• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Metal box and strong box

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the difference? I see both in the same look, both conteins 125 items.
Are they the same with different name?

L

Lord Drakelord

What is the difference? I see both in the same look, both conteins 125 items.
Are they the same with different name?
I believe the one that says strong box is from the old days of Co-owners, the metal box is an accident like the blue bread, a bug that was fixed.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These are a throwback to an old "feature" by which you could remove the gold boxes from the house storage crate. The interesting thing about these is they show a different name depending on which way they face. One facing you will see a metal box, which will hold 125 items and 400 stones (normal). The other facing you will see a strongbox which will hold (if I recall correctly) only 25 items at 400 stones. As with all containers, it is possible to remove the weight restriction by locking the box down. Hope this is what you needed.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, one of the facings becomes static when placed on the ground. Have fun figuring out which! :D

T

Teufel_Hund

There are two different types of Gold Metal boxes. First the common one is the one that holds 12 items and the name will change depending on the direction it faces. These come from customizable houses that have items in the moving crate upon collapse after the IDOC phase. These are common and easily reproducible. The other one is the 25 count item and these come from the day when a freind of the house could have a strong box in the house. There used to be an explot that allowed you to force that box out of the house and then claim it. These can no longer be created, and as such are worth more than the ordinary 125 count ones.

T

Teufel_Hund

Also, one of the facings becomes static when placed on the ground. Have fun figuring out which! :D

If you do this in your house you can use the Interior Decorator tool to turn the box and it will release fine.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, thanks.
But i have both metal and strong box with 125 items. I didnt know that they take only 400 stones :(
Have I to be preoccupied? Are them the remains of some exploit? :confused:
For Crysta, i've turned them with the interior decoration tool and it works :)
Bye :danceb:

PS: This smile is very cool!!

T

Teufel_Hund

Ok, thanks.
But i have both metal and strong box with 125 items. I didnt know that they take only 400 stones :(

You have no worries of exploits or anything. The 125 count items change name depending on which direction they are oriented, they are in fact the same item. Just one of UOs little quirks.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, thanks.

If locked down, storage containers hold a maximum of 400 stones. If secured, storage containers hold unlimited stones.