• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Me???24 hour banned??????? mee??????????????

G

I have NEVER broken a rule, I have played 10 year BY THE RULES, never used a 3rd party program not even uo assist, never used an exploit, never done anything wrong in ten years of ultima online! This morning I can't log in and thus go check the billing, thinking maybe my card expired or something. Nope, still have plenty of gametime left, so I check my email and it seems as if I'm banned for naming a horse my website address. wwwDOTfantasiesbymelDOTcom. Now, what is wrong with advertising a fantasy art website??? The largest fantasy art purchasers ARE GAMERS so it makes sence to advertise within the game world no? After ten years of loyal service why would someone page on a single mother starting a business are people that inhumane? Whoever paged on something like that , is an idiot and your karma will come back to haunt you- as for OSI- advertising is not breaking the rules, as long as it relates to the UO community-which it does- most of the subject's i've painted are part of UO, fairies, geisha's, ect. Plus I was being nice in giving ultima players the first chance at purchasing my art. They deserve the chance to do so! Some of these players have been with me from day 1 and would love to own a peice of artwork thier friend did. I am purely outraged by this, i have never even had so much as a WARNING on my account, not in ten years! I'm not going to stop about it either, I'm taking this to the highest person I can take it to because fantasy art and gaming tie together, infact you can't have one without the other, without artists such as myself you wouldn't even have a game to play so show a little respect next time!
To those of you who think I'm right, stand up with me !

G

Other businesses are always the first to come down on the small business guy when (s)he gets creative in terms of advertising for free. Sad but true! All part of the big guys trying to squeeze everyone else out of whatever markets they might be trying to get into, just like Walmart is always doing. The funny part is the customers of said big businesses are usually their police force. 'Hey did you know there's a suspicious-looking character on isle 3 posting a sign???'

Come back soon.

I

Inxane

<blockquote><hr>

Whoever paged on something like that , is an idiot and your karma will come back to haunt you

[/ QUOTE ]

The person that paged is problably a necro and has bad karma.

I

imported_Stargazer

Ten years hm?
EA closed the doors of OSI years ago. The game has become progressively worse since AoS- some would say since UO:R. What's kept you here so long?

Also, I'm pretty sure the person who paged/banned you didn't know you were a single mother starting a business.

EA really doesn't give a [censored] about you. They've proved that they don't care about their vets over the last five or so years, so all of your hollering is going to fall on deaf ears. You're a number- a credit card number worth thirteen dollars a month.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have NEVER broken a rule, I have played 10 year BY THE RULES, never used a 3rd party program not even uo assist, never used an exploit, never done anything wrong in ten years of ultima online! This morning I can't log in and thus go check the billing, thinking maybe my card expired or something. Nope, still have plenty of gametime left, so I check my email and it seems as if I'm banned for naming a horse my website address. wwwDOTfantasiesbymelDOTcom. Now, what is wrong with advertising a fantasy art website??? The largest fantasy art purchasers ARE GAMERS so it makes sence to advertise within the game world no? After ten years of loyal service why would someone page on a single mother starting a business are people that inhumane? Whoever paged on something like that , is an idiot and your karma will come back to haunt you- as for OSI- advertising is not breaking the rules, as long as it relates to the UO community-which it does- most of the subject's i've painted are part of UO, fairies, geisha's, ect. Plus I was being nice in giving ultima players the first chance at purchasing my art. They deserve the chance to do so! Some of these players have been with me from day 1 and would love to own a peice of artwork thier friend did. I am purely outraged by this, i have never even had so much as a WARNING on my account, not in ten years! I'm not going to stop about it either, I'm taking this to the highest person I can take it to because fantasy art and gaming tie together, infact you can't have one without the other, without artists such as myself you wouldn't even have a game to play so show a little respect next time!
To those of you who think I'm right, stand up with me !

[/ QUOTE ]

Its in the Rules of Conduct. Enjoy.

With the exception of the sale of in-game items for in-game items or services, you may not market, promote or advertise anything, or make any other form of solicitation (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) through the Ultima Online service or Ultima Online web site.

It was not I who paged. I have more important things to be doing with my gametime.

F

five oclock

how much I hate to say this its true..its in the rules...But heres my question tho...

Why is it Cheaters and hacks get paged after page after page and nothing happens? but someone names a horse..and BAM they have a 24 hour ban.

UO doesn't...No wait..EA GAMES does NOT have the loyality to the people that pay there paychecks ...Any other business would of been gone a long time ago.

Ok side note..what was your business again? I would like to check that out. Im just making sure its the addy that you posted in your thread is all. If you could PM me it that would be great! Since I believe its against the rules of stratics to post web sights here
Thanks a million.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Since I believe its against the rules of stratics to post web sights here
Thanks a million.

[/ QUOTE ] why would it be against rules to post a website here o.0 you can't be serious, i post it on deviant art, proazn.com, i've made a youtube video about my site and this is the first time anyone's ever complained about posting my site or advertising it. the site is on my sig if you want to see it i have no objections. it's a very classy site, nothing raunchy or bad on it , so whats the problem?

G

<blockquote><hr>

With the exception of the sale of in-game items for in-game items or services, you may not market, promote or advertise anything, or make any other form of solicitation (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) through the Ultima Online service or Ultima Online web site.

It was not I who paged. I have more important things to be doing with my gametime.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually the rules of conduct say you cant advertise anything that doesnt have something to do with UO, art does have something to do with UO because without art there would be no UO at all. hence without artists UO would cease to exist.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Such is the way of the world... even in UO.

F

five oclock

[why would it be against rules to post a website here o.0 you can't be serious, i post it on deviant art, proazn.com, i've made a youtube video about my site and this is the first time anyone's ever complained about posting my site or advertising it. the site is on my sig if you want to see it i have no objections. it's a very classy site, nothing raunchy or bad on it , so whats the problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

ya know I really don't know myself. ill keep my thoughts about also to myself. But thank you for the reply..You are right tho..Without art there would be no UO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

actually the rules of conduct say you cant advertise anything that doesnt have something to do with UO, art does have something to do with UO because without art there would be no UO at all. hence without artists UO would cease to exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be an ass, even thought some on this shard think I am

With the exception of the sale of in-game items for in-game items or services , you may not market, promote or advertise anything, or make any other form of solicitation (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) through the Ultima Online service or Ultima Online web site.

G

Yep, like i've said before on another thread. EA will let Cheaters/Scripters/Dupers/Scammers/Etc run free, but as soon as someone puts a url in their' profile or on a pet, they get banned quick as [censored].

S

Sky-byte

you're on deviantart?

Can you pm me with a link to your gallery plz?

It's a crying shame that you were banned for something like that, while others are able to get away with worse. It's not fair, but that's the way EA is

G

<blockquote><hr>

how much I hate to say this its true..its in the rules...But heres my question tho...

Why is it Cheaters and hacks get paged after page after page and nothing happens? but someone names a horse..and BAM they have a 24 hour ban.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because I could make a website with malicious activex controls that would download software on your computer designed to steal your UO login information...and disguise the website as a harmless fantasy art website...

I

imported_Cysphruo

i suggest dropping books around like others do with the website in there, just make sure you clear the makers name though