• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Medable vs non-medable

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Greeting, need advice on suit i am making for the support character. Does it make sense to have medable pieces on the char with no meditation? Or better make them out of studded leather and have more lmc? Char will have 120 focus, thank you in advance

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you are not running med then you would want studded for the lower mana cost. You can always build another suit if you want to run med anyways. Focus works with any armor type.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Do you find you can maintain the bard songs with no med and all focus ?

I have thought about adding mystic to my bard, but I fear that I will have mana upkeep issues if I run 2 bard songs. I can maintain both peace or both Provo songs with gm med and fairly normal/inexpensive gear

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Copy to test center to find out Ang7. I try to carry a high mr (9) wep & HPR and shield with MR & high hpr as well. These are cheap compared to suit pieces a lot of times. With LMC over 40 and focus with max MR I think you could. But you would need focus for mystic anyways. If you don't run med no point in med-able. But if you have room in your build to have some med and want that then play how you like. It is just easier to copy to test and play with skill settings as you would like based on your knowledge of what you want to do.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Copy to test center to find out Ang7. I try to carry a high mr (9) wep & HPR and shield with MR & high hpr as well. These are cheap compared to suit pieces a lot of times. With LMC over 40 and focus with max MR I think you could. But you would need focus for mystic anyways. If you don't run med no point in med-able. But if you have room in your build to have some med and want that then play how you like. It is just easier to copy to test and play with skill settings as you would like based on your knowledge of what you want to do.
For Mysticism, you can use imbuing 120 instead of focus, but don't get the benefits of focus. Question is if you put on char Imbuing 120 plus Focus 100, will you still get the mysticism benefits of the Imbuing 120? Is the highest of the two used, or both of them or the lowest (Focus in this case)? Or their effects are additive? Never tested that.
Ty for info in advance.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I assume it works like UBWS which ever one is highest. I have a toon I run imbuing on for mystic because 1 mil for a 120 imbue is cheaper ( Already had 120 imbue worked up on this account) than the lots of gold for 120 focus. I do run 100 focus. Summons seem to hold up as well with 120 imbue as with my other account with 120 focus. If someone has a way to record the numbers it could be tested on test center. To me it seems the same.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I assume it works like UBWS which ever one is highest. I have a toon I run imbuing on for mystic because 1 mil for a 120 imbue is cheaper ( Already had 120 imbue worked up on this account) than the lots of gold for 120 focus. I do run 100 focus. Summons seem to hold up as well with 120 imbue as with my other account with 120 focus. If someone has a way to record the numbers it could be tested on test center. To me it seems the same.
Ty for info..Agree Focus 120 is very hard to get and very pricey thanks to the Pet Revamp side-effects. So I would try 100 focus and 120 imbuing. However, a cater mystic has no real need for stamina. So would Meditation 100 be better for extra mana regen then, rather than focus 100, since Med is naturally more Mana regen?