• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MCCAIN 08

Dorinda

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Presidential Candidate must split or carry the southern states to win the White House. Senator Obama couldn't carry a single state in the solid south, even if he joined the Ku Klux Klan.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Based on demographics, you will hear it here first:

It is entirely possible, that John McCain will have a Landslide Win AND win in all 50 states.

Something, that to the best of my knowledge no FIRST TERM president has ever done.

The above is predicated on NO Show Stoppers, as in REAL vs the normal Mud Slinging Rhetoric, occurs in the Republican Campaign. If one occurs in the Democratic Campaign then it just solidifies that prediction.

L

Locker

I think it's more likely that McCain will die of old age in 08 than actually be elected president. Maybe that's why he won't release his medical records.

Dorinda

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's more likely that McCain will die of old age in 08 than actually be elected president. Maybe that's why he won't release his medical records.
How old was Ronald Reagen when he took office?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently a small caliber show stopper has occurred in the Democratic party, that still has a potential to escalate beyond any real, rational limit.

What should have been a minor embarrassment to local politics, has found a path to become a national problem for the Democrats.

Apparently there is reason to believe that the son of a Democratic law maker was the Hacker of S. Palins Yahoo Email account.

Apparently when the FBI and Secret Service went to the residence (after the young man fled the his dorm room) the father pulls a Sargent Shultz "I know nothing, I see nothing ....."

So now the option for the Republicans is on the table to suggest the National Democratic Party is into hacking its opponents e-mail. AND HIDING THE CULPRIT.

This is just to very sad, The Father should have turned the son over to the FBI and pleaded for mercy/leniency, siting the foibles of a young man caught up in a media feeding frenzy. It would have been a 24 hour white noise and dissipated. Now, now *shakes head* ... I understand the fear of tossing ones offspring to the feeding frenzy of the media, but now instead of curious looking fish, some real sharks are in the pond.

U

UltimaSword

The kid was an idiot anyway. If that were my son I'd be pissed.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BUT would you feed him to the Feeding Frenzied, Starved National Press?

OR

Would you try to make it all go away .....

I empathize with the Parents, who in their right mind OR their left mind OR BOTH SIDES would ever want to encounter the degrading, demeaning, cut / paste, National Enquirer mentality that has pervaded the National News Agencies. That have set themselves up as the Electors of Presidents, Member of Congress and Judges that sit on the bench for life. That instead of just reporting the news, they make the news, shape it to their own agenda.

A state of affairs that is getting to the point of 100% guaranteeing that anyone running for public office will be the BOTTOM OF THE BARREL.

U

UltimaSword

BUT would you feed him to the Feeding Frenzied, Starved National Press?

OR

Would you try to make it all go away .....

I empathize with the Parents, who in their right mind OR their left mind OR BOTH SIDES would ever want to encounter the degrading, demeaning, cut / paste, National Enquirer mentality that has pervaded the National News Agencies. That have set themselves up as the Electors of Presidents, Member of Congress and Judges that sit on the bench for life. That instead of just reporting the news, they make the news, shape it to their own agenda.

A state of affairs that is getting to the point of 100% guaranteeing that anyone running for public office will be the BOTTOM OF THE BARREL.
See the good thing is I am not in that situation lol. I think its up to the people to determine whether they should judge a whole party of people off the actions of ones son. What happens to the son is up to law enforcement but I would not like to see him eaten by the sharks lol.

A

Atlantian

This is a rerun of 1929. The republicans screwed up the economy and it took the democrats almost 16 years to fix what the republicans screwed up! And here we go again! The dems having to fix what the gop has screwed up!

GO OBAMA!!!!!!!!!

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the other hand Nancy Pelosi declared war on the Republicans and vowed to "Teach them a Lesson" when she too office.

She also claimed to be anti-chronyism and yet Murta, her Crony, then makes a point of telling Republican House Member that they might as well forget submitting legislation as it would be Dead On Arrival no matter what it was. Instigating an ethics issue. Guess who BURIES IT. You win, Nancy Pelosi BURIES the issue and keeps Murta as her Right Hand Man.

So you have 6 Years of a Do Nothing Congress, that has been Democratically Controlled, at war with the Republicans to Teach the a Lesson, capped most recently Senator Reed yelling and screaming at John McCain and House Republicans to derail the Bipartisan Wall Street Bail out, just so he could embarrass his Hated Enemy John McCain.

The Republicans Screwed things up? When Nancy Pelosi, John Murta and Senator Reed (all Democrats) are on record (no not government records but press records) as NO Republican Legislation will ever pass, period, then how do the Republicans Screw Things up?

When asked in the Presidential Debates, what he (Obama) would do to fix things, he said it would depend and he was sure "SOME THINGS" would need to have less priority and "Some things" would need to have more priority.

When asked in the Presidential Debates, why he (McCain) would do to fix things, he listed specific programs and sited examples why they would need to fixed.

The Republicans Screwed things up? The Republicans were always advocating the reduction of dependency on Foreign Oil. John McCain said, 18 months ago, he would initiate X Prizes for innovations in Alternate Energies. Obama said, that was silly, pointless, a waste of Tax Payers Money and as president he would not waste the tax payers money on such trivial and silly ideas. Now 18 months later and Obama is doing an Al Gore and claiming he invented the Alternate Energy proposals to save America. Hey Obama, I didnt know you were even around to invent using Ethenol.

The Democrats, until this week have refused to allow any legislation to allow America to use Current Technology to Recover more Oil from existing Oil Fields, to Recover oil from Off Shore (no not 100 feet off shore) Oil and Senator Reed Thumbed his Nose at the Republicans and and 30% of his own party and removed the verbiage that would allow U.S. Oil companies to use Current Technology to recover Oil from Shale deposits. These Reserves are estimated to be 2.7 times the proven Oil Fields of the Total Middle East.

The Republicans Screwed things up? The Democrats have consistently blocked any action that would investigate the Big Oil Companies and how they report their Oil Reserves (more to follow). They have blocked all attempts to investigate the Commodities Market Traders, if you dont know, they are the ones that drove the price of Oil from $35 a barrel to $140 a barrel. This escalation started 6 months after Nancy Pelosi declared war on the Republicans. Ms. Pelosi has systematically blocked all efforts by the Republicans to investigate the why this has occurred.

If you think the Saud's are responsible then you need to Look up the Gao's independent investigation as to were the price increases are coming from. It is clearly documented that Saudi Arabia was maintained a sell price of $35 a barrel and the "Speculators" Traders of the Commodity Market (shades of Enron) were selling the $35 a barrel oil at $95 a barrel, claiming there was a shortage of oil, All the While Kuwait, Saudi Arabia etc kept saying there was NO SHORTAGE. A Tropical Storm forming in the Atlantic is NOW justification for raising the Price of a Barrel of oil by $20. Why? Well because it MAY become a Hurricane, it MAY go into the Gulf of Mexico, it MAY hit an Off Shore Oil Rig (SPECULATION).

It was reported, this summer, that the barrels of Oil being reported in Pipelines, Storage Facilities and processing plants were being UNDER REPORTED BY 90%. Hello Enron version 2.

Guess who BLOCKED ANY INVESTIGATION INTO IT, you win Nancy Pelosi and Senator Reed.

The Republicans Screwed things up? The same Republicans that have NOT HAD CONTROL of Congress?

Nice way to white wash the Democrat Controlled Congress and blame the Minority Party in Congress, the Republicans.

What Screwed things up was the Price of a Barrel of Oil going from $35 a barrel to $140 a barrel being translated in to an increase in Gasoline prices, home heating prices etc. AND THE DEMOCRATS deliberately blocking any and all legislation to increase domestic Oil Production, Alternative Energy Products and any effort to investigate what was going on, even after the GAO released its own investigation.

One could surmise, that Nancy Pelosie, Jon Murta and Senator Reed know no boundaries on what they will do to KILL the hated Republicans.

U

UltimaSword

The reason I do not argue politics is I could rip republicans a new one just as easy. And where do most political arguments go? No where! woohoo.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason I do not argue politics is I could rip republicans a new one just as easy. And where do most political arguments go? No where! woohoo.
Here we can agree, there is no one side is good and the other is bad.

My irritation and it is with both sides, is that the News Agencies have 100% embraced the National Enquirer form of journalism (AKA make the news what we want it to be). The ... lets be just say a Number of People have become Dogmatic, Programmed Couch Potatoes (this is being said of both Republicans and Democrats), that have made "We get the Government we deserve" a living breathing cliche.

I could have added that the poster should remember that the same Democrats set the stage and allowed Germany, Japan and Italy to plunge the world into World War II. That is was the economical bleeding of Europe, Russia, Great Britain to the U.S. that fueled the economical recovery the poster sited. That in fact, when hostilities were concluded America was the ONLY Economic Super Power in the world and every other economy was either NON EXISTENT or next to NON EXISTENT.

That had either of two events occurred differently, the outcome of that war would have been drastically different.

Had the Black Operations, performed by a British commando group failed, Germany would without doubt, have developed a Nuclear Bomb before we did and they already had the delivery vehicles.

Had an American Destroyer NOT intercepted a German U-Boat near Japan, that was delivering U232 to Japan, the Japanese Military would have had sufficient U232 to build multiple Nuclear Bombs, to which they had already tested and proven the technology.

All of the above was while the "Glorious Democrats were repairing the monumental screw up of the Republicans". The Poster needs to ask himself can we survive World War III, while we are recovering from the monumental screw up of the Republicans.

Here is a formula that works.

Republicans Run the Executive Branch.

Democrats Run the Congress Branch.

Centrist from both parties Run the Legislative Branch.

BUT OF COURSE IT CAN NOT WORK WHEN ONE SIDE DECLARES WAR ON THE OTHER. When one side digs its heels in and will NOT allow any legislation to be passed if it is from the other side.

When that happens, we get what we have had for 16 years, the Government We Deserve.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never thought I'd even post in a political thread, but here is my whole thought:

McCain is old and despite the fact that many have lived long lives, I am still not willing to vote for someone that could likely die of old age in office with Palin as his VP choice. So the way I see it, if you're voting for McCain, your basically voting for Palin as President. No thanks.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never thought I'd even post in a political thread, but here is my whole thought:

McCain is old and despite the fact that many have lived long lives, I am still not willing to vote for someone that could likely die of old age in office with Palin as his VP choice. So the way I see it, if you're voting for McCain, your basically voting for Palin as President. No thanks.
Why because she is female?

It certainly can't be a belief that Obama has more time in an "Executive Branch" job than she does. Because if you do, then .... well you are effectively comparing 2+ to 0 and saying they are equal.

He has NEVER held an executive branch position.

He has NEVER took on any member of his own party for corruption, let alone take one on and WIN.

He has NEVER took on any Big Company, but you can limit it to Big Oil and WON BACK the rights of the people from them.

You wont vote for Palin because she is Female?

And you WANT to consider there are NO GUARANTEES on who will and will NOT be alive on any given TOMORROW.

So if YOU insist on having Obama switch from Running against George Bush to running agains Sarah Palin (you know anyone but McCain, making Obama NOTHING MORE THAN A Vice President Candidate), then accept that, it is as likely that Joe Bidden will be YOUR next president as it is that Sarah Palin will be. Oh, and Joe Bidden has NEVER held an Executive Branch Position either.

Wait a moment, the only person of the 4 people that have ANY EXPERIENCE in the Executive Branch is Sarah Palin and within context, her position was the Commander In Chief. And the people have given her an 80% approval rating.

U

UltimaSword

I knwo you weren't talking to me but to me it has nothing to do with gender, race, religion, age. Only with the person and in my honest opinion I feel Obama is the man for the job. But one can never be to sure. I am just gonna vote for him.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why because she is female?

It certainly can't be a belief that Obama has more time in an "Executive Branch" job than she does. Because if you do, then .... well you are effectively comparing 2+ to 0 and saying they are equal.

He has NEVER held an executive branch position.

He has NEVER took on any member of his own party for corruption, let alone take one on and WIN.

He has NEVER took on any Big Company, but you can limit it to Big Oil and WON BACK the rights of the people from them.

You wont vote for Palin because she is Female?

And you WANT to consider there are NO GUARANTEES on who will and will NOT be alive on any given TOMORROW.

So if YOU insist on having Obama switch from Running against George Bush to running agains Sarah Palin (you know anyone but McCain, making Obama NOTHING MORE THAN A Vice President Candidate), then accept that, it is as likely that Joe Bidden will be YOUR next president as it is that Sarah Palin will be. Oh, and Joe Bidden has NEVER held an Executive Branch Position either.

Wait a moment, the only person of the 4 people that have ANY EXPERIENCE in the Executive Branch is Sarah Palin and within context, her position was the Commander In Chief. And the people have given her an 80% approval rating.
Wow, just about any little comment on any issue makes you blow up, kind of sad. You need to take a breather sometime, lol.

But no, not because shes female, it's because she is far from being the brightest one out there. Sheesh, does it really have to be a race and gender issue with you people?! However, the big reason McCain has her as VP choice is because she IS female, kind of a little trick on trying to get more votes according to some. But I saw her interview, the only reason I was impressed is that she made it out of there in one piece.

Although, I must say getting 80% rating, while it is good, doesn't really count for much in a small Alaskan town IMO

L

Lord Urza

If you understood the electoral collage dorinda, you would understand that obama does not HAVE to carry those southern states and that he is projected at having a good lead according to the electoral collage.

If the 1st pres debates didnt turn people off to McCain then I suspect the vice pres debates will do a very good job of showing How broken his ticket is, they have been doing a great job of keeping palin under lock and key because they know when she talks at length she damages the credibility of the campain with anyone other then there own core base.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But no, not because shes female, it's because she is far from being the brightest one out there. Sheesh, does it really have to be a race and gender issue with you people?! However, the big reason McCain has her as VP choice is because she IS female, kind of a little trick on trying to get more votes according to some. But I saw her interview, the only reason I was impressed is that she made it out of there in one piece.

Although, I must say getting 80% rating, while it is good, doesn't really count for much in a small Alaskan town IMO
Sorry to have offended you by rebutting your .... 2 second sound byte. Perhaps you should really come to the party ready and NOT thinking your sheer presence constitutes the WIN.

[
]it's because she is far from being the brightest one out there[]

Oh, when did they publish the IQ's of the 4 people? OH WAIT THEY DIDN'T and your just spouting the normal trash talk you have been programmed to say.

However, the big reason McCain has her as VP choice is because she IS female
So YOU SAY it is NOT Race / Gender, Oh WAIT YOU SAY THAT IT IS GENDER. Oh WAIT Lets see now, the REPUBLICAN ******* WILL SAY OBAMA IS THERE BECAUSE HE IS BLACK.

Yeah right, you make it perfectly clear you wont vote for her because she is female.

And know to demonstrate just how CLUELESS you are when you come to the party.

The 80% IS HER APPROVAL RATE AS GOVERNOR.

It is time you go back and get your programming refreshed/updated.

U

UltimaSword

Viper said he didn't care about race/gender. Yet he said Mccain picked her because she was female... I feel that way too. I mean it wasn't his whole reason but it was probably part of it.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...they have been doing a great job of keeping palin under lock and key because they know when she talks at length she damages the credibility of the campain with anyone other then there own core base.
Oh Really? Then please explain how her acceptance speech reversed a 19 point Democratic lead to a 5 point Republican lead that has since reverted to a 5 point Democratic Lead. While it is easy to say I didn't like what she did, there for she seriously PO'd people against her. It is far more difficult to prove as it is far more credible to attribute the poll swings to her than to to say they were just ... well something ... something anything other than her.

She injected energy and hope to the Republicans. But you go right a head and say she killed them.

She has brought the swing votes to the Republicans. But you go right ahead and say she killed them.

She has made the focus on her, Joe Bidden, Obama, MacCain have done nothing in comparison, but you go right ahead and say she is nothing.

NEVER in the history of politics has the focus been on the Vice President candidate the way Sarah Palin has MADE IT BE THIS TIME. But you go right ahead and say she is not only nothing but is killing the Republicans.

In short you go right ahead and make this entire election about this NOBODY that KILLS EVERY THING.

Dorinda

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you understood the electoral collage dorinda, you would understand that obama does not HAVE to carry those southern states and that he is projected at having a good lead according to the electoral collage.

If the 1st pres debates didnt turn people off to McCain then I suspect the vice pres debates will do a very good job of showing How broken his ticket is, they have been doing a great job of keeping palin under lock and key because they know when she talks at length she damages the credibility of the campain with anyone other then there own core base.
Urza,

We must be looking at two different electoral maps. Obama has to win some southern states in the south to win, such as Bill Clinton did in 1992. Bill Clinton was Governor of Arkansas and of course he carried his home state (Arkansas), Lousania, Tennessee, and Georgia. Therefore, Bill Clinton split the South.

I suggest studying some presidential history or even some political science. The president elect must win 270 electoral votes (a majority) to win the presidency.

I do think it will be a close election, due to the economy, but I think MCCain will pull it out.

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
McCain simply because he isnt a socailist and doesnt belive in the forced redistribution of wealth.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enigma, chill out, seriously.
If you read my post clearly, I said that I don't care about gender/race. That doesn't mean McCain doesn't or anyone else. Maybe if you could find a way to read carefully you might be able to understand people better instead of acting like a some pissed off guy.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 80% IS HER APPROVAL RATE AS GOVERNOR.
And that is exactly what I was talking about when I said:

You seriously need to read more carefully before shooting off your mouth

L

Lord Urza

Dorinda I dont know that we are looking at two diffrent maps or if we are just interpreting them diffrently, but it is a fact that based on MOST current poles (which when compaired to the results of the last presidential election seem to be reasonable) Obama does have a higher number of electoral votes. It is reasonable to belive that there will be some varying between the current poles and the end results, but that could go either way.
Its becoming increasingly obvious to those undecided voters that Mccains ticket is flawed in his choice of the goveror from Alaska. She helped the campain stay afloat quite well for a couple weeks, but in two weeks she has went from polling as the most liked of the four candidates to the least liked.
Romney would have been a much more solid choice for the republican ticket.

I know this will be a close election, but i have little doubts at the moment that Obama will be quite fine, pending joe biden ( who is in my opinion a geat choice for vice pres) sticks to the subjects and doesnt get off track as joe biden tends to do when he speaks at length.
There will be little compairison between palin and biden in the vice pres debates

Considering she doesnt try to back out of them like Mccain did in last weeks presidential debate.

K

Kith Kanan

Well who ever wins he cant be as big a looser like Bush , that muppet is about as intelligent as snail droppings.....

F

Flora Green

A Presidential Candidate must split or carry the southern states to win the White House. Senator Obama couldn't carry a single state in the solid south, even if he joined the Ku Klux Klan.
Obama isn't going to carry many states period.

F

Flora Green

McCain simply because he isnt a socailist and doesnt belive in the forced redistribution of wealth.
Exactly. Yet again there are too poor choices from both parties and the other parties might as well not exist. But, I would gladly take 8 more years of Bill (which I NEVER thought I would say) or 4 with Hillary over Obama any day. The mere fact that someone as far left as Obama made it this far is highly disturbing.

L

Lady Narsil

This is a rerun of 1929. The republicans screwed up the economy and it took the democrats almost 16 years to fix what the republicans screwed up! And here we go again! The dems having to fix what the gop has screwed up!

GO OBAMA!!!!!!!!!
Both the rebublicans and democrats have very dirty hands when it comes to the economy. I am so tired of all the finger pointing on both sides and the fact that my children and their children will have to pay for this so called bailout makes me sick.

I am a military wife with a husband overseas and the day I put his fate in Obama's hands is a going to be a cold day in hell. I don't hate him or wish him ill, but I don't trust him with my husbands life, nor do I trust Bush, but I vote for who I feel is best not the party. McCain at least knows the cost of war on a personal level and will think before he sends them in knowing full well what can happen. If Obama had his way my friends would have died for nothing. The surge is working and we can win it will not be easy but we can do it.

I do think we can all have opinions without all the hate and anger. I am so tired of all the crap coming from both sides I will just be glad when this election cycle is over.

U

UltimaSword

Both the rebublicans and democrats have very dirty hands when it comes to the economy. I am so tired of all the finger pointing on both sides and the fact that my children and their children will have to pay for this so called bailout makes me sick.

I am a military wife with a husband overseas and the day I put his fate in Obama's hands is a going to be a cold day in hell. I don't hate him or wish him ill, but I don't trust him with my husbands life, nor do I trust Bush, but I vote for who I feel is best not the party. McCain at least knows the cost of war on a personal level and will think before he sends them in knowing full well what can happen. If Obama had his way my friends would have died for nothing. The surge is working and we can win it will not be easy but we can do it.

I do think we can all have opinions without all the hate and anger. I am so tired of all the crap coming from both sides I will just be glad when this election cycle is over.

I mean no insult but the way you seem to look at it your friends will have died for nothing whether obama is prez or mccain. Bush made sure of that. BUT then taking Saddam out of power was a good thing indeed. If another dictator does not rise to power Iraq may have a brighter future ahead for its people. That's worth dying for and us continuing to stay in as we are is not helping.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

...your friends will have died for nothing whether obama is prez or mccain. Bush made sure of that.
us continuing to stay in as we are is not helping.
It is the American way, for those that do NOT DO, to sit in their Arm Chair and proclaim what Morons their Quarterbacks are, when they are losing. They never take the risk of being on the field, only the risk of making the claim of how moronic the ones on the field are.

So I assume you have access to all the information on the Iraqi Liberation, that the people of Iraq are thanking us for and asking us to continue to stay, so they have the time to form an enduring Government that is what all 3 factions want.

Oh wait, but of course that is nonsense, of course you do not. Yet you claim that those that have died did so, worthlessly, pointlessly.

Funny how the Iraqi People DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU.

Funny how the majority of those that watch Arab ran news agencies Admire the Americans for being willing to give their lives to stop Islams from killing Islams.

For being willing to do what it takes to give them the chance to have a better tomorrow.

You are probably indoctrinated with how the Surge is a total failure and the Iraqi Liberation is a total failure. BUT when you finally come to terms with the reality that it is a total success, then you may want to probe into WHY there was such a large turn around, why the hearts and minds of the Arab People are being won over.

The added component that would elude Obama for ever, that his defeatist, everything is lost and I must talk surrender to who ever will listen, mind set could never ever think of, let alone accept.

We will need to stay there as long as it takes to allow the Iraqi People to create a stable and viable Government.

I made a suggestion to the other neophyte that (s)he should look up the Marshall Plan. I make that same suggestion to you. You may want to expend that extra effort to find out how it was initially received, what it was like for the first 11 years. To gain a context and perspective, also look up The Treaty of Versailles, make sure to see the path it created. Heck, you may as well get educated on Neville Chamberlain and add the depth to understand the current scenario.

The only way their deaths become "in vain" is if Obama get elected and caters (as in he doesnt give a crap) to his constituents that say the Liberation is lost, and surrenders, the United States of America, its lands, its people, lock stock and barrel to Bin Laden, who he of course will meet in person on Bin Ladens terms, Bin Ladens turf, with NO PRECONDITIONS, well that is if Bin Laden is anywhere to be found. Bin Laden may be to busy leading this victorious World Wide Army to victory every where in the World, even if Bin Laden is doing it from beyond the grave. Because after all Obama is sure the ONLY THREAT to AMERICA IS BIN LADEN. That there are NO OTHER THREATS

A

Atlantian

Bottom line is every time a dem has been in office the economy has done good. When the repubs are in office the economy has sucked the only exception was Ronald Reagan. If you want to keep paying the rich to stay rich vote for McCain. If you actually want to get a break from being beat up every time you cash your paycheck, then vote for Obama. It's obvious that people care more about keeping the rich rich than actually getting some health care and tax breaks for US working class people.

U

UltimaSword

And I am sure you have all the knowledge eh? Complete fail. Went there for all the reasons. End of story. I do not know how other presidents would have handled 9/11 but Bush gets a failure all around.

Also you didn't understand my post. I said it depends on how you look at the situation. She thinks if Obama comes in their deaths will be for nothing. I disagree.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bottom line is every time a dem has been in office the economy has done good. When the repubs are in office the economy has sucked the only exception was Ronald Reagan. If you want to keep paying the rich to stay rich vote for McCain. If you actually want to get a break from being beat up every time you cash your paycheck, then vote for Obama. It's obvious that people care more about keeping the rich rich than actually getting some health care and tax breaks for US working class people.
How conveniently you leave out and ignore the fact that Nancy Pelozi and her Cronie, Murta, declared War on the Republicans and stated very clearly that every bill they tried to introduce would be DEAD ON ARRIVAL before it was even introduced.

That YOUR Democratic Party has been AUTHORING the Spending bills for the last 6 years. As NO REPUBLICAN WILL BE ALLOWED TO AUTHOR ANY BILL AS LONG AS NANCY PELOZI IS IN OFFICE.

So get REAL, you don't like the way the economy is? GET THE FACTS and go have a Talk to Nancey Pelozie(D), Murta(D) and Senator Reid (D). Suggest they stop THEIR WAR ON THE REPUBLICANS and start working for the people.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...I do not know how other presidents would have handled 9/11
Also you didn't understand my post. I said it depends on how you look at the situation. She thinks if Obama comes in their deaths will be for nothing. I disagree.
Last part first, good try to spin it, I did not miss anything, you stated quite clearly that Bush had already made their deaths, worthless, pointless.

She is 100% correct Obama WILL MAKE THEIR DEATHS IN VAIN. In Vain to the point that your children WILL PAY THE PRICE ON NON COMPLETION as the ones that have paid this price HAD TO PAY IT, because their parents ABANDONED the Afghans when the Great Big Bad Soviet Army was defeated. Left them to be occupied by an even more Brutal and Repressive government that embraced Anarchy/Chaos so THEIR form of Order could exist unquestioned/challenged.

---------------

Now the first part.

November 2000,

Do you think President Bush "KNEW" this was to be his Presidential Legacy? That he ran for office "KNOWING" that 9/11 would happen?

Do you think that those that voted him PRESIDENT of the United States of America "KNEW" 9/11 would happen?

Do you think that those that voted against him, "KNEW" that 9/11 would happen?

Reality, he got the short straw, he got a Presidential Term that was, politically WORSE than December 7, the Day of Infamy. Worse because there was NO WARNING, NO CONTEXT.

Thank Bill Clinton for that, when he effectively (not literally) dismantled the Intelligence Agencies ability to gather and report "CREDIBLE" intelligence.

Had to keep the waters murky so Hilery could do her transactions with the Chinese. Ever wonder how they managed to make suh a large technological leap during his 8 years?

U

UltimaSword

Not discussing with you anymore as you like ignoring and/or twisting things I say in my post and then spew ridiculous fabrications. Peace. Listen to Mosh by Eminem sometime...

A

Atlantian

Uh....I work in the real world. I have been in the housing industry for more than 26 years and I have seen what happens when then repubs take over. Sugar coat it all you want! The repubs only take care of the rich. Always have and always will.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not discussing with you anymore as you like ignoring and/or twisting things I say in my post and then spew ridiculous fabrications. Peace. Listen to Mosh by Eminem sometime...
That's Enigma for you. He has a thing for, just as you put it, ignoring and twisting things people say and spewing fabrications.

A

Atlantian

It's also obvious that you believe that the unemployment rate of this country is 6.1%. (Fox news) The gov base their numbers on people that have filed for benefits but not on the people have ran out of benefits. There are more than 6.1% of people out of jobs. Take a good look around your apartment complex or neighborhood and tell me what you see. Go outside of your residence and look at whats really going on and quit believing what you see on tv.

L

Lord Urza

That's Enigma for you. He has a thing for, just as you put it, ignoring and twisting things people say and spewing fabrications.

Well you know if the truth doesnt suit you, and the world you live in, WHY NOT!
WHY NOT just distort the truth to suit your version on reality.
If your luck and you lie to yourself maybe you can convince yourself and become to belive your distortions as actual truths..
I dont blame Enigma, Its hard to admit your wrong about EVERYTHING, So he will bury any discussion under SO MANY FAULSE OR DISTORTED REALITYS that no one is going to be able to read up on each of his claims, and Rebut

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
twisting things I say in my post
I mean no insult but the way you seem to look at it your friends will have died for nothing whether obama is prez or mccain. Bush made sure of that. BUT then taking Saddam out of power was a good thing indeed. If another dictator does not rise to power Iraq may have a brighter future ahead for its people. That's worth dying for and us continuing to stay in as we are is not helping.
"the way you seem to look at"
"your friends will have died for nothing"
"Bush made sure of that"
"us continuing to stay in as we are is not helping"

No there is NO distortion or misunderstanding. As I said you stated it crystal clear.

---------------------------

I point to historical events, to people that time has proven to have value.

You point to a temporal, local, flash in the pan.

Our sources of information are very different.

Example, I could say go listen to "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme" and it is a given you wont even know it, without looking it up.

I could say go listen to "Universal Soldier" and again you wont even know it.

Temporal, Flash in the pan.

---------------------------

It is good the Daycare Psycho Babbler has decided to keep it to himself.

M

monnie101

I don't know who's worse. McCaine or Obama.

Do you know that a large amount of Americans don't even know who the candidates are??

They thing it's Hilary, Obama, and McCaine. They don't know who's in and who's out. Thanks to mainstream biased reporting.