• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event Meet And Greet Your New EM: December 4th, 8pm GMT

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Buried beneath the dust inside the Councillors Hall, a small mouse stopped and sniffed the wind. What it thought couldn’t be put into anything as complex as a word, but it knew enough to sense the concept of… change? The mouse wasn’t sure what it thought of this; the previous occupants of it’s home had been rather good at leaving half eaten food about the place, and although nibbling on the occupants robe had led to unfortunate magical effects, it did still rather miss them. But they had not been for here for many months now, and the mouse had become lean and lonely since then. It sniffed again, and there it was in the air still, the scent of… change. Scrambling to the top of one of empty chairs, it looked around. No sign yet. But … soon.
Hail and well met Europa. As briefly confessed in chat yesterday, and as wildly speculated today, I have the honour of becoming your new EM, and would like to meet to officially introduce myself on December 4th at 8pm GMT (20:00 hours). Please bring questions, rotten fruit, pitchforks and other implements of righteous vengeance to the EM Hall at this time... I'll endeavour to dodge and avoid all of them of course, but with any luck, you'll corner me somewhere!

But seriously now; I understand how frustrated you've been without a full time EM for so long. Borbarad kindly stood in for the short term, but now the full responsibility falls to me, and I must admit I'm somewhat daunted! But I hope to do the best I can for the server, and make myself available to your feedback.

So to begin with, I have updated the UOEM page now;

http://europa.uoem.net/em-event-an-invitation-to-meet-europas-new-event-manager/

If any of you are still subscribed to the RSS feed at that page, can you confirm that the latest post has reached you? I also have the EM Forum here on Stratics, although I don't believe many read it; however I intend to keep all updated with future events.

You may contact me via PM here, via the europa.uoem.net page, or directly via the [email protected]

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hello and good luck with your new job! Now where exactly is the EM Hall? Sorry for the stupid question, but I am new. :p

Morgana of Monglow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sorry for the OT

Now where exactly is the EM Hall? Sorry for the stupid question, but I am new. :p
Best way is to meet those lovely peoples who do the daily repair/crafting/help service, and ask them :)
You can find them every single day from 7 to 8 pm CET (6 to 7 pm GMT) near the Britain's west bank public forge (Trammell side).

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thank you very much, I will look for the lovely people tonight! I hope they like questions...;)

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Hello and good luck with your new job! Now where exactly is the EM Hall? Sorry for the stupid question, but I am new. :p

On the Europa EM webpage (click text to go to the link) the previous occupants of the robe have set up a system behind the scenes to add map images to the posts; they're not visible from the home page but clicking each post should give you the location of the event. If eventually we begin elsewhere for my own events, I plan to add more map images so everyone can come along. I'll post them here from now on too though!

Yes, the shoes to fill are mighty; and where once were two there's now just me, so I hope you can be a little patient whilst I work on my foot-size ;) Some things I cant even begin to know until I unleash them on you all... there will be many deaths! Some of them I may not even intend! But I'm both lecturer and student here, so please keep giving feedback and together, if we can't reach the huge footage of the previous EMs, I hope we can share some fine adventures together none the less.

In the meantime, I'm learning Wordpress to expand out the webpage; I hope to have something to share with you for the Meet and Greet. And practice, practice, practicing!

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Prepare your sewing kit and some cloth to make greet sashes ;)

Crossing fingers for Royal Investigators missions. Almost one year of silence :arr:

Amantala EA

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to the shard!

Not sure if you realise, but my guild EA&E have been running a weekly auction for several years and it's held at 7pm GMT each Wednesday. On the week you have the meet and greet, we hope to finish at 8pm for that week, but we wonder if it would be possible for you to bear our event in mind when planning your events?

Thanks
Ama

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With relation to the plea by Amantala above. This auction is probably the longest running established event on Europa. It is well attended and I would also request that Wednesdays be avoided if possible.

I would also be pleased if the other request regarding the Royal Investigators is adopted. On behalf of my character Sparrow who was hoping to reach the exalted rank of sergeant when the last cycle ended.

Thank You in anticipation and welcome to Europa.

Last edited:

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
With relation to the plea by Amantala above. This auction is probably the longest running established event on Europa. It is well attended and I would also request that Wednesdays be avoided if possible.

I would also be pleased if the other request regarding the Royal Investigators is adopted. On behalf of my character Sparrow who was hoping to reach the exalted rank of sergeant when the last cycle ended.

Thank You in anticipation and welcome to Europa.
Greetings once more. I understand your concerns with regards to the event times; it's an unfortunate coincidence, and not one that will be repeated in the future. My intention was to confirm, when everyone is in game at the Meet and Greet, which days are best for as many players as possible, but I am also looking here at when you host events as players. I'm thinking Friday and Sunday are likely to be the most practicable, as there doesn't seem to be any conflict, and they were often the days your prior EMs used...

However there's a certain amount of lead time required to get more complex events to you, and I'm very aware that I need to get a lot of popular systems up and running for the New Year as well. In particular, and I hope you won't mind that I can't discuss too much, in order to get the Royal Investigator system started, and to maybe host a Christmas holiday themed event before December ends, I'm somewhat limited in where I can place events on the calendar in the few weeks left before the holidays. Given a choice between a slight conflict with the auction, and delaying even further any content for you all, I went with the earliest start, but as mentioned it won't be the regular date.

As for the Investigator system itself, and without wishing to give away all the secrets for the Meet and Greet, I do intend to continue it, although the style may differ a little as I get up to speed on fuller events and integrate it into my own plots. There is a ranking list at the UOEM page, but if you had not been awarded your prior rank, you will need to let me know; I don't have any information on this. But I expect the Meet and Greet to be a baptism by fire by itself, so trying to promote you at the same time as fending off the fruit throwing might be a bit much. Rest assured though that the King will be catching up with his paperwork, and explaining his mysterious absence very soon after I recover from meeting you all!

drewster513

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi is it just a meet and greet or is there a little event too so i know what toon to bring

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Hey Europans; In general I don't plan to explain before hand what will happen, as even when there's a combat heavy event, I've been thinking about ways to involve other types of character in the wider story and in events as they run. I'm not sure if they'll work, but I'll discuss it more with you all tomorrow (and after we've ran through actual live event experiments).

However! I will say that for tomorrow, and with the hindsight of practice behind the scenes, I hope you all bring daggers and other pointy stuff, or at least the means to make them; There's no combat but I've hopefully got a way to make Meeting and Greeting and TAKING YOUR TERRIBLE REVENGE more fun for you all ;)

Now to get on with studying how to say "I'm sorry I can't tell you that" in 44 different languages :p

Last edited:

drewster513

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for trying again Gotan sorry we have so many idiots on our shard hope it doesnt put you off and good luck for future

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Such a shame, a few spoil yet again.

Thanks for trying Gotan, hopefully your sashomatic will get its bits in order!

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you can run events in felucca you would gain the respect of the pvp community. This does not mean they have to be held out of guard zones just means reds can participate!

The long standing discrimination of Red players must stop!

Friday and Sunday are bad days for me but I'm sure the trammies are pleased with that!

Leto

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trammel players can go to Felucca, and Felucca players can go to Trammel. Sure, Reds can't but everybody has at least 6 character slots. If all those are Reds, well that was your choice, the rest of the world doesn't have to cater to you. The whole discrimination argument is silly anyway. You're just using a loaded word out of context in the hopes of gaining some sympathy. People discriminate against Felucca players the way they discriminate against hooligans.

As for doing in events in Felucca: In game terms Trammel and Felucca are just two different rulesets, which allow people to do different things. The Trammel ruleset is, for obvious reasons, more conductive to events than Felucca, and that's why EMs choose to use it.

And finally a word about respect: it is a two-way street. You get what you give, and so far I haven't seen Felucca players giving much.