• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

maybe hacked

K

Kith Kanan

anyone got a uo phone number where i get to speak with a person i think one of my accounts got hacked , and Jerry's email would be nice too

K

Kith Kanan

thx , and I tried that number i get some automated **** that keeps refering to some webpage , tried the euro one too , but thats the same , need to talk to a live person :(

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm told that if you speak the word 'billing' the autobot goes away and you get a warm, breathing EA rep..... I've never tried it, myself

keep us posted, and good luck

L

Lord Richard

anyone got a uo phone number where i get to speak with a person i think one of my accounts got hacked , and Jerry's email would be nice too
if all your gold is gone, and your artys are missing, your chars out dead somewhere in Fel, your house is sold...that's a pretty good indication you got hacked...but if they really want to be pricks, they just change your password, and let you watch from one of your other accounts while they destroy all you worked for. You call for a GM but, alas, you are # 50 in que and they aren't answering any pages that day.

K

Kith Kanan

if all your gold is gone, and your artys are missing, your chars out dead somewhere in Fel, your house is sold...that's a pretty good indication you got hacked...but if they really want to be pricks, they just change your password, and let you watch from one of your other accounts while they destroy all you worked for. You call for a GM but, alas, you are # 50 in que and they aren't answering any pages that day.
not much gold on the account , and I revoked accesse to my main houses where my stuff is stored , looks like a classic scam , think I got hosed by a previous owner , my fault for not using safe xfer of account , but ill make sure peopel know he is a scammer....

P

packrat

If you buy an account from someone and you dont transfer it over to your name then technically its still his account. All he has to do is call billing and give him the account information and take it back over and there is nothing you can do about it.
A lot of people don't know this.
If you buy an account make sure you get it transfered into your name.

K

Kith Kanan

Had changed the name , e-mail and the billing info , and even just added 6 months of gametime , but yes apparently he can re-claim it anyways , got the 6 months gametime refunded thou , still annoying as hell , but now I get to bad mouth him on the entire european server.....

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think anyone can reclaim an account after 30 days if the account info has been changed. Can anyone elaborate on this?

D

DVI

If you do not use EA's account transfer program then the previous owner at any point in time can call and claim they have been hacked and recieve the account back.

P

packrat

It happened to my friend. she bought an account and paid real cash. she played it a week or so and had an emergency in the family. came back 3 weeks later and the person she bought it from re-claimed the account because they had the original code from when they purchased the game. Nothing she could do about it.
So, if you are going to buy accounts from people you don't know. Pay the little bit extra to transfer it into your name.

M

Mankind

Game time is the culprit here. If you buy an account, and bind it with your credit card number. As long as it's being paid for by you, the original owner can NOT get it back with a simple phone call.

H

Hanna

It happened to my friend. she bought an account and paid real cash. she played it a week or so and had an emergency in the family. came back 3 weeks later and the person she bought it from re-claimed the account because they had the original code from when they purchased the game. Nothing she could do about it.
So, if you are going to buy accounts from people you don't know. Pay the little bit extra to transfer it into your name.
Chances are as likely that both the OP and your firend bought accounts that already had been hacked and sold to you by the hacker.

B

Blade_Thugluv

Game time is the culprit here. If you buy an account, and bind it with your credit card number. As long as it's being paid for by you, the original owner can NOT get it back with a simple phone call.

thats not true at all. Im not going to get into details as i dont want to give anyone info on how to scam someone.

Pay the $30 to get the account changed over to you if you buy one. The org owner can get the account back if you dont.

I can say 100% that it doesnt matter if you pay for the account for 30 or 60 days they can get it back. with out doing the xfer theres no proof you own the account that you bought, traded for, was given to you.

~Blade