 end, 1 middle, facing different directions and not turnable)
2 fish heads
4 Large Fishing Nets
1 Oars

I haven't received any strongboxes, was hoping to get one of those. I haven't received a bookcase either. I'd also like to put together a set of grape vines - those look like the real challenge.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There seems to be an undocumented item to fish up as pre-chest loot. Something like a bikini top.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are also unconfirmed reports that if you toss a white net, there is a small chance for a box with 5 standard peerless ingredients (stuff like taint, not boss-specific items) to be found on the leviathan or perhaps one of the other spawn.

At least, that's how the people on U.Hall are explaining it. Given that factoring in the chance of an ASOS, with the small chance of such a drop would mean less than a 1% chance of a drop, those who screamed like little babies when popps and I suggested (and most on the Craftsman forum agreed) there should be another drop method, shouldn't be all that concerned. After all, that's only about the chance of getting taint from a peerless for a lot more work (or, at least, it seems that way), and the chance of a scalis far outweighs any idea of casually tossing a white net anymore.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are also unconfirmed reports that if you toss a white net, there is a small chance for a box with 5 standard peerless ingredients (stuff like taint, not boss-specific items) to be found on the leviathan or perhaps one of the other spawn.

At least, that's how the people on U.Hall are explaining it. Given that factoring in the chance of an ASOS, with the small chance of such a drop would mean less than a 1% chance of a drop, those who screamed like little babies when popps and I suggested (and most on the Craftsman forum agreed) there should be another drop method, shouldn't be all that concerned. After all, that's only about the chance of getting taint from a peerless for a lot more work (or, at least, it seems that way), and the chance of a scalis far outweighs any idea of casually tossing a white net anymore.

I can confirm the white nets drop boxes with ML regs .

Fermi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tossed 3 fabled nets this weekend. We killed the monsters and left. Later I went back to my boat to fish some some more and there were two chests sitting on the deck of my boat! They were locked and I had no idea where they come from. I opened them one had 4 muculent and one hat 5 taint. Thats cool. Thank goodness I went back to fishing or I wouldnt have noticed the chests sitting on the boat.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya there is something about leaving a chest on the deck. Leave and come back and find it locked. I got overloaded and left part of the loot in an MIB chest on the deck. Was deck drop when pulled up and did not make it into back pack. Upon returning the chest was locked and trapped.

O

Old Man of UO

That just makes up for the hundreds of Renowns that I killed in the Abyss with nothing to show for it. Kick the RNG a couple times for me while you are at it.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
where do we form the line? I know i would like to kick it at least 4 or 5 times :eyes:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I know the first Mib i did I received the dress and all 3 new items all in the same chest i was like wow ...

K

King Salmon

does anyone know if luck affects the items of the chest? i fished up some ancient sos's and noticed i was finding items with SIX properties! I got to thinking that if luck affects the items in chest you might be able to find some really nice stuff! anyone know if luck affects the loot?

Fermi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my fisher runs with a 1300 luck suit but I m still very unimpressed with my loot I do like gold and the new stuff though