• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Max crafting talismans

C

craememp

I'm looking for both +30 blacksmithing talisman and +30 tailoring talisman. If you have one or the other.... or BOTH
, please name your price. Real cash or gold offers. Thank you!

C

craememp

My bad! I forgot some important info.

My ICQ is 211-742-098.

I'll pick up at any shard.

They can be +28 or +29 as well.

I will pay well.

I will consider naming my first born son or daughter after you.

AND.. I will toast to you the first chance I get.

Thanks!!

G

Are you looking for the bonus to the skill, the exceptional bonus or both on the same talisman?

C

craememp

Good question. Thanks for asking it, as I didn't think about it at the time. I am looking for the regular bonus closer to 30 than the exceptional. I'd guess that the exceptional can help me enhance items as well, right? But I'd think the regular bonus is better. Anyone's thoughts?

Thanks!

G

My understanding is talismans have nothing to do with enhancing.

What's "paying well" actually mean? What's this type of item worth?

G

Talismans are used to bump up the chance of recieving more mods with higher instensitys when crafting, but has no effect on enhancing to my knowledge, although its possible.

As to the price, a talisman with either 28-30 in exceptional or normal skill can usually be found for around 1-2m. Theyre still rare, but not in as high demand as one that has both exceptional and normal skill in that range. One with both within the 28-30 range is extremly difficult to find, and dont usually come up for sale, so naming a price is some what difficult

G

No, talismans simply give a % higher chance to craft and/or (if it says "exceptional") chance to craft exceptional.
It has nothing to do with mods the # of mods are set in stone regardless of if someone wears a talisman or not.

G

<blockquote><hr>

No, talismans simply give a % higher chance to craft and/or (if it says "exceptional") chance to craft exceptional.
It has nothing to do with mods the # of mods are set in stone regardless of if someone wears a talisman or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

An exceptional item is more likely to have max mods and higher intensities. As far as enhancing goes if an item does not have max mods it can recieve additional mods.

This doesnt mean that an exceptional item will always have more, better, or higher mods, but it increases the liklihood of it occuring.

If I'm understanding what you wrote then there would be no point in using a talisman other than to get an exceptional tag.

G

I assure you, you are mistaken.

A talisman that has Tailoring 30% gives your tailoring skill a 30% higher chance to craft items (put it on and check your % chance to craft on the crafting menu if you don't believe me)

A talisman that has Tailoring Exceptional 30% gives your chance to craft exceptional a 30% boost (again if you doubt check the crafting menu with and without the tally)

Talismans do not under any circumstances give a higher chance at max mods and higher intensities in and of themselves.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I assure you, you are mistaken.

A talisman that has Tailoring 30% gives your tailoring skill a 30% higher chance to craft items (put it on and check your % chance to craft on the crafting menu if you don't believe me)

A talisman that has Tailoring Exceptional 30% gives your chance to craft exceptional a 30% boost (again if you doubt check the crafting menu with and without the tally)

Talismans do not under any circumstances give a higher chance at max mods and higher intensities in and of themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.uostuff.com/index.php?title=Talisman

Up to 30% Bonus - Can be found in regular and Exceptional. It adds to your chance of crafting a regular or exceptional item. Some new items cannot be crafted in exceptional so a Talisman with Exceptional Bonus will not help you with these items (Alchemy, Glassblowing, and Cartography. Exceptional bonus for these skills likely does not even exist). DOES NOT apply to enhancing.

Note: Skill bonuses from talismen apply only to earned skill; i.e., a talisman won't help you create anything you don't have the base skill points to create. Once you have enough points to create something, however, the talismen apply their bonuses as expected.

http://www.uostuff.com/index.php?title=Exceptional

Exceptional is a tag which is given to Armor or Weapons if made by a crafter of sufficient skill.

An exceptionally made piece of Armor will gain a 6% bonus that is distributed randomly among the base properties of that item. For example, an exceptionally made plate tunic could have 2% applied to Physical, 2% to Fire, and 1% to each Cold and Poison. Or, and this would be extremely rare, all 6% could be added to Physical, making it quite a valuable piece of armor.
Exceptionally crafted Weapons get a 35% Damage Increase bonus.

G

Let me ask you this....do you find that wearing a talisman for lets say tailoring or inscription that you craft better pieces then when you are not wearing one?

I always notice a definite difference between the pieces I craft when I'm using a talisman.

G

You cannot get better items using a talisman.
The only thing that gives bonuses is runics.
You may be confused because you always get a bonus when you make something exceptional with tailoring or smithing. (edit: you get the exceptional bonus whenever you craft something exceptional... if you wear an exceptional tailoring 30% you get a higher chance of making the item as exceptional but the mods would be the same on the exceptional item if you wore a talisman or not)

G

I completely understand what you're saying. But if a talisman gives you a better chance of making an exceptional item, then you have the opportunity to make an item with better mods and intensities.

G

Flutter is 100% correct, and you are getting there also.

The only reason to ever equip a talisman is if you are crafting a new item, and the percentage to make it exceptional in the crafting menu is not 100% already. (Or even the base item, in which case the 'regular' bonus is useful also.)

Exceptional weapons add damage increase, and exceptional armor adds a few points of resistance as we all know.

Nothing is worse than crafting the perfect weapon with a runic hammer and not having damage increase on it. Talismans can help with that.

G

I was never trying to insinuate that I believed the talisman gave me more mods or higher intensities. I simply didnt spell it out. I know that it just increases the possibility of making an exceptional item.

Sorry for not being clear

C

Celte

<blockquote><hr>

Talismans are used to bump up the chance of recieving more mods with higher instensitys when crafting

[/ QUOTE ]

^^

G

yes by increasing the possibility of creating an exceptional item....

C

craememp

Well, I still would like one... and if there IS a chance to get one with both normal and exceptional up to 28-30... I will start a price negotiation with that individual who is willing to sell.

Thanks for the debate, though.

C

craememp

ha ha... np... it's good information.
It might even spread the word a little more, what I'm looking for.