• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event Meeting with King Blackthorn (Thursday 25th & Sunday 28th, 8pm UK Time)

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
King Blackthorn requests your attendance with a matter involving the Nujelm Sultan. Meet at the Throne Room of Castle Blackthorn in Britain on Thursday 25th April 2013 at 8pm UK Time.

This event may be dangerous.

Last edited:

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for coming! Part three is on Sunday 28th at 8pm UK Time. There will be a gate at the EM Hall to Snox' Ship.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This event may be dangerous.
Just a bit of understatement there!

The scenery and overall plotting deserve a lot of credit; it wasn't until today though that I realised that if the ship is being used by Nujelm, does that mean it'll be moved or removed? I hope we get to leave it on the shard somewhere, as perhaps one of the best unique features I've seen. Splitting the groups up made it interesting, although everyone being on a row boat also made it a bit crowded, and people and pets kept falling overboard...

The underwater idea, and "diving down" to see it was really nice touch. I was a little worried about the water tiles doing constant cold damage, never a good idea for a long fight with the constant destruction of armour... but the mobs weren't too bad, so I didn't think about it much at that moment.

AND THEN... well, I think anyone who was there that day won't ever forget what happened next. It took me a few moments to work out what we were actually fighting, as the resists didn't look all that special; but then it sunk in... it's a Guardian Slasher Of Veils. Oh dear, oh dear.

That white screen isn't much of a coincidence, as he was indeed chain casting Panic as fast as it wore off; you can see me breaking free from one just quick enough to lore him before we were all stunned again. And at this point, the difficulty of fighting here became apparent; the floor keeps ticking for damage even as you can't move. You can bandage through it, but not cast healing spells if a mage... I would try and bring my dragon to me and heal it through this Panic, but if I sent it in to fight it would die whilst frozen too. In the end I put Little Nose away, and tried to cast Energy Vortex instead... except the floor tiles blocked placement. It was somewhat nice to see no vortexes everywhere, not so much after the millionth Panic and the realisation it would take forever to beat him!

This was the only screenshot I managed to get of him, buried underneath all the mass fire he spewed out, and people desperately trying to find and hit him;

You can just see his nose, below "A Corpse Of Grg", it was using a light brown/dirty green Kraken model I think. And then we all got blown up again.

We did eventually beat him; I didn't see where as there was that screen filling explosion again, and the Enhanced Client hates those, especially after an hour or so of memory leaking effects fun...please try and avoid using that explosion, oh EMs! By the time I managed to hard-reset my locked computer, and get back in game, the corpse was long gone. But I did manage to get the reward, to go with the armour that was either destroyed or down to single figure durability and which took four hours of crafting to replace (and that's before you get to the new Refinements, which I will not bother with).

The left is it's natural colour in the EC, right is highlighted. There was a lot of natural confusion at the end, with talk of "masks" dropping too, but it seems they were simply Stygian Artifacts, dropped from the base monster being a Slasher. I missed some of the EM chat back at the Councillors Guild from logging in later, so I'm not sure what was said then, but I caught them saying they didn't know how many nets had dropped.

After all of that, I'm now too scared to ask if the fishing adventure tomorrow is still on!

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the report Aron! I am glad you liked the decor. :D

Sorry about the fire exploson, that wasn't set by me on purpose so I'm not sure why it went off. And the fishng adventure tomorrow is being moved a few days. I'll announce when soon.

Thanks everyone whio came!

Last edited: