• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Maybe something. Maybe nothing.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was curious on how many people actually visit these rmt sites. One particular site recieves ~30,000 unique visits a day. This got me thinking.... since the only reason to visit this site is for stuff in game, what percentage of players do you think that 30k visitors count towards the actual total population of uo?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I was curious on how many people actually visit these rmt sites. One particular site recieves ~30,000 unique visits a day. This got me thinking.... since the only reason to visit this site is for stuff in game, what percentage of players do you think that 30k visitors count towards the actual total population of uo?
How are you getting a figure on the unique visits?

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if google analytics look at the browser info and see if the word "bot" is in there

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How are you getting a figure on the unique visits?
I used a site called trafficestimate. Honestly not sure how they get their numbers. They state stratics recieves around 89k a month.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
if google analytics look at the browser info and see if the word "bot" is in there
Yeah they have to be counting bots, I looked at the estimate for Stratics and compared it to the reality...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not to mention that there are also some people so desperate for attention that they pay for visits (which they then turn around and use to brag about how popular their site is, to try to persuade others to use it).

One of the major embarrassments of a certain once-prestigious SF award ceremony, is that they've given out 50+ nominations for fan site/fan work/other categories (and several dozen rewards) to a site that turned out had always had 95% of its visits being from paid bots (even far surpassing the normal unpaid bots, let alone the dozen or less regular posters), with some of the bots really just existing to share the guy's material to make him sound more important and topical than he actually is. When people tried to point out his fake numbers, with evidence, his critics were slandered with charges of bigotry, etc.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I visit one particular site often as they have a nice search feature. I can search all the Luna vendors or every shard with one search. It's kinda handy when your trying to come up with a price for some item you want to vendor, etc. I've never spent a dime there :p

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I visit one particular site often as they have a nice search feature. I can search all the Luna vendors or every shard with one search. It's kinda handy when your trying to come up with a price for some item you want to vendor, etc. I've never spent a dime there :p

Probably the one I use for multiple searches across shards too. And I am told that if you buy something from them, code or whatever, that it is delivered promptly without all the waiting Origin often makes you go thru...

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm vocal against RMT sites and use them. It's just a necessary evil. I feel dirty doing it... But you'll catch me on top of luna bank frequently.