• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Merely "talking" to Fishmongers drops one's reputation with them ?

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Verified bug with talking to a fish monger also. Was doing single orders, as we know doing multiple orders at a time will give you a reputation drop, if you get an order for the same type of fish, while having one in the boat.

Had order for
15 shad
15 pumpkin
10 walley
10 cutthroat
15 grim cisco
10 drake
This order was going from Brit to Papua

I went to turn in my order to Papua, but forgot to put the last 5 grim cisco in the crate. I clicked on the Papua monger, and he gave me a quest but no reward, (because crate was not complete)...

Went to look on boat, had new crate for
10 blue crab
15 spiney
15 shovel nose
5 pumpkin

So my new order with a repeating fish (pumpkin) got gigged because I already had a crate in my hold calling for them.

It is obvious that the monger is not checking the crates in the hold for what may be active. It simply thinks that you must have canceled the quest since it had not recieved the crate yet, even though it is still in boat and just simply not filled yet.

PS we are still waiting on the "I'll Keep you Posted", from Mark Mythic!!!

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think it happens everytime honestly, either that or not for all fish/crabs. I was doing one quest at a time till I got tired of sailing from Floating docks to Brit and back again over and over and picked up an order from all the mongers. They progressed pretty much the same as doing one order at a time, 10-15-20-10 but the last order my rock lobsters dropped to 5 at the same time that my spiney lobsters and Haddock increased normally. To be honest I think i'll risk the reputation loss on one item out of three to do my quests quicker. Also didn't notice talking to the monger before delivering to drop anything either. I only did it once but the order I received was normal progression.

23. Moonglow to Jhelom
15 snow crab
10 apple
10 spiney
20 black seabass
20 uncommon shiner

26. Britain to Moonglow
15 rock crab
10 haddock
10 gray snapper
15 yellowfin

29. Jhelom to Floating
5 rock crab
15 spiney
15 haddock

Think i'll keep keeping track of my orders as I go with the quests and see if it's certain types of fish/lobsters that are doing it everytime or if it's a weird chance of it happening on a random fish/lobster in the new request.

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think it happens everytime honestly, either that or not for all fish/crabs. I was doing one quest at a time till I got tired of sailing from Floating docks to Brit and back again over and over and picked up an order from all the mongers. They progressed pretty much the same as doing one order at a time, 10-15-20-10 but the last order my rock lobsters dropped to 5 at the same time that my spiney lobsters and Haddock increased normally. To be honest I think i'll risk the reputation loss on one item out of three to do my quests quicker. Also didn't notice talking to the monger before delivering to drop anything either. I only did it once but the order I received was normal progression.

23. Moonglow to Jhelom
15 snow crab
10 apple
10 spiney
20 black seabass
20 uncommon shiner

26. Britain to Moonglow
15 rock crab
10 haddock
10 gray snapper
15 yellowfin

29. Jhelom to Floating
5 rock crab
15 spiney
15 haddock

Think i'll keep keeping track of my orders as I go with the quests and see if it's certain types of fish/lobsters that are doing it everytime or if it's a weird chance of it happening on a random fish/lobster in the new request.
What were your orders for 28 and 29, can you show those please? OOps I mean 27 and 28.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure. I didn't post them originally because they didn't have duplicate fish on them. I'll throw in 24 and 25 too while i'm at it.

24. Floating to Papua-
10 yellow perch

25. Vesper to Moonglow
10 Tarpon
10 green cats

27. Trinsic to Floating
15 capt. snook

28. Skara to Moonglow
20 blue crab
15 cape cod
10 shad
20 blue grouper
20 smallmouth
10 uncommon shiner

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow Thom, kind of crazy that it only picked one type of fish to gig you on. But so far I myself have only had one type of repeated fish in the between the orders that got screwed up, that I'm aware of. Why it only got one of yours two repeating fish types, who knows.... but at this point its a good thing for you, except it may make if harder for the devs trying to get it figured out with that twist in there.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually it was one out of 3. I'm willing to risk it and i'll continue to keep track of the orders to see if it's a specific type of fish or if it's a random one out of however many. Might see a pattern emerge if I keep it up.