• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Meeting with Hannah :Tuesday 14-4-09

C

cheerful

Townsend says to meet in Hall @ 8pm.

What do we have?

Mericles: no use to us unless he co-operates.

Mericles spell book: maybe a bagaining chip but we need to look through it for clues.

Communication crystal: maybe another lever but also a way to get infomation from Dorian (assuming he's still alive)

Glass dagger:no no no not for torture..just a bit of stabbing is all.

C

cheerful

After talking to Mericles one thing is apparent, despite what I thought originally, he does love his daughter.

'I will not see her hurt'
'Hannah must not die'
'I love her, she reminds me of her mother'

Seems we could have a lever with Hannah, if we have the right plan.

Hannah's mother! Do we know anything about her?

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice work, I think a chat with Hannah might reveal more about her mother. That way we may aviod putting our foot in it with Mericles by touching a nearve.

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can hopefully get in game tonight if people want to meet up and talk at the Counsellors Hall?

I keep reading the boards even if I dont play as much as I used to =)

C

cheerful

Sounds like a good idea, sadly I'm working tonight so if it happens and there's any news/conclusions drawn can someone add to the post.

My current thinking is that we need Mericles to feel that Hannah is somehow in danger and that by opening a gate it will be to his/her benefit, unfortunately that's where my brain freezes.
A simpler but more nasty approach would be to 'threaten' to kill Hannah forcing Mericles to comply.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
or perhaps convince him that Hannas found a way into the void but its one way only. She has decided that since she cannot get Dorian out, she will go to him, her father opening a gate for us to get Dorian out first is his only chance of preventing her daughter living her life out in the void, never seeing her again, knowing he was the cause of it.

C

cheerful

Ah yes Flame, Mericles dose'nt know that it was a false gate but he's probably worked out that it was a trap so we can say that we have built a working gate but it is only one-way and we can't fathom out how to make it two-way and so we needed him to get more infomation before Hannah entered it....we could also say that Hannah is in contact with Dorian, via the crystal, and that he is urging her to the otherside so they can be together.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Possibly also that Dorian has sent a message that not all the entities on the other side are 'orrible, and that there are some who want to work with Mericles in a co-operative manner, and that Hannah and Dorian could happily live with these other entities (think uncorrupted gargoyles).

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we need Mericles to think the other side ia awful, and his daughter will suffer for the rest of her life if she goes through with going to the void. Her only chance is for him (mericles) to help us get Dorion back to sosaria before she using the gate. We should not say there ia anything nice in the void, after all Dorian seemed to living in fear, hiding in caves, scared to stray too far, we have after all recently been invaded by scarlet dragons and shadow lords from the void, who knows what else he would be dooming his daughter to flee from for the rest of her life. Its also a nice way of us using Hannah as leverage without her actualy having to visit her father, so should keep her happy too.

S

Seasseragh

How about this to tell Mericles:
Hannah´s slowly fading due to he being seperate from Dorian, some odd side-effect of her using the crystal. Despite the potion we gave her she is getting worse again. The only cure is bringing back Dorian, to give her the mental back-up to last through the illness. (Might be a bit too obvious, on second thought)

C

cheerful

How about this to tell Mericles:
Hannah´s slowly fading due to he being seperate from Dorian, some odd side-effect of her using the crystal. Despite the potion we gave her she is getting worse again. The only cure is bringing back Dorian, to give her the mental back-up to last through the illness. (Might be a bit too obvious, on second thought)
I'm not keen on the 'dying of a broken heart' thing but I think your onto something here.

Mericles dose'nt even know that Hannah was ill and near deaths door, I wonder how he would react to knowing that she was hexed by Melissa, servant of Nostfor (cant remember name) for all we know he could be working with the shadowlords and that Nositface dude and that would put a spanner in the works.
If he is not in league with them or shows no reaction we could bluff that Hannah is still ill but refuses to take the curing potion as 'life is not worth living without my beloved Dorian'
or that she is cured from the hex but we believe there will certainly be another attack on her but she refuses to 'lay low' or accept our protection until re-united with Dorian.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
for all we know he could be working with the shadowlords and that Nositface dude and that would put a spanner in the works.
I don't think that Mericles is in league with the Shadowlords...
Try asking him about "shadow" - very interesting reaction.

C

cheerful

I see what you mean, would have been happier with shadowlords rather than just shadow but it's probably the right assumption to make.
So, who is 'him'? father,son?
more questions for Hannah.

Dosen't seem to get too upset when you ask about Melissa though.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thinking along the lines of Hannahs life being threatened by herself. We can sprinkle a bit of truth in first. Tell him how she used his crystals to talk to Dorian, and the 4 of us show him the 4 pieces to prove we have them, then describe what Dorian had said about the place, we would only know if we had contacted Dorian. Then we tell him that Hannah had contacted Dorian a second time and they have decided that the could only be reunited again in death, so they are starving themselves to death. This has the bonus that Hannah again does not have to see her father. We can say we took the crystals off her after they made this pact, but we cannot get her to eat again. The only way we can save Hannah is to reunite her in life with Dorian, so its up to Mericles to help us save Dorian or he will cause his daughter to face a slow painful death by not.

C

cheerful

One of the problems I see is that Mericles might say 'fine, I'll open a gate for you but I want to see that Hannah is safe first' which to my thinking would be a reasonable request.
The fact that Hannah dosen't want to see him anyway will be a problem and if we overcome that and Hannah isn't wafer thin when they do meet then the lie will be apparent.
I'm still thinking that the hex scenario is a better ploy as it really happened and has the potenial to happen again plus his reaction to the attack by Melissa on his daughter could give us some much needed info.
What was Hannah's explanation for not wanting to see her father?

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the problems I see is that Mericles might say 'fine, I'll open a gate for you but I want to see that Hannah is safe first' which to my thinking would be a reasonable request.
Hannah may be too sick to travel and we are most certainly not taking him to her. But he may make the same request if we say she is hexed.

The fact that Hannah dosen't want to see him anyway will be a problem and if we overcome that and Hannah isn't wafer thin when they do meet then the lie will be apparent.
We tell him the truth, that Hannah does not wish to see him because he has taken the one thing she treasures above her own life away, Dorian.

I'm still thinking that the hex scenario is a better ploy as it really happened and has the potenial to happen again plus his reaction to the attack by Melissa on his daughter could give us some much needed info.

I must admit telling him about Mellisa and the hex is a good idea, whether we use the hex idea or not as we could gain important information. I am not ruling out the hex idea just making sure we have covered all the options.

What was Hannah's explanation for not wanting to see her father?
Chaining her up did not go down too well with her, plus her fathers jelousy of Dorian leading to his almost certain murder or life in misary did not help.

As mentioned before we need also to find out about Hannahsd mother and who "him" was that died, these may give us more options or rule out some.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Words gathered by a few of us so far from Mericles are:

Hannah - I love her dearly! I will not see her hurt! She is my beautiful daughter!

Love - I love her! She reminds me of her mother!

mother - She was a rare beauty - a good soul in all respects ... too good for me...

soul - I have sold me soul many times over all that is left for me is the final transition.

transition - To become a Lich Lord and rule these lands and to kill all living things!

lich - I will rise from my death and kill you all!

rise - Aye, rise again to bring doom upon you. But where will I hide her?

hide her - Hannah must not die she is an angel!

Angel - My Hannah, beloved, I hate that Dorian for taking her away from me!

Dorian - That fool will never see Hannah again he is trapped in The Void. They will deal with him...

Void - A place where evolution is magnified and where my ally awaits me.

Ally - The Void Changeling a thing of fearsome power you mortal scum!

thing of fearsome power - I seek to become more powerful than you can imagine!

gate - A way to get there.

shadow - Ahh the dark ones the ones who killed him my... I will talk on this no further!

Nathan - That snivelling spy!

Casca - Interesting

Melissa - Ahh she is an interesting one indeed - you don’t know here?