• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Memory Leak

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only on my dell laptop xps l502x running windows 7 64bit when i start ec using pinco,s uosa takes about 500k memory starting off , and in about 1/2 hour is well above 1.2 gigs with just standing idle..without pinco's no leak. Deleted all my settings in documents and ran full file check..
Just seeing if anyone knows what could be causing this becauce playing without pinco's is not a option...but the crashes to desktop are happening about every 1/2 hour..all drivers up to date...thnx if anyone knows what i should do, havent tried a clean install of ec and pinco's yet but its next on my list to try..

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try without ec playsound. However since it's happening only with the laptop probably it's a windows problem...

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
try without ec playsound. However since it's happening only with the laptop probably it's a windows problem...
Reinstalling ec and pinco's and disabling ec playsound still memory leak...problem has been around for a month abouts going to see what changes i made to computer in that time because it ran fine before.
Unless its my nod32 antivirus that i installed about a month ago ,but disabling it still have leak.thnx

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reinstalling ec and pinco's and disabling ec playsound still memory leak...problem has been around for a month abouts going to see what changes i made to computer in that time because it ran fine before.
Unless its my nod32 antivirus that i installed about a month ago ,but disabling it still have leak.thnx
It's windows that has a memory leak problem, it was fixed with some update time ago, but if the update is missing or there is some other problem with the OS the bug will be back...
I had the same problem with skype, after 30 minutes it eats almost 1.2 gigs of memory and I solved only by formatting the pc :/

Last edited:

Visions

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
It's windows that has a memory leak problem, it was fixed with some update time ago, but if the update is missing or there is some other problem with the OS the bug will be back...
I had the same problem with skype, after 30 minutes it eats almost 1.2 gigs of memory and I solved only by formatting the pc :/
I just installed the UI today and am having the same problem. After about 30 minutes, things start stuttering really bad. This wasn't happening prior to installing the UI.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just installed the UI today and am having the same problem. After about 30 minutes, things start stuttering really bad. This wasn't happening prior to installing the UI.
as I said it's NOT an UI problem, check your OS...

Visions

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
as I said it's NOT an UI problem, check your OS...
I'm confused. I can run the EC client for hours without any noticeable memory leaks and when I run your UI, it lasts maybe 30 minutes before I have to restart the client.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm confused. I can run the EC client for hours without any noticeable memory leaks and when I run your UI, it lasts maybe 30 minutes before I have to restart the client.
but just you... I have no such problems and neither the others...
the default Ui is not comparable to my UI since it has nothing. It could be the ec playsound because windows have some trouble with .net or just some other issue with the memory. The fact is the UI itself can't cause a memory leak.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep there were a few issues before but Pinco has been patching up a treat.

All running fine for me :)

Ingstein

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Running the latest Pinco and got the same memory leak problems, UO/Pinco tends to eat 6 GB of ram and more. IMHO this happens when working with containers, esp. ones with lots of stuff in them.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Running the latest Pinco and got the same memory leak problems, UO/Pinco tends to eat 6 GB of ram and more. IMHO this happens when working with containers, esp. ones with lots of stuff in them.
I have same problem, with pinco's if i have a container open and move a item to another container when i drop the item in there is about a 1 second delay before it drops in, just tried without ui and drops in fast.. I manually updated my video drivers and the mem leak has slowed quite a bit but still there.
Going to mess around with some settings today and see what helps.