• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MaxisLee: "I am fine with bots"

G

gusdegloom

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Pay as you go buffet might be ok IF they ever lower the cost of stocking them. Buffets, grills, punch bowls, pet feeders, and maybe more, have not been lowered at all yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean this never happened?

[/ QUOTE ]
====
I don't know. I don't have a lot and haven't stocked a buffet. I only know what I see and I see places closing due to lack of money/food.

G

gusdegloom

<blockquote><hr>

I have to disagree with you. Sims that came in with 0 simoleans do not need to beg for food. Doing 1 money object is enough to buy a 5 simoleans snack out of a vending machine. Or one day at a sim job is enough to buy plenty of food. This is just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
====
well open a lot with 30 hungry sims and get back to me.

G

Then I would have 30 hungry sims who didn't bother to read my house details where I would have stated food must be paid for.

MaxisLee is fine with bots, interesting, guess watching every single simolean transaction would probably allow them to see who is botting.

G

That's what I mean, I know the buffet still costs the same to stock and fill, so does the grill. I know the crafted pet feeder still costs $150 to fill also. I had my punch bowl stocked and filled up so not sure about it, or the bar, but I am assuming they missed those too. From what I can see, the only ones lowered on that list were refrigerators.

N

NightFlyer

TTL

It would be helpful if Lee would post on this thread and explain that quote to us all but I don't see that happening.

I'm not surprised.

G

I don't see it happening either. Mostly because I think Lee knows those botting will be caught by the system. So maybe that is why he said what he did. Other than that, I have explained my opinion many times in this thread. Maybe if someone would throw some pants on we might have had an answer by now.

I

imported_LFancey

I have been watching. I stand by my statement. Questions like these are very interesting they tend to bring it full circle.

Cheers,

Lee

N

NightFlyer

Again, the typical non-answer.

Why not remove the ToS against 3rd party programs if they are no longer against it?

Just a thought.

G

No, he did answer you. Read what you posted, you will understand.

G

Why should Lee post details about bots/botters and have those doing it know exactly what will be done to deter or prevent them. Those who made the bots would only attempt to bypass any new preventions. Lee's keeping silent is the best thing.

R

Rach

Completely agreed, i think having Lee give details can only be negative.

But, dev's do give out a lot of information, I disagree on the assumption that the constantly skirt questions. If they do, they have reasons.

Sometimes you just have to ask the right questions. Like whether or not they are wearing pants

G

<blockquote><hr>

Completely agreed, i think having Lee give details can only be negative.

But, dev's do give out a lot of information, I disagree on the assumption that the constantly skirt questions. If they do, they have reasons.

Sometimes you just have to ask the right questions. Like whether or not they are wearing pants

[/ QUOTE ]

That question might be best left unknown also, doh!