• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mayweather vs McGregor

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Time will tell, should be fun to watch but like you said it's all about the $MONEY$... also known as "The Money Fight"

Fight.png

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Money Mayweather all the way. He isn't putting his legacy and goose egg in the loss column on the line for nothing. He is hands down the best defensive fighter of this generation. If the other great boxers of the last 20 years couldn't beat him, I don't think some MMA trash stands a chance.

#TMT

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
They are pitting a crazed guy that can fight but isn't a great boxer against the greatest defensive boxer we have had in many, many years... and they will fight under boxing rules.
There is absolutely no way McGregor will win this.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I used to be a major Mayweather hater... but he proved me wrong time and time again. He is quick, agile and knows how to box for points. Pretty Boy Floyd has survived better fighters than McGregor. If McGregor counter punches with rage... he loses. As soon as he starts to see red and thinks he can throw a punch that has no chance of landing with his full force behind it... it will end up exposing his body and Mayweather will get the hits he needs to score points. The only way to beat Mayweather is to be quicker than him. If the likes of Canelo and Pac-man couldn't do it in recent years, I don't see McGregor doing it either.

McGregor's ONLY chance is the lucky punch that KO's Floyd. He will not win by out-boxing Money Mayweather.

Aeneas

Adventurer
Conor did his homework just like other boxers who fought Mayweather previously did.

I am not a fan of Mayweather by any stretch of imagination but this guy knows boxing. I don't think Conor has much of a chance. It's as much a mental fight as a physical one. Experience and familiar with the rule are Mayweather advantages vs Conor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I heard they are calling it a technical knockout, and Mayweather has won. His record is now 50-0.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did anyone really think it would end any other way than a Mayweather win? McGregor had one chance and one chance only, and that was to land a lucky haymaker. And even then he had to do it against the best defensive boxer in history.

McGregor himself knew this. His trash talk was simply to generate hype. He didn't even believe it himself. He was there for a pay check and was happy to lose to picking up. It was a pantomime.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And it ended the only way it could end.
McGregor did better than I expected, but once he started to lose steam at round 5, Mayweather knew the win was a matter of time.
The referee call to stop the fight at round 10 was right. McGregor was a punching bag at that point. He hadn't thrown a single punch in well over 45 seconds.

Glad I watched it. It was a good fight, unlike the hug fest that was Mayweather vs Pacquio.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are both on an island drinking mojitos and laughing at everyone that thought the fight would go any other way.

It was scripted... #collusion

jokes people just jokes. :)

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If someone paid me 100 mil to fight Mayweather and told me to go down by KO or TKO at Round 10, I too would. :p
I dont think i could take mayweathers "fake punches" let alone his real ones hehe.

also like to get connors props for not getting frustrated, shooting in and moving for an arm bar.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I pretty much called this one right on the dot. Mayweather played defense knowing the McGregor's gas tank would putter out mid-fight and score points with efficient fighting.

McGregor definitely won the first three rounds, but didn't make much of a difference after that. Some people were giving him the 8th round, but that was debatable. After Mayweather figured out his rather oaf-ish style, he was able to open him up with power punches to the inside and parry most of McGreggor's offense after the third round. McGreggor would come out strong in the first thirty seconds of each round, but after throwing his punches... he was generally all out of mana and spent the rest of the fight trying to escape Floyd.

I seriously question how or why anyone would have questioned "The Best Ever" up against a first time opponent. I give McGregor some props for putting up an interesting bout, but otherwise, this was exactly Floyd's game. Canelo and Pac-Man did a much better job keeping up with Floyd's stamina and changing styles through out their respective fights.