• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

mastery spell song buffs to summons ....

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... no longer work for my poor bard. I guess I missed something perhaps.

Have just checked the buffs from invigorate no longer flag the bard grey when used together with a 'red summon' like an energy vortex in Felucca.

Is this perhaps an undocumented "feature" from the "bug fix" listed in publish 76 =>
  • All Bard Mastery Party abilities are now subject to a beneficial action check
Summoned pixies & earth elementals definitely got buffs from invigorate sometime in the past!

BTW - it still works on 'real' pets as well as with charmed repond beasts (with the spellweaving spell Dryad allure) - it does NOT work on the beasts, that you get under your control in the revamped Despise. I'm pretty sure this is a 'feature' introduced with the re-vamped Despise system, is it not?

Last edited:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe some of the summons are no longer buffed to deal with the pet flagging issues. (The Despise mobs however, are not pets.)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Bards really need some love. there are so many critters we cant even effect .The only thing I use bard skills on anymore is my tamer and thats mainly for disco! and the provo mastery

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bards can always use some more love. I'd like to have equippable instruments, and if you have 120 music you can whack people with your instruments at a cost of one charge/swing.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Equip-able instruments would be awesome even if just for the visual effect! And their have been a few people I would like to bash with my lute ;-)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Bards can always use some more love. I'd like to have equippable instruments, and if you have 120 music you can whack people with your instruments at a cost of one charge/swing.
i just made my "O" face

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to be able to imbue GM instruments with slayer properties using the same ingredients as slayer weapons.
and I'd really, really like another opportunity to get flutes of renewal - or even lutes of renewal?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'd like to be able to imbue GM instruments with slayer properties using the same ingredients as slayer weapons.
and I'd really, really like another opportunity to get flutes of renewal - or even lutes of renewal?
have you ever noticed that the most expensive shard to get those on is ATL, which ironically is the cheapest shard to get almost anything other then those on. i always found that to be strange.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
While lute bashing might be fun, I'd really like to drum someone to death.
A Battle Lute.
A Spiked Drum of Destruction.
A Thundering Tambourine of Turbulence (with tassels!)

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Battle Lute.
A Spiked Drum of Destruction.
A Thundering Tambourine of Turbulence (with tassels!)
A bag pipe of Arrrrrrmaggeddon .... woooohooooo :banana:

ThankXXX everybody for your replies - it's way more than I had expected!

BTW - I'm the bamboo flute fencer kind of guy - would also love to be able to imbue onto those.