• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mene's Atelier - It's time to present you my real game passion :) -

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello together, I think it's really time to show you a bit what's my great passion in this fantastic game is: costumizing houses and decoratings.

I like to begin with a really treasure of mine - my pretty little keep which is nearby Skara Brae, Trammel on Drachenfels at the beginning of the Dragon Holme Mountains - my little Virtue Keep & Monster Museum. First out of ideas how to decorate it finally i had the idea to make it as a special museum. I always loved the small little statues you get as vet-reward, and with this keep i hope i gave them a nice place in the light of the sosarian sun.

The Keep is open for public so everybody can take a look inside. Many thanks also to my guild leader Nina Luna from the AoB-Guild and to Lady TanAge, who helped me to collect the statues more difficult to get. Some of them like the Tormented Minotaur are still missing, but the collection is almost complete.

Feels yourself free to enjoy it.

Attachments

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Very nice keep... I love your use of the Grass tiles leaving all the stepping stones. Cute.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks you like it :) - and sure there's more to show.

Let me tell you first a little story. What's following now once began a long, long time ago - when Drachenfels was full of people, Malas was born and everybody cried out for a bigger houseplot on the new world. As a result of this most of the common houses became cheaper - and a villa - I can remember that one once cost 13 Mio UO gold now was a reachable dream to me. One day as I looked again on UO Trade - older members I think will remember well this traders site - I found a nice one in the southern jungles, southwest of Trinsic.
What shall I say more - I take my brave mare, went out having a look - and as I saw the location I immediatly fall in love. A really beautiful place at the coast surrounded with high dark green trees and hidden ruins in this forest. Really a place to dream of adventures on the high seas - of pirates and ships, of mermaids and others - for example having an own playertown - with having none idea in that time one day all this becomes true with the High Seas upgrade :).

Here you can see Mene sitting in her dreamhouse - and I must say this remains my favorite place up till to today. The small villa plot still exists - today certainly with another function :D - but I also loved the decoration this dreamhouse had been given to feel myself at home at that time.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Years, months and days went on - the shard become to get more empty, people leave the land to play other games, and on the big clearing besides my villa little by little the houses went IDOC - up to the day the whole glade was empty. A few months before this I've had visit a freeshard where you could hold a couple of houses - five for being exactly, and on this shard I'v had built my first own Playertown - so long before you could have this possibility here on the payment shards. But the wish of doing the same still was growing - and when than the day comes true we could build playertowns here, I started to realize a new dream.

Inspired by another Game - The Anno-Series/UBI Soft - I than began to build my own little town with setting plots on the glade giving them a special theme that had to do with sailoring. Whenever I had a new idea of a theme-made house, I place a new plot. So by time - the town grows.... first without a name. I was thinking about but none of them I had in mind seems to be the right one. It should have been a name that clearyfies the theme also as a town where roleplay could have a nice place.
One day on TV went "The West Side Story" again, and I - meanwhile also a roleplayer and storyteller suddenly got a flash of inspiration: So "Westcliff" was born as name to this town. On the Ultima Online Bibliothek - a german speaking UO forum exists a small forum where you can read my small stories I've written about - " The Westcliff Stories " :).

Let me show you now where the heartbeat of this little town is: The Kontor and it's Harbourmastery.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Eaerendil Believe me - if this thread goes on you cannot decide which one you'll prefer most :D....

OKI... next one. I don't know how often this house had been displaced and rebuild for the right place and look-out, but here we go: My Guildhall.
One of the first houses I placed for my town. Certainly this theme is one of those I wish bigger house-costumizing plots for than 18 x 18 ;)....

Attachments

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny thing is: I know most of these houses from my time as IDOCer ;)

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:owned:

Funny thing is also - this ones won't go IDOC - none in the past nor in the Future :D..... Holy **** that !!! :p

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I learned that quite fast. However, I got not time for Idocing anyways. Kids and wife... You know...

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So another week passed by with hard work and less time for postings. But let us see now what's happend once to my small villa in these days. My main home now was my Keep, but still loving this place and my workers too, I gave them this nice location for roleplaying - a small little workshop at the coastline.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Westcliff - so laying by the coastside - is a town of crafters and fishers so most of the smaller houses I build for this town have a special crafting theme. Here you can have a look at a small plot too (12x12) that I've given the theme of a clothtrader and tailor shop.

Attachments

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's the smallest of all (Plot 9x7) - "The Blue Rose Flowershop". I've ever loved the idea of a beautiful small flowershop - it was always the smallest shops of this sort I liked and love most, and this is only a try-out to find a way to a maybe better and a big bigger one :).

Attachments

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@ Kayhynn: Sure you can. Would be a pleasure and great honor to me to be on your homepage :) . Feel free to ask whatever you need to put in on.

To be honest - I've already asked myself when you'll asked me :D

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Westcliff - so laying by the coastside - is a town of crafters and fishers so most of the smaller houses I build for this town have a special crafting theme. Here you can have a look at a small plot too (12x12) that I've given the theme of a clothtrader and tailor shop.
Lovely, I love jungle locations! All houses look better and nicer with those large trees around!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the smallest of all (Plot 9x7) - "The Blue Rose Flowershop". I've ever loved the idea of a beautiful small flowershop - it was always the smallest shops of this sort I liked and love most, and this is only a try-out to find a way to a maybe better and a big bigger one :).
Absolutely wonderful work!

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So this is a test - spend a few days on TC to make my dream Castle ....
Half of Europe is full of nice medieval Castle, and my construction is inspired by Wartburg Castle in Thüringen.

To me a real medieval castle need to have a few things for being a good medieval castle ;). So it must absolutly have a donjon, a dungeon, battlements, a residential quarter (Palas), one or more bowers for the ladies, a small castle chapel and very important at the entrance a gatehouse, Machicolation (Pechnase), iron bars and a draw brigde.

I did not decorate but i put a typical item inside this important rooms so i hope you can imagine with full decoration. I like to post this also as a test for @Mesanna let her have a good choice of a castle.

First of all one word: I hope i build it about 31 x 31 - it was hard with this way of scissoring ;). And yes, this castle is not about fourth floor and than it ends... to have an impressive donjon - this donjon must be higher - so I have made it about 6 floors.

Nonetheless... have a look, enjoy and plz leave your opion before I sent an E-mail @Mesanna

Attachments

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the castle design, good work. I just dont have the patience to do something like this

Jacob Centeno Centeno

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I love the tailoring house. So small and simple but you did such an amazing job with each space and making me feel at home as a tailor. Brings me in to it so well!

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*Brings back Thread from the sinkings*- So after some longer Reallife turbulence and the associated larger and smaller changes, the inner calm slowly returns and I have discovered again my costomizing and decolust. Especially since the new Worker Stations are graphically really well done, a lot of fun and so a small hut can really spice up. One of my little houses in Westcliff has been slightly redesigned these days. The pictures will follow.

Yesterday morning I was so bored that I reactivated one of my old accounts - for a small house with plot size 13 x 11. It has again become a theme house - here with the topic rum production. Actually, this should be included in the house contest that the North Harbor Township has proclaimed, but I always had my home on Drachenfels, you will probably not allow it *twinkels* - well on the Atlantic to find a reasonably suitable plot for a cottage in a place that you really like is just not so easy, either I would have take part to the contest.

So where does the house stand now: This is Drachenfels - Felucca, Isle of the Avatar or better known as Fire Temple Island/Demon Temple Island. The Dungeon Hythloth and the Shrine of Humility are also located here. If some of you wondering about the leaves I switch on Trammel Sight.

So long speech short - the door is open :D - please enter!

Attachments

Last edited: