• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Mastery keeps stopping

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ok for the last couple of months I have been testing peace mastery's! Then I moved on to the provo Mastery's and Now I am testing the discord Mastery's!

The problem is I start either mastery and after a about 10 to 15 seconds of running they stop!

1 I am taking 0 damage
2 I have plenty of mana left

this is on a tamer!

If this is how they work and I have to keep refreshing them and paying the start up mana and the maintenance they dont seem worth it compared to the others!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
that is how they are intended.

they last i think its 14 seconds, then you have to recast them.

it was brought up here a month ago and we discussed it, cause i didnt know about it either.

the difference is that the disco masteries are the one ones that do direct damage, thats why they cost more for mana and die off where the other ones dont, cause they dont deal direct damage, they just strictly buff.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ah ok thought it might be something like that! I have already switched back to provo mastery's with my pets they do a lot more damage from the buffs/heals and I can run them all the time!

I can maybe see them on a pure tamer as a way to do direct damage

Z

Zero Day

Duration for discord masteries scales with bard skill and targets magic resist.
I haven't found the resist to factor off non players yet though.