• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Max 100 builds

IgloAtlantic

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Looking for advice on some effective bard builds that don't require skills above 100 to be effective.

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It all depends on what you want to do in game and if you plan to use jewelry. I would need more information before responding.

IgloAtlantic

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Yes to jewelry. But no power scrolls. I'm struggling with my first go of it with a mage peace bard. Mainly with the mage summoning spells. Thinking maybe using inscribed EV scrolls...but really want to explore what ideas you'd have on what is possible for a budget bard:)

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It is really tough with no power scrolls, most of the better spawn won't be peaced very often. You will have better luck with area peace but it only peaces for a couple of seconds. Scrolls are a way to go but the downside is that it costs regs to make them vs casting with a LRC suit. You should also do the bard mastery quest for peace as that will help as well.

100 Magery
100 Eval
100 Med
100 Music
100 Peace

You can add in spellweaving and focus or spellweaving and disco or prov

I would invest on 110 scrolls, you can usually find them fairly cheap and they will up your chances quite a bit.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say that a bard template probably is the worst thing you can play if you dont gonna scroll it to 120. Tamers, arechers, melee, myst, mages etc all work better.
Just my 2 cents.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bard on a budget, what an intresting idea :)
Think i would go something like this..
100 Music.
100 disco.
100 tamin.
100 lore.
100 vet.
100 Magery.
100 spellweave

Use mare+beetle.. or a pair of bakes..
Get a full set of slayer instruments...

Kuzan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I run a bard tamer
With jewels to max out all skills
110 tame lore vet
120 music peace Provo
100 Mage
No med or eval just wear lmc mana increase mana regen gear
The power scrolls are pretty cheap

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could just pick up 115 scrolls from the bank floor if youd ont have gold enough for 120.
But as i said before, bards are kinda bad under 120, or even bad at 120 VS higher end mobs if you dont have myst or taming or something ellse to deal dmg.

IgloAtlantic

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for your ideas and templates. I very much appreciate the advice on power scrolls. Was hoping to do this without, and I see many of you think I'd have better luck with them. I'm glad there are a few workable templates I can get into.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Although it's subjective, I find Bard powerscrolls are shockingly cheap, few hundred k maybe for most. You could easily make that while training.

Alternatively if you're adamant about only going to 100, Disco/Peace Dexxers can quite easily kill some mid-high stuff without taking much damage back. As long as you play it right and don't have hit spell on your weapons things usually die before the targeted peace wears off.

To be honest I miss playing templates that are less than 100%, it's a lot of fun and wish I had room, I'd probably do a Discord or Peace Ninja Dexxer... probably Discord as Mirror Images would replace Peace more effectively. I remember for a while when I started a new shard playing a very basic Ninja Dexxer, using only the Virtue Armor Set and one of the low calibre artifact weapons, it was basically all blessed, all self repair, and could just sit in Doom forever farming Arties, worked too :p

IgloAtlantic

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hadn't thought about ninjitsu, that would add some nice defensiveness too. What about a temp of:

Mace 100
Ninj 100
Heal 80
Tact 100
Anat 80
Music 100
Disc 100
Chiv 75

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Sounds good, try out all the forms there's some really useful ones, Serpent (poisons when you hit... so if you're killing something that heals like a parragon cu)/Frog (poisons when you take a hit... working a champ spawn take off your weapon and run through)/Unicorn (poison immunity)/KiRin (stam regen and mount speed)/Wolf (mount speed 20 hp and hci)/Cu (auto bandages)/Reptalon (firebreath - this is based on your HP and goes off when you flag... you can tap in and out of war mode and keep flagging to keep shooting breath), and especially Dog (huge hp regen).

I had a ninja bandage thrower kill Mephistis on foot solo without any trouble.