• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Message in a Bottle

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I noticed MiB's are one of the new additions to Treasure Chest loot.

Could someone give me a heads up on how hard these are to do? Is it something
my treasure hunter can grab a small boat and go do himself? (his archery is fair at best)

And you use a fishing pole right?

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are real easy

just sail to the coordinates and fish up the chest. I don't think much fishing is required to fish them up just getting the SoS' while fishing takes the fishing skill.

If you happen to fish up as serpeant archery will take them down easily as will a multitude of other methods.

D

Destiny<3

Hmm.. has it changed, but I thought you needed about 55-65 fishing for an sos to come up, and it still takes a while at that skill level.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I using giant beetle trained to 70-80 in combat skills for killing serpents. Rarely using 80magery/50eval for speeding things/heal/invis.

BluDjinn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is from UO GUIDE: :scholar:

On occasion, a lucky Fisher or Aquarium-owner will discover a Message in a Bottle.
Looking inside will reveal either a A Waterstained SoS or, on a 1 in 25 chance, an An Ancient SoS.

Travelling to the locaton the message specifies gives you the chance to attempt to fish a chest up from the ocean floor,

though at least 75 skill points in Fishing are required for a chance of succeeding.

Now my advice: :hahaha:

If you stand in the middle of your ship by the mast you will be safe from melee attacks. :sword:
This makes taking care of Sea Serpents no problem for an archer or mage. The odd Water elemental will probably cast poison on you so bring pots. and you should be ok.

I use magery while out fishing and keep a summoned Demon on deck with the command to follow / guard me.

He usually kills whatever comes up before I can even get off a spell.
( If You care about Karma use a Fire Elemental )

Now the Pirate and Orc Ships all hang out near Jhelom. If you are a novice fisherman it's probably best to avoid this area, or just run away from them.

Welcome aboard ! Fishing and roaming The Seas is can be a lot of fun!

:thumbup: