• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@Mesana @Bleak More rideable pets

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
It looks that the majority if not all tamers would very much like to see more choices of rideable pets such as:

=====> Rideable Ossein Ram : Great art and time invested in the art, but useability of the pet would increase 1000% if rideable. Also should not lose special moves with training..

=====> Wild Tigers : Will increase use of these pets.

=====> Saber Tooth Tigers : Same here will make them lots more useable.

All these pets have a graphic that is nice, and are large enough to accomodate a player image riding them.
All you have to do is one click of the mouse, no coding involved, and click yes to rideable...
What are the reasons why they are not rideable? Making them rideable will not cause them to be overpowered, and it will add more interest in them and excitement in the game. Whats holding you back?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For most of the pets (except the tiger) it requires an art image for every possible direction and action combination. Not saying it isn’t doable, but that’s the point they were making about the time investment for a rideable pet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For most of the pets (except the tiger) it requires an art image for every possible direction and action combination. Not saying it isn’t doable, but that’s the point they were making about the time investment for a rideable pet.
Ya they must have spent weeks on the giant tarantula...

I'm sure they could do it as good as they did this thing in a short time.

upload_2018-2-2_13-0-10.png

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Not that the devs will jump into action and make more pets rideable NOW or in 2 years...Judging from how fast things change upon suggestions..no chance ever.
But if we post sarcasms and b****it here, and have no reasonable grounds to disagree, then keep your comments. If you disagree, then let us know the reasons why?
I think that just a vote or opinion would suffice, and maybe the devs can see some type of player consensus..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you disagree, then let us know the reasons why?
Yes. What would be an issue with a mountable dragon?

The main mountable pets are already some of the best ones. Cu, hiryu, Nightmare, beetles.
There is no overpower issue.

It would be nice to have more ridable options and UO could make some money with it.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A lot of mobiles were clearly designed with future rideability in mind, as they clearly have a "divot" where a player could sit. They'd just have to finagle clipping issues.

That being said...don't hold your breath.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yes. What would be an issue with a mountable dragon?

The main mountable pets are already some of the best ones. Cu, hiryu, Nightmare, beetles.
There is no overpower issue.

It would be nice to have more ridable options and UO could make some money with it.
I don't think we meant rideable dragons. The specific pets are the tigers, STT, and Rams that are doomed mostly to oblivion as things are now. They are also looking the coolest if rideable...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
A lot of mobiles were clearly designed with future rideability in mind, as they clearly have a "divot" where a player could sit. They'd just have to finagle clipping issues.

That being said...don't hold your breath.
I hear you..Aw well just wishful thinking. Doesn't hurt to dream though I guess..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I don't think we meant rideable dragons. The specific pets are the tigers, STT, and Rams that are doomed mostly to oblivion as things are now. They are also looking the coolest if rideable...
Also the fact that these same pets WERE rideable in test center initially, kinda tells you the code was already in place, and probably still is, but they clicked "no" since then disallowing their rideability The real question is why? This would not make them OP, and they are not superior pets at all. It would just add more eye candy pets..

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also the fact that these same pets WERE rideable in test center initially, kinda tells you the code was already in place, and probably still is, but they clicked "no" since then disallowing their rideability The real question is why? This would not make them OP, and they are not superior pets at all. It would just add more eye candy pets..
They clicked "no" because they made a vet reward rideable tiger, and may want to use the other creatures for an ethy in the future. While I understand it, I think its a silly excuse. Ethys will always be in demand because most people don't want to deal with a live pet mount.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't. I think they need to fix and work on other aspects. More rideables should be way down the priority list.