• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Melee pvp build

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Since I've been back I've tried my mage for pvp, but just didn't find it as fun. Are there any good dexxer builds other than nox/death strike templates? Is lumberjacking still viable? Looking for something that is good for 1v1, not a group fight.

Appreciate any Temps you can suggest and why.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

cholupa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I play a nox fencer without deathstrike.

Fencing
Tact
Anat
Heal
Resist
Poison
Ninja

It requires a good kryss. 20% splintering +50% hit spell minimum. Otherwise I wouldn' bother making the character. Without splintering its going to be almost impossible to get kills. Ninja is mostly for dismount defense.

I also have a macer. Need splintering hammer pick and war axe. It requires some skill points on your gear to fit ninja. I lowered my tactics to 60 to free up some skill points as well. You can still armor ignore for 35 points since mace weapons have good base damage.

Mace
Tact (60)
Anat
Heal
Resist
Bush
Parry
Ninja (80)

Also lumberjacking is not very good. The damage bonus is very small and hardly noticeable.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How does your macer do? It seems like it's hard to kill someone 1v1 without poisoning. Chiv and mage can reheal so fast. I guess I understand why everyone plays nox ninjas or garg throwers now hehe

cholupa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
How does your macer do? It seems like it's hard to kill someone 1v1 without poisoning. Chiv and mage can reheal so fast. I guess I understand why everyone plays nox ninjas or garg throwers now hehe

Not my strongest character but it does decently. Sometimes you have patient for rng to be on your side. If you land some consecutive armor ignores after a splinter proc, you can get some kills.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What about something like:
100 swords (+20 hat for 120)
90 tact (120 with jewels)
100 Anat
120 heal
120 resist
100 chiv
90 ninja (maybe more with jewels)

I understand the damage may be a little low, but maybe use a slower weapon with splinter/lightning/Stam leech/hit fatigue. Take their Stam and work them down. It has excellent survivability.

Any thoughts?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hit fatigue and hit mana drain don't work in PvP - PvM only...
The Fencing Mastery, Pierce, works in PvP though. With 120 Fencing and Lvl 3 Primer, it reduces the victim's Stamina by 40% of max over 10 seconds. Hit another 180+ Stam dexxer with it, and watch them lose 72 Stam over 10 seconds. It's less effective against Mages though, because their SR can override the 40% Stam loss if they have low Max Stam.

The Macing Mastery, Stagger, is an incredibly powerful defensive ability against other dexxers too. With 120 Macing and Lvl 3 Primer, Stagger inflicts a -60% SSI debuff on the opponent for 10 secs. Yes, it even works in PvP for 10 secs.